Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    [..] and you'll never be able to convince an educated person otherwise.
    An educated person of course. Just not you.

And while we are at it: over the top, retributive punishments are JUST in theme with a totalitarian, oppressive autocratic regime like that of the City Admin. What do you believe is the source for all the dirt and grime and misery in Cyberpunk? What makes it 'living on the edge of life and death in the city'? The one-way shute ride to the bottom of society for ANY reason. That's what establishes the most important feature of the genre. That missing or unfair possibility to redeem yourself raise your social status is the major driving force.
    'Life isn't fair' is nowhere more true then in Cyberpunk.
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 05-05-13 at 20:08.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    An educated person of course. Just not you.

And while we are at it: over the top, retributive punishments are JUST in theme with a totalitarian, oppressive autocratic regime like that of the City Admin. What do you believe is the source for all the dirt and grime and misery in Cyberpunk? What makes it 'living on the edge of life and death in the city'? The one-way shute ride to the bottom of society for ANY reason. That's what establishes the most important feature of the genre. That missing or unfair possibility to redeem yourself raise your social status is the major driving force.
    'Life isn't fair' is nowhere more true then in Cyberpunk.

Except "law" only really applies to corporate/commercial sectors.(plaza, viarosso)
    Except corporations and organized crime(which we are apart of) are above the "law".
    Except cloning facilities(gene replication), and their corporations, are ALWAYS above/disregard the "law" and offer these services regardless of legal status. They are true neutral.

Nice try tho.
    Last edited by Model192; 05-05-13 at 20:39.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

I also disagree with the SL changes.

I'm sure people will now get killed intentionnally in cave or anywhere to kill somebody SL.
    In cave, you sometimes are more than the team limit. AoE is a problem.
    Moreover, sometimes, people don't want to team with other people (which should remain a right ofc).

Maybe the penalty could be lowered if you kill with AoE.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the changes to SL missions ...

I'm not an ally killer but I like to defend myself. And I already sometimes prefer not retaliate and die (to "kill" someone SL) than fighting, which is not normal !!
    I behave as a signature

The only really fair way to handle this is to have sl loss proportional to damage. If you scratch another player then you should take minimal appropriate sl loss. If you kill a player however you should take full sl loss - like up to 15 or 20 points. There should be an upper limit to the sl loss also. A range between 5 and 20 say. This way everyone knows what's at stake in every situation. Grinding back 20 missions to fix your sl is enough punishment for anyone to bear.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    The only really fair way to handle this is to have sl loss proportional to damage. If you scratch another player then you should take minimal appropriate sl loss. If you kill a player however you should take full sl loss - like up to 15 or 20 points. There should be an upper limit to the sl loss also. A range between 5 and 20 say. This way everyone knows what's at stake in every situation. Grinding back 20 missions to fix your sl is enough punishment for anyone to bear.
    Totally agreed and they could make it so that if you do less than a certain percent of damage, no SL loss at all.

However I wonder how difficult this would be to implement

the actual SL changes are great and will open the way to more (F6)-RP and less LE-usage.

avoiding unwanted red SL is still pretty easy: dont use AoE in the presence of unteamed allies and neutrals. dont zone-lame at P2 with unteamed aliies and neutrals.

and they said they will implement more mission features for regaining SL. what else could we ask for?

Looks like a step back to old days concerning the SL. I didn't even know it was any different.

Many people state that "there should be harsh consequences for -SL" and i agree and on the other hand I rip my LE off my char as soon as I am online. It puts me in danger sure, but that's thrilling and fun.

There should be harsh consequences if you get rid of your LE as well and if people get standings by killing me it is just fine. It is what i expect and love and there's no better feeling than someone letting you live..while he does not have to.
    Actually a part of NC i really enjoy.

/not native. sorry

/Edit The team SL loss back in the days was a Droner only thing. The character was in the team, but not his drone so he lost SL. Droners were always lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    Totally agreed and they could make it so that if you do less than a certain percent of damage, no SL loss at all.

However I wonder how difficult this would be to implement
    It is already implemented. You have to do at least 15% damage do get SL loss.

I can't understand the QQing of some people here.

I like the changes so far. And now I am looking forward to some more LE-disadvantages to decrease the current amount of LE-chars.
    (the event yesterday proved it)

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post

I like the changes so far. And now I am looking forward to some more LE-disadvantages to decrease the current amount of LE-chars.
    Ah cool! I have to admit I don't PvP and the crying seems a little exaggerated to me too

i for one ripped out the le of one of my chars after the event yesterday. and no, that's not a safe-zone-hugging trader.

The REAL Walker

Same.. I guess that some people dont want to have any repercussions to their actions..

Yeah hopefully that will come soon'ish.. Although IMO balancing is much more important (but also much harder to do )
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

As already mentioned, we have just had one of the biggest events in Neocron's history (the BIGGEST afaik). The Guardian attacks Neocron and finally kills Jack Red. The epic battle between the Guardian and City Admin to take place in years and 85% of the players around had a LE in.

"Oh Hey! You are one of the TG who raids my beloved city? ....... Have fun!".

The LE is also one of the biggest game-flow killers, expect changes.

I can't count how many times I've read "Bring us back Neocron 1!!!11222" over the years but most of them shouting are NOT tough enough to play it again in my opinion.

Guys, you are spoiled from the changes made in the past: A SL system without any consequences, a "Law Enforcer" with a story but no negatives... only positives from enforced law, a weapon called "DISRUPTOR" and runspeed at an astronomical level

Please don't tell me you have become one of the players we'd call "Carebears" in NC1
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 06-05-13 at 13:45.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Z++

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    As already mentioned, we have just had one of the biggest events in Neocron's history (the BIGGEST afaik). The Guardian attacks Neocron and finally kills Jack Red. The epic battle between the Guardian and City Admin to take place in years and 85% of the players around had a LE in.

"Oh Hey! You are one of the TG who raids my beloved city? ....... Have fun!".

The LE is also one of the biggest game-flow killers, expect changes.

I can't count how many times I've read "Bring us back Neocron 1!!!11222" over the years but most of them shouting are NOT tough enough to play it again in my opinion.

Guys, you are spoiled from the changes made in the past: A SL system without any consequences, a "Law Enforcer" with a story but no negatives... only positives from enforced law, a weapon called "DISRUPTOR" and runspeed at an astronomical level

Please don't tell me you have become one of the players we'd call "Carebears" in NC1
    While I agree that the law enforcer needs changes, you can hardly blame the people (85% apparently) for having their law enforcer in.

First of all you are spawned with it when you create your char, second of all there is no point in taking it out unless you want to PvP and you are not being penalized.

So instead of blaming us you should blame yourself and make it worthwhile to take it out

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    So instead of blaming us you should blame yourself and make it worthwhile to take it out
    No ... but you have to blame KK.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast