Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    No ... but you have to blame KK.
    Fair enough, but you still shouldn't put the blame with the players!

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Thinking about the situation of runners with Red SL, I see the coming of Naked Runners hunting with fists for spiders (if that is possible for Red SL? No idea.) Why? Because a runner that cannot flee (no GR, no Venture Warp) could really be hunted down. And where would the runner get a new weapon if it dropped? And what would stop others to kill the runner again before he really manages to get his SL up?.
    What would happen is the char becomes unplayable with the player giving up, rerolling (unlikely) or leaving the game. I had always wanted to play the red SL char, against the system, yet we have now an unusable position.

NC's RP aspect would allow NCPD denying GR access to crims, yet Venture Warp is a commercial entity, and should not be concerned, especially those not within NCPD's controlling areas.

I hope only we'll have a viable alternative presented.

* Other patches changes*
    ... are welcome.

Final note: I think killing red SL should raise your SL, or killing red factions should raise your faction sympathy.

Remove GRs from apps and SL hit % spread like money between players ( very hard to implement I think), and carries over zone lines
    Last edited by zii; 06-05-13 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    Fair enough, but you still shouldn't put the blame with the players!
    Yes .. you are right in certain points BUT:

Just because the mechanic is kind of rewarding for LE'd players you don't have to abuse it do you?
    (MC5, Blocking Caves, Blocking OP Entrance, Spying players, level to WoC, take part in an event without having to actually take part, playing all the high level content without having to fear any consequences from the gameworld... AND SO ON)

I mean you could just as well get that thing out of your brain and play the game like it's meant to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    Yes .. you are right in certain points BUT:

Just because the mechanic is kind of rewarding for LE'd players you don't have to abuse it do you?
    (MC5, Blocking Caves, Blocking OP Entrance, Spying players, level to WoC, take part in an event without having to actually take part, playing all the high level content without having to fear any consequences from the gameworld... AND SO ON)

I mean you could just as well get that thing out of your brain and play the game like it's meant to be played.
    I am not talking about abusing, just the general sense. But let's not argue over that here, this is not the place.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    As already mentioned, we have just had one of the biggest events in Neocron's history (the BIGGEST afaik). The Guardian attacks Neocron and finally kills Jack Red. The epic battle between the Guardian and City Admin to take place in years and 85% of the players around had a LE in.

"Oh Hey! You are one of the TG who raids my beloved city? ....... Have fun!".

The LE is also one of the biggest game-flow killers, expect changes.

I can't count how many times I've read "Bring us back Neocron 1!!!11222" over the years but most of them shouting are NOT tough enough to play it again in my opinion.

Guys, you are spoiled from the changes made in the past: A SL system without any consequences, a "Law Enforcer" with a story but no negatives... only positives from enforced law, a weapon called "DISRUPTOR" and runspeed at an astronomical level

Please don't tell me you have become one of the players we'd call "Carebears" in NC1

Wow. I love this post. Zoltan gets edited by Triv for flaming the community.

Totally agree though. The game is infested with carebears.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Wow. I love this post. Zoltan gets edited by Triv for flaming the community.

Totally agree though. The game is infested with carebears.
    Nope just for fixing some typos
    Trivaldi <3
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

Arrow

Wow. I love this post. Zoltan gets edited by Triv for flaming the community. Totally agree though. The game is infested with carebears.
    Nope just for fixing some typos
    Trivaldi <3
    n1 //
    1. Automatic Soul Light regeneration has been disabled.
    - new one, but i think this is good. change zone sec. without patch/server down is wonderful...

idea: gm: this zone should be save!.... ah runner inside.... we talk about doy-tunnel... xD
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

As already mentioned, we have just had one of the biggest events in Neocron's history (the BIGGEST afaik). The Guardian attacks Neocron and finally kills Jack Red. The epic battle between the Guardian and City Admin to take place in years and 85% of the players around had a LE in.

I can't count how many times I've read "Bring us back Neocron 1!!!11222" over the years but most of them shouting are NOT tough enough to play it again in my opinion.

Guys, you are spoiled from the changes made in the past: A SL system without any consequences, a "Law Enforcer" with a story but no negatives... only positives from enforced law, a weapon called "DISRUPTOR" and runspeed at an astronomical level

Please don't tell me you have become one of the players we'd call "Carebears" in NC1
    This post made me hard in the trouser area.

Changes that cannot come soon enough in my opinion.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

This gives me a lot of hope.
    Zoltan's pointing out what a lot of us know as well as pointing out the fact things are being actively developed/fixed and one of the largest events just took place.

The game finally appears to be going in a specific direction after all these years and I for one am greatful, and patient to see what further changes are to follow.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Sorry, I just see unfounded trash talk to try and cover up any real defense of your patch. Neocron isn't tough, nor has it ever been. Play a game with perm death for years then come back to me. Your credentials as 'hard' are written in crayon.

There's this thing called game balance. People seem to throw it to the side when spouting realism to push their agenda. Let's push that. Law Enforcer characters are unable to harm other citizens...HOWEVER, their magical unicorn implant CANT stop others from shooting them. You're just a worthless peon in this world an as long as you're pacified they don't care what happens to you. Ever killed a corporate citizen? Gene-replicators refuse to work for you, you cannot be reassembled...ever.

Doesn't sound very fun huh?

I'm asking to please make this game harder. Just respect the fact that it's a game and it should be fun. Stop strangling different roles so people will only play how YOU think they should play. Having to travel without GR's isn't fun. It doesnt make the game 'hard', people don't have time for this shit. There is a reason why GR's were put in the game, why most MMO's have some sort of instant travel. I actually REALLY like this patch other than you guys jumping the gun on introducing the removal of the SL regeneration without putting in a proper way to get it back, and the complete removal of GR use.

I offered this compromise and i'll mention it again. Remove access to services(apts, gr's, vendors) in ALL of Neocron city. Just give us the Outzones are wastes.

Also, as for all of the people being against this patch being refered to as carebears that couldnt handle 'real' consequences, i've yet to see anyone give their support of this patch that has the merit to comment on anything relating to PvP. I've never had a hacknet character nor will I ever, and you won't see me spouting my support for any changes to it because i wouldn't know what I was talking about.

(No disrespect meant Zoltan, actually respect the work you've put in and how you've treated the community overall)

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Also, as for all of the people being against this patch being refered to as carebears that couldnt handle 'real' consequences, i've yet to see anyone give their support of this patch that has the merit to comment on anything relating to PvP.
    This has always been an issue with the forums though. There's always been very few runners (and I'd include myself till about 06-07) who pvped continually and contributed to the forums, and who haven't been banned (decreasing the niche even further). Hence the state the game is in now unfortunately.

Having to travel without GR's isn't fun
    I believe it has been mentioned that the amount of LE'd players on TITAN is not something people remember from NC1, nor are there many happy faces about the fact. Of course, there are reasons for why people choose to keep the LE implanted and if you want to make an impact here, the underlying reasons must be tackled. The perceived inbalance between benefit and malus has been discussed elsewhere, but is very much related to the recent changes.

SL is at its core a game mechanic to sanction certain hostile actions against other players in order to channel PvP away from Quake Deathmatch and towards RPG compatible scenarios and areas where all parties involved can enjoy this integral part of the game (while at the same time not taking away the possibility to exercise ultimate freedom and kill whomever you like wherever you like).

If I understand you correctly, you are complaining that strong -SL will have a negative impact on your play style and fun in the game.
    Consider why SL exists in the first place and why making SL count again will also mean an increase in fun for other people (those getting ganked while talking to a trader in P3 or leveling up in a designated leveling area). I would say it is only fair to counterbalance this.

Again, people can continue to play any style they like and still get away with being a sociopathic criminal who does not give a shit about anyone or any rules, you will have to live with the negative consequences though. A strong -SL must have an impact on your enjoyment at some stage, else its practical use as an instrument of sanction is rendered obsolete.

If you think thats "unfounded trash talk", please take a look at the current SL ruleset and try to pin point where exactly you think you *must* break the SL enforced PvP rules (and thus face -SL) to enjoy the game (I assume it is not simply a matter of wanting to gank anyone/anytime/anywhere _without_ consequences - but if that is the case, tough luck).
    Last edited by Mokoi; 07-05-13 at 00:48.

R#183 patchnotes will be added once we got some sleep, this patch was mainly focussed on the storyline.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

I personally think this patch was much needed and think there should be a reward for removal of LE. (Beyond just the extra chip slot, there needs to be a reason for people to remove it before cap. Something worthwhile which cannot be attained nor used by LE players, like better weapons or armor with a non-LE requirement, or reduced armor/weapons with LE only requirement.)

About PvP... Previously I have not done a lot of PvPing and I am not happy with doing it still. Mainly this is because of latency issues and the way the game calculates damage. In essence, the game comes down to a) who's reticule closes fastest and b) who has the faster connection. In saying that, being a tank you will have to be much more "twitchy" to close that reticule than a spy, which is why there are so many spy's out there in PvP. So those of us who prefer the ability to take a few more hits and use what should be harder hitting weapons are penalized by not being able to close our aiming reticule as fast as well as being slower with a weapon out. On top of that, the weapons don't hit harder than the Disruptors and such the rifle spy is using, thus making the tank a very difficult PvP toon, even when you spec the hell out of speed. Perhaps something should be done about these matters before going about trying to force everyone to pull the LE so they can be slaughtered while attempting to level, which is what happens more often than not for those of us who pull the LE early.

While we're at it, how about we be a bit more pro-active about the players who are blatantly using aimbots and other hacks, some of which have been seen by many to kill the Genotoxic Nightmare in 1-2 hits and prevent it from spawning entirely. Personally, I think the hackers should be the top priority, followed VERY closely by game balance issues.

There's my 2NC worth. If you feel the need to flame rather than comment, please do it in a PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast