Default much less people playing than could be and I believe I know why

Simple reason, ie having to put ones phone number in to validate an account is BAD! Additionally I read on the official page that hotmail banned the use of necron or some such but tbh for a new player thats going to make them think that the signup is a scam, just saying.

Anyways just popped on and wandering to people still play, just popped on at 12:30 at night gmt, thing is I know I didnt expect many people but Im sure the server said zero. Its sad because this is still a really good game and I think the phone number thing is REALLY hurting you, and sure you can say it stopps multi accounts, well not really actually because many people have multiple phones

Anyways hope to hear from some people that still play as I would be sad despite my despair at how silly the signup system is if this game were going down to be forgotten about

Bad timing I'm afraid - the server was down for patching.

Regarding the hotmail issue we have unfortunately not been able to resolve the fact that most outbound mails (that includes signup confirmation, account passwords etc.) are not being delivered by hotmail and you would end up believing the signup was broken or your account request was being ignored. At this point we would have already lost some people. Others may contact outgame support – again using their hotmail account – and despite the request being answered promptly, it will appear as if they are communicating with a black hole or simply being ignored because the reply is not being delivered to the inbox either.

While this issue is not resolved, banning hotmail accounts from signup and informing the player about this issue is the lesser of two evils.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience there, but none the less, welcome back to the community.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Would have to say it is more to do with the fact it has "been back" awhile, long enough for all the vets to come back and some to leave again, then they are not advertising yet, so there really arent any new players.

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

Arrow

the new website should be ready first... have we a date for this? - then ad. but hey +2 runner... and more... this is going up.
    best time to come back... is now! i founded friends from 10 years ago a few hours... here again... so, hell yeah... lets rock! - nc1_oberliga is home... again.
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Noob HC GenTank buddhistsoldier's Avatar

Im actually a new player, but I came here by word of mouth, a friend of mine was an old player and talked me into playing, but he left again and Im running solo, grabbing group runs when I can lol

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by buddhistsoldier View Post
    Im actually a new player, but I came here by word of mouth, a friend of mine was an old player and talked me into playing, but he left again and Im running solo, grabbing group runs when I can lol
    aww man that sux :/ if ya need/want some help in game or anything shout for yahoo in game
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

For what it's worth I've had several friends start the sign up process but stop at the phone number and decide that they didn't want to play if they had to enter their phone in.

Don't eat that yellow snow

They don't like the idea that you have to prove your identity at the sign up? Well good riddance then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    For what it's worth I've had several friends start the sign up process but stop at the phone number and decide that they didn't want to play if they had to enter their phone in.
    i tried to get into the game many times and stopped short at the phone number until i finally cracked. for people who do not feel the need for nc nostalgia the decision of playing an outdated mmo isn't so hard. i've also requested the support to delete my phone number form their database via email, but never got a reply. it's not even used. i never got any form of confirmation or code on my phone. so maybe you can just enter fantasy numbers... which i sadly did not do.

this is a problem.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i've also requested the support to delete my phone number form their database via email, but never got a reply. it's not even used.
    I think it has been stated, that personal information is deleted after 48 hours or something after the account is confirmed. i am not 100% sure though.
    If thats not communicated with account registration thats not so good I guess.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Stealth Wipe Victim

I know a lot of people who aren't keen on having a lot of details on the net. I guess even though the guys are very professional, there is a different attitude to providing private details for a free community game compared with a large company (even though the large companies have pretty much all been hacked...).

When my wife registered her account she asked why it was asking for her phone number, and was dubious.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    They don't like the idea that you have to prove your identity at the sign up? Well good riddance then.
    I know right. What kind of asshole second guesses giving their name, home address, phone number, and email address over to play a 10 year old game run by a volunteer support staff. They should start requiring medical records just to further sort out these people.

The issue is on our radar and we too are not happy about the current state of registration and account verification.
    For what it is worth, I can assure you that all personal data is handled with appropriate care and certainly more secure than it has been before the volunteer crew took over.

I won't close this thread for the sole reason that I do not want to make the impression that anyone has the intention to ignore or shut down this topic, but I will tell you that it does make little sense to continue this "discussion". The current system will be replaced when a better solution is ready to be put in its place, but no sooner.

I can think of MANY reasons above this as to why people don't play
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

What about people without a mobile phone? I guess I'm just very lucky I signed up looong ago..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast