Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i don't like this idea. you don't need that. people are already popping out their le all over the place. it's a tax and that's negative. they need to pay the power bills for the extra copbots on p1 and p2.
    Agree with Enti, The RP is clear about LE, you're meant to pay a tax for wearing it, so it's negative

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    Small suggestion....

Change the malus of the LE chip and instead make it a bonus.

Instead of telling players they get LESS exp and cash by wearing the chip, have the description tell players they get MORE exp and cash in the chip's description.

"By removing this chip, you will gain a bonus XX% Experience and a bonus XX% Cash from killing both NPCs and other Players"

So, whatever the intended effect of the chip has, make it sound positive instead of negative.

Psychology 101
    This is great. I love positive twists. We should offer a carrot than a stick

the patch have been on for over a week.

it good AND bad in same time.

for prime time your happy. more people and all. LE'd got nerf your happy.

for a no-prime time like me it a lot like Nightmare on friday. i can't and won't remove my Le. because many (if not all) pker are around us at that time (AkA no prime time) and none to ask help if thing get out of control. 50% less money mean i have likely 50-50 money that enter... and leave for same stuff (die, came back. trying to get poke).

i would mine. the week end i get up earlyer and it fun. it bring back the old NC2 like i know it. but when i play whit friend during the week. it suicidal to remove it.

the nerf is a bit (if not way) too hars***. 20-30 % would have been good. it like a slap on a hand. now it like a punch in the face each time i see my money on the screen im like The fuck :S.

Add to that the economie that start (5M for a part of SF chip... The fuck again... when a full MC5 chip is somehow in the 2-4M) you put even less money in our pocket... it just plain suck.

i wanna remove my LE... lot of stuff that stop me... the one that keep me away is taht as a PPU.... well i can't cast on my friend if they have a LE (in or out) different that me. that mean we need to convince us 3 to remove it in same time. else we are screw. We still are 1 imp short and it already a penality on himself.

like i say. only stuff i regret is that not been advice before AND that the cut is way more hars that it should be. paying a fine because i haven't remove the stuff they gave me at the start of the game... ok....paying that fine a arm and leg on each mob... kinda make me sad.

Hey but im still and will be alway playing. i haven't came back to sit on my ass and complain like help me did a few day ago. i gave my own opinion alone.

if i was in prime time. i would have way more less probleme. but since im not inside a prime time. my only no-le'd toon have been kill (farm let say) enought to have lost 1M is gear and (beside the lost time, relog other toon to get imp missing and else) haven't made that 1M yet... killing a WB... comming and start hacking and get out because a player next to you and kill you. loot your WB unlocked and leave... grrr that the reason im still no secure to remove the LE

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boreal View Post
    [...]i wanna remove my LE... lot of stuff that stop me... the one that keep me away is taht as a PPU.... well i can't cast on my friend if they have a LE (in or out) different that me. that mean we need to convince us 3 to remove it in same time. else we are screw. We still are 1 imp short and it already a penality on himself.
    I am not sure I understood all of what you were saying, but you CAN cast on your friends as a PPU now if you are without LE and they have one. That was changed a while back, so to be a help to friends you are not bound to the LE anymore. without it you can even help those without LE too.
    Another thing: While the penalty now is harsh, the one implant less that LE users have was way less disadvantage than all the bonuses you got by them.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Hahahah i didn't know. i was under the impression if i remove my LE i counld't cast on LE'd player...

and like i say. only my own opinion. it a hard time off prime time to have that kind of harsh on us. i would have like a advertisement or something before

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i don't like this idea. you don't need that. people are already popping out their le all over the place. it's a tax and that's negative. they need to pay the power bills for the extra copbots on p1 and p2.
    Actually, it is a fact that positively changing a negative aspect of something makes people like it more. It's all semantics, true, but that is not how people perceive things.

The LE chip could easily have this in it's description;

"This head chip makes you immune to attacks by other Runners and also makes you ineligible to join any Runner made Clans.

If you remove this head chip, you can implant it back in as long as your Attribute Rank is /30 or less.

By removing this chip, you free up city resources and gain the trust of fellow Runners. You may become vulnerable to attacks by other Runners, but you will also make +50% Experience and +50% Cash when you kill any target and you may now join Runner created Clans.

These bonuses are a way of Citi Admin thanking you for freeing up the expensive defensive field it costs to maintain the Law Enforcer Chip."

So instead of making the chip seem like a negative, the chip now makes the player feel that this is how the game is played, but you get a POSITIVE for taking it out.

Basic game design and psychology for a happy, majority player base. You learn this shit in the first month of game design.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

I like that positive spin to it, however the trust part might be a deterrent or confusing if you really want to play an LE character (RP/trade etc).

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

What trust part? I am not understanding you, sorry.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

"By removing this chip, you free up city resources and gain the trust of fellow Runners."

I understand that you meant that as other runners will like you more because you took out the LE, but the info text should only really concern actual limitations in my opinion or new players could be confused as to what the LE actually does (you might be lead to believe that it also affects SL, sympathies etc).

Also, you WILL become vulnerable to attack, not may

Delete.

The LE is a control mechanism for City Administration. They don't want you to remove it, after all you don't willingly accept it's implantation at City Admin's secret brain washing facility.

In the patch notes we could have stated that the removal of the LE results in a bonus but introducing that change to the established and knowledgeable community, would have resulted in nothing but posts along the lines of "but it's not, it's a negative, it's a nerf". The bonus (it's a huge bonus) of the LE is that you are invulnerable to the direct actions of another player, let us not forget that. What has improved that bonus even further in recent patches is that you can now even level alongside Non-LE'd players and run the PvE elements of the game in a team with them thanks to improved PPU support for LE'd runners.

We do still need to adjust the description of the LE. Based on the lore behind the LE and it's City Administration overlords it is likely to focus on the major negative of removing the Law Enforcer i.e. you are not protected from the direct actions of other runners outside of enforced no weapon zones. This is a two sided coin and as such the chap in Area MC5 who discusses all of this with the player (pros and cons of the LE), will certainly get to sing the praises of benefits for removing the LE so you can get more XP and cash.

Somewhere the negatives have to be explained, the delicate balance of this is what you consider to be the negative. This consideration will be different from person to person. Yes players will always respond better to a change described as a positive but in doing so you also describe a negative for another set of people.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ťI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ť

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

@Dev's; We demand more patches. This last few have created a stir and got people talking about the game again, let's feed the 'machine'. Lol

TLDR; Nice work dev's, keep up the good work.

I recently returned after many years after noticing the patches addressing some long term issues were successfully implemented, i.e. clipping etc. At last Neocron is now the thriving place it used to be and I cannot thank you lot enough for putting in the time and thought to keep this thing going. This is great to see so please keep up the good work.

I remember my Spy taking out my LE back in NC1 days when it was a single slot server and joining a clan when I was low level. The sheer adrenaline rush it gave me seeing other non-LE's on the location scanner was immense! He died loads and I mean loads as he was a droner who couldn’t stealth. Yeah it made me mad, but it just made me want to get revenge and forced me towards the level caps even more!

I don't have too much time compared to back then and ironically for an MMO, levelling seems best when there are hardly any runners around. Anyways personally I won't be removing my LE until I can farm enough rares to get a rare weapon to be able to at least defend myself with half a chance, and why, well I see no fun to be wide open to being taken down without a snowballs chance. The only thing that may sway me to take it out is if the experience reduction was increased to a higher amount between 50-75% nearing cap level. However if this was the case I would expect to be able to defend myself and I had a few initial thoughts for discussion:
    - new lower level rares.
    - new Protopharm chip that reverses the resists for PvP damage in that as you inevitably gain more XP you take more damage in PvP.
    - SL loss increased by the difference between ranks, so a high level picking on a low level takes more of a hit in SL reduction.

The main benefit to the LE is protection from other players and the main malus is experience and cash reduction, however the two mostly co-exist in the environment locations, i.e. a dungeon or levelling spot. The only thing that currently deters PvP in a levelling spot is the zone SL parameters, however I feel this needs to be increased in dungeon areas but not to completely deter it. If you don't want to risk AOE killing other players in a dungeon, then don't use AOE, use single target weapons instead.

Finally what happens to those runners who have massive -99 SL, who can't use apartment access lifts or GR's? I take it they can resurrect back at a GR, which is an issue if they can as it means they get around the restriction to their apartments by dying. Alts can also provide them whatever they need if they think it through beforehand so lockouts to apartments and shop vendors is not as effective as you may think. This needs more work and I will have a think for some suggestions.

Interestingly I see Anarchy Breed in the missions list, so is there likely to be something progressing this area for these runners with negative SL?

Strom Alchofrolic [79/63] Rifle Spy on Terra
    Fates [46/46] PPU on Terra
    Narko [43/47] Rifle PE on Titan

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Default Perhaps a CS would help me out...

Quote Originally Posted by Okran View Post
    Anyway personally I won't be removing my LE until I can farm enough rares to get a rare weapon to be able to at least defend myself with half a chance, and why, well I see no fun to be wide open to being taken down without a snowballs chance.
    My tank is capped, unLEed and without any useful rares including implants. She does own a no-slot Creed for farming, but her storm laser works quite well. And, yes she can defend herself, and even runs attacks. This is mad because I am one of the worst PVPers on this server

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

@Okran I I don't think we need lower level rares, just weapons from epic level upwards being viable again.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast