Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

I have one major complaint. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to change the sound effects for high tech cannons? Moreover, who had the brilliant idea to change them to something that most closely resembles the sound of a turd being dropped in a toilet combined with a depth charge exploding in 100 ft of water?

Everything else I like but those sound effects have to go. It just sounds awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Sounds to me like you wanted to quit anyway.
    Well not particularly right, ive never been very motivated to build up from scratch anyway (freetime). So with these changes i simply cba to keep playing, as i said my priorities have shifted.

edit: If it wouldnt have been that i got vacation atm i wouldnt have returned in the first place

edit2: I 2nd Kanedax oppinion about the sounds

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    I have one major complaint. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to change the sound effects for high tech cannons? Moreover, who had the brilliant idea to change them to something that most closely resembles the sound of a turd being dropped in a toilet combined with a depth charge exploding in 100 ft of water?

Everything else I like but those sound effects have to go. It just sounds awful.
    This..

I dont like speaking badly about volunteer Work, but the new sounds are just bad..

Why change sounds that doesnt need it.. And why on earth change them into something THAT bad..?
    Plasma cannon sounds like WW2 Flak, and I dont know what Plasma Waves sounds like, but it sure doesnt sound right...

If a weapon's sound needs to be changed its the Libby.. THAT thing have a terrible sound..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ulx View Post
    current server population -1

As i said in ooc i cba nowadays to invest more time into lvling leaving le in, nor can i be arsed taking it out dealing with pkers every hour and invest time to replace things or get imped up.
    Its not 2003 and i dont have the same amount of free-time as i had then.
    In fact, ive always been someone who took LEs out very early, also on Terra, but i said from the start, cba to do that on Titan.
    So im gonna be seen a lot less if even after all, and if surely not for lvling, cuz my RL freetime is just too precious for me to waste it under these conditions. And with this last patch my priorities have shifted so far that neocron is the redundant game now.
    Im currently on vacation and had planned to cap my chars, but guess what...cba...im out.
    How selfish of the devs not to consider everyones real life commitments. Having to invest time in an MMO, who'd have thought it!

Good job the volunteer team trying to advance this game don't have similar such commitments. Oh, hold on...

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    How selfish of the devs not to consider everyones real life commitments. Having to invest time in an MMO, who'd have thought it!

Good job the volunteer team trying to advance this game don't have similar such commitments. Oh, hold on...
    ^ This.

Now get yourselves in game and stand up for you clan/faction etc.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 08-05-13 at 19:59. Reason: Flaming

That Ravager sound.....fucking hilarious
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

Quote Originally Posted by ulx View Post
    current server population -1
    Im sorry you feel that way, but LEs used to have these kinda drawbacks to begin with. Just remove your LE and keep playing. Maybe dont go to regants and all those hotspots if you are scared of being PKed. Then again if you dont like to die at all, get poked and so on maybe NC isnt the right game for you ...

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Red face

Patch 182 and 183 are excellent, except the Venture Warp restriction on -31 SL, and use of GR entry and exit points outside of NCPD areas of control (we should be able to GR from the DoY into TH, or between OPs. This makes red SL chars useless for defending Clan Outpost.

LE changes. Thank-you.

City Administration guards are stationed outside of City Administration HQ. Enemy runners will be shot on sight. FANTASTIC
    Preventative measures have been installed to prevent CopBots falling into the pool in Plaza Sector 2. Shame. They were waterproof, you know.

New sounds... Erm. I'll have a listen.

The REAL Walker

Uh one thing that annoys the hell out of me.. Something has been done to reloading..
    You cant switch item, while reloading anymore - at all
    I guess its to prevent Ion pistol fast-switching though?
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Uh one thing that annoys the hell out of me.. Something has been done to reloading..
    You cant switch item, while reloading anymore - at all
    I guess its to prevent Ion pistol fast-switching though?
    [R#182/183] Patch Notes
    [...]
    WEAPON BALANCE
    [...]
    - Switching weapons while reloading has been disabled.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

I think your changes to the rpos are really great.
    I noticed that allied non-LEed runners appear red in my local list. Unsure if this should be so.

Okay. Seriously. Jokes over. Give me back my good cannon sounds.

First of all I want to say the changes are good and also needed, overall good Job.

2 points I want to tell my mind.
    About the SL, I think this was a needed change, because there are some runner not respecting others, for example during levelning loging on high lvl char and killing all other non LE Players.
    Another think is how Player acting between LE and non LE, if you read the forum and this thread there are coments like, LE Players sucks, fu... LE Player, all LEd are Idi..., this showing me there is also no respect, the game having an non PvP part as well and this should be respected by all.

About the LE Changes (nerve), I think it was a good Idea but on this point I have some complains and a review would be nice.
    Don’t understand me wrong I have no problem by leveling with LE and getting less money and less XP, but I don’t think that an increasing system is practicable. On the other hand all LE Players have been nerved already before, because they can use only 3 brain imps.
    I have taken a look on the impact now and how players are acting now with them.
    I have seen some really strange things, for example Players running around with high end weapons but without armour and having a combat rang of 45 to 50 (/ 60) to earn more money (I think this possibility was not calculated before).
    About the XP reduce I found out the system is ok for all classes except the droner, because droner are realy preferred in this case, why its easy to explain, a droner don’t need to level secondary skills (STR, CON and PSI) but can cap DEX and INT and also go for WOC by having an overall Rank around 50 or less, this is only possible for droners not for any other class, also droners can stand there by using the Punisher, Particle Beam or RK 1000 with an really low combat rang to earn nearly normal money (I have seen RK 1000 droner with CR of 37 because of no armour no bones and all secondary skills really low, nothing skilled on health and so on).
    I would more prefer to do a system like in NC 1, for example LEd getting after reaching LVL 30 an amount of 15 or 20% less XP, and a money reduces of 30 to 40%, overall this would be fair to all LEd (btw. I do not understand why the money is so drastically reduced for a lvl 60 CR, because if you reach lvl 60, the looted money is not the point, the money is made by the looted items).
    Last edited by Korkis; 09-05-13 at 01:16.

Ulx. give it a go. dont write it off on a knee jerk reaction. join a clan so that when you do have time to log on there are people with you. supporting etc. sorted.

Yes at the weapon sounds. Ok its one thing to change em but why change the ones that didnt need changing?

Liberator/paineaser. They are as pleasant as diarrhea on a quiet day. The CS sounded meaty with its plasma sound. now it sounds..... Odd. The laser i quite like. not heard the wave. i will have to test it.

I would suggest that you need to look at the low tech weapons over the tech weapons. I understand the differentiation strategy between the cs now and the first love but i would have left them alone personally.

It was a KK move imo. Fix something thats not broken.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast