Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    lol LE nerf to satiate the people crying about the red SL nerf Things are certainly moving
    The le nerf is long overdue. I'm glad it got implemented.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Agreed.

I also like the copbot changes, moving PVP to the pepper park areas and all.

Automatic SL regeneration should not be completly disabled though. What about the people who actually kill friendly people by accident or defend themselves? Why not activate it at the threshold of -31 SL or higher like for the rest of the SL related changes or from 0 SL on?

Im willing to wait for the mission changes though!

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    Agreed.

I also like the copbot changes, moving PVP to the pepper park areas and all.

Automatic SL regeneration should not be completly disabled though. What about the people who actually kill friendly people by accident or defend themselves? Why not activate it at the threshold of -31 SL or higher like for the rest of the SL related changes or from 0 SL on?

Im willing to wait for the mission changes though!
    To be fair, the regeneration below -31 is nearly non-existent anyways. Any time i'd go really low I'd hit -31 then idle the rest, because screw 3 mission per 1 sl.

I'm a little concerned about the balance changes that have been implemented... I know players think the burst rifles are op at the moment, but is the combat situation in a state where devs understand it enough to change it? IF it is then you can ignore me, but if not then aren't you piling more stuff on top of a system that's already totally unpredictable and unstable?
    http://www.synth-soft.com/ - NC Implant Calculator
    {{{{{{{{{{OHM}}}}}}}}}}

tanks sind imba ;P

i like this 183!

i hoped PVP would move to pp3 because it is much more open. the door at the entrance of club veronique will take a lot of lives i guess, thats a bit unfortunate

CS sound change is totally random in my opinion. to me it does not match the visuals of green plasma flying around but who knows what that sounds like anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Herrad
    IF it is then you can ignore me, but if not then aren't you piling more stuff on top of a system that's already totally unpredictable and unstable?
    somewhere the DEVs mentioned something like they want to fix very broken things right away but they are also working on a healthy basis or something like that. it was more of a hotfix kind of balance patch i think, less an attempt in really really balancing things out. on the neocast interveiw trivaldi mentioned that there are people who cover the hole PVP aspect because they know about it, while he is more the RP guy. so there must be DEVs who PVP frequently and know whats up.

i have no concern in this regard whatsoever. i just hope no one of them like meele tanks because i hate meele tanks and i dont want to see them get buffed and the 10% less malus thing already boils my blood ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Herrad View Post
    I'm a little concerned about the balance changes that have been implemented... I know players think the burst rifles are op at the moment, but is the combat situation in a state where devs understand it enough to change it? IF it is then you can ignore me, but if not then aren't you piling more stuff on top of a system that's already totally unpredictable and unstable?

As Alduin mentioned before, the greater scheme of balance is currently subject to a redesign and the policy has been to not treat game balance with the "sticky tape powered patchwork" that many areas of the game still suffer from today.
    So far, very few exceptions were made when it comes to changing balance before the "balancing project" ships. This particular adjustment was conducted only after a thorough investigation of how and why the targeted rifles were too strong.
    No kittens were harmed in the process, no need to worry.

I like the changes of 182 and 183!
    Disruptor is always a good weapon with good damage and I have always fun with it.
    Doesn't know how the ak feels now I'm more in love with the reaper-style.

It's good to see that the CA has strengthened the inner security and I hope they push the bad guys back in the pepper park.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

I love the last patch(es)!

The LE change.. - I'm glad it got implemented.
    And the Disruptor nerf was great
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    As Alduin mentioned before, the greater scheme of balance is currently subject to a redesign and the policy has been to not treat game balance with the "sticky tape powered patchwork" that many areas of the game still suffer from today.
    So far, very few exceptions were made when it comes to changing balance before the "balancing project" ships. This particular adjustment was conducted only after a thorough investigation of how and why the targeted rifles were too strong.
    No kittens were harmed in the process, no need to worry.
    So long as the small hacks like this are being take note of then I can relax a bit.

I'm scared of the words "the balancing project" - if it's just a patch that will help make weapons easy to change but doesn't do anything, fine. If it's gonna change groups of weapons at a time (reminiscent of the way it was done in 2.2) then I'm back to being scared again.
    http://www.synth-soft.com/ - NC Implant Calculator
    {{{{{{{{{{OHM}}}}}}}}}}

I don't mind it one way or the other

I don't mind it one way or the other
    well i hope to see more people remove it and get on with nc properly. form new clans and do more in the game rather than live in the protective bubble it provided. it should mean more interaction between players and less assholes blocking spawns etc abusing it. also more fights in pepper park etc. always a good thing.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

well i hope to see more people remove it and get on with nc properly. form new clans and do more in the game rather than live in the protective bubble it provided. it should mean more interaction between players and less assholes blocking spawns etc abusing it. also more fights in pepper park etc. always a good thing.
    Well caves shouldnt be able to be blocked by anyone now with the GM's being able to set automatic zone resets. The fact that there are now harsh SL rules should help to encourage people to remove their LE's but I can't really see this having all that much impact on LE'd people. LE's keep the LE in because they don't want to be bothered by un'LE's.

I do like the direction things are going though, I just hope it doesn't hurt the population too much.

I do like the direction things are going though, I just hope it doesn't hurt the population too much.
    current server population -1

As i said in ooc i cba nowadays to invest more time into lvling leaving le in, nor can i be arsed taking it out dealing with pkers every hour and invest time to replace things or get imped up.
    Its not 2003 and i dont have the same amount of free-time as i had then.
    In fact, ive always been someone who took LEs out very early, also on Terra, but i said from the start, cba to do that on Titan.
    So im gonna be seen a lot less if even after all, and if surely not for lvling, cuz my RL freetime is just too precious for me to waste it under these conditions. And with this last patch my priorities have shifted so far that neocron is the redundant game now.
    Im currently on vacation and had planned to cap my chars, but guess what...cba...im out.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ulx View Post
    current server population -1
    [... don't want to use more time than before while leveling ...]
    Really? While we are havng double XP running, meaning its still 1.5 times XP at least even if you are /60 already? Which is the final point where the highest penalty is applied.
    And while we still don't know if after that its normal XP and a malus compared to before for LEs or if the XP generally is boosted a bit and its a bonus to Non LEd ones?
    Sounds to me like you wanted to quit anyway.

And to the patch: I think the penalty might be a bit harsh in size. But, as said before and above, it also depends on how much of that is a penalty, and if there is a bonus.
    Also I think its quite interesting to have the highest penalty mostly when you are leveling towards WOC. And the first levels are unobstructed.
    And its a incentive to take out the LE that gets stronger the higher you get.
    So all in all I think its harsh partly, but the steering effect seems to go in a good direction.
    The only thing I am missing at the moment is the starting percentage of XP loss / Money loss, and if its a linear progression to the maximum, or something else.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Noob HC GenTank buddhistsoldier's Avatar

I dont mind the patch, the reduced money/xp gains forced me to remove my LE, as slow as I am usually, it would take another month to cap str(5 friggin levels)

I am now a proud member of the non LE side of things and enjoy my money and xp gains

even joined a clan lol

I do wonder one thing though, according to the patch notes, the lowered cash gains were a "tax" to pay for the increased security, since so many of us have dropped the LE, does that mean security will suffer? o.0

could lead into another invasion style event.... would be fun

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast