Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tank survivalability

What about give APU's back the anti's and give the PPU's a new spell for Tank's only(maybe Apu's), wich create a shield to absorb xxx dmg or only less dmg for a short time.

There is no fun for Tank's in any op fight cause u cant stealth like Spy's or Pe's. Apu's also are useless without sync but if they have the antis back every op fight team need apu's to kill the rezzing Ppu's.

What u guys think? Would it stop the 5 Ppu's / 5 Spy's armys?

Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Silver View Post
    What about give APU's back the anti's and give the PPU's a new spell for Tank's only(maybe Apu's), wich create a shield to absorb xxx dmg or only less dmg for a short time.

There is no fun for Tank's in any op fight cause u cant stealth like Spy's or Pe's. Apu's also are useless without sync but if they have the antis back every op fight team need apu's to kill the rezzing Ppu's.

What u guys think? Would it stop the 5 Ppu's / 5 Spy's armys?

Any other ideas?
    sorry but WHAT? what has giving apu's antis back anything to do with tank survivability???

all u need to do is read my post ppu's have way to much spells for only 10 slots and full anti will use 90% of ur psi. u rly want to give a ppu more spells to use? give them more it wouldn't be a spy army... it would be a ppu army. btw. in my opinion ur flaming.
    i didnt start this thread to talk about the thread name!

I disagree to implement (a) new spell(s). First of all the existing weapons and spell need to be fixed. If you implement an new spell in this game the possibility could be very high that the balancing at the moment get more worse as now.
    I think there was a thread some month before that a application will be programmed to balance the weapons which makes nc more enjoyable as at the moment. The temporary first step is the damage reduction of the dissi and car-47 with the coming patch. I think nobody disagree that the damage of the dissi can't stay on the value as now.
    Don't forget the message of the developers before a few month: the main point is to fix all great issues in the game before implementing new content. NC need to get on a stable state. At the moment it's not the case in all points but the devs that are working on the game now did more in the last month than the devs of Reaktor in the last 6 years.
    It's very nice to see that a lot of people have interesting ideas. That's really cool, please don't misunderstand me.
    But at the moment it's better that the network issues and anything else get fixed.

all u need to do is read my post ppu's have way to much spells for only 10 slots and full anti will use 90% of ur psi. u rly want to give a ppu more spells to use? give them more it wouldn't be a spy army... it would be a ppu army. btw. in my opinion ur flaming.
    i didnt start this thread to talk about the thread name!
    i still don't get what this has to do with tanks?

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

One step towards this would be to fix certain implants like the MOVEON CPU. Also, fixing beam weapons would go a long way.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    One step towards this would be to fix certain implants like the MOVEON CPU. Also, fixing beam weapons would go a long way.
    Neither of those would help with tank survivability..

Tanks has plenty of viable implants as it is (Although ofc, more is always better).

And How on earth would fixing beam weapons help with this?
    Tanks do not have any problems doing damage.. They have problems surviving, because resists doesnt help much and because they cant run away anymore.

If beam weapons were fixed they would be massivly overpowered aswell.. Especially a weapon like HL.. That thing does insane amounts of damage atm..
    The only reason why 99% of the spies doesnt use that, is that it only registers damage like 10% of the time..
    And I remember back when Creed worked... Every single tank was using Creed back then.. Not much fun IMO.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    sorry but WHAT? what has giving apu's antis back anything to do with tank survivability???
    Easier targets or fragmeat which gives the tanks a bit more time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Tanks do not have any problems doing damage.. They have problems surviving, because resists doesnt help much and because they cant run away anymore.
    This! Maybe tune overall damage down a bit? And increase damage of certain weapons, thinking of some pistols like Wyatt Earp and many more, but this is true for most weapons from all weapon categories.

i still don't get what this has to do with tanks?
    not sure ur trolling or sirious. one more time: take some spells from ppu and give them back to apus. now u can give the ppu one new spell. if u dont give the apu the antis back the ppu will have way to many spells. but ok now the ppu lose very much anti spells (heal,bue,full...)

>>>!!!now he can handle one more spell wich u only can cast on tanks to give them 30% damage reduce for a short time or a shield to absorb 200 dmg to give a tank more suvivalability in op fights.!!!<<<

hope u get it now

not sure ur trolling or sirious. one more time: take some spells from ppu and give them back to apus. now u can give the ppu one new spell. if u dont give the apu the antis back the ppu will have way to many spells. but ok now the ppu lose very much anti spells (heal,bue,full...)

>>>!!!now he can handle one more spell wich u only can cast on tanks to give them 30% damage reduce for a short time or a shield to absorb 200 dmg to give a tank more suvivalability in op fights.!!!<<<

hope u get it now

if the tank gets focussed in an op fight he gets focussed. All he can do is run and gun and hope his own movement ability is good enough to break his opponents lock on him. he has no other weapons but that of his own con setup and the blind faith he has to have in his ppu(s) and their ability to keep him up with a timely heal etc and rebuff. He also has his own player skill to not lose it under pressure and find the person(s) who are focussing him and try and get them before they get him. or he can put away his weapon and run like a headless chicken hoping to survive that way.

If the tank has a good set up and he has good fighters in support of him then he does not need the "Holy Shield of Damageblocking 2.0" cast on him.

This thread really doesnt make any valid suggestion for improvement of the game therefore in my opinion. It reads more as " I play a tank and i dont like dying at op fights so I need some extra goodies to help me stay on my feet as 2 ppus arent doing it for me "

sorry but thats how im reading it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    if the tank gets focussed in an op fight he gets focussed. All he can do is run and gun and hope his own movement ability is good enough to break his opponents lock on him. he has no other weapons but that of his own con setup and the blind faith he has to have in his ppu(s) and their ability to keep him up with a timely heal etc and rebuff. He also has his own player skill to not lose it under pressure and find the person(s) who are focussing him and try and get them before they get him. or he can put away his weapon and run like a headless chicken hoping to survive that way.

If the tank has a good set up and he has good fighters in support of him then he does not need the "Holy Shield of Damageblocking 2.0" cast on him.

This thread really doesnt make any valid suggestion for improvement of the game therefore in my opinion. It reads more as " I play a tank and i dont like dying at op fights so I need some extra goodies to help me stay on my feet as 2 ppus arent doing it for me "

sorry but thats how im reading it.

so ur fine with tanks? u still want to play ppu+spy army?
    show me a tank who will alive by movement if hes getting focused by only 2 casual damagedealer.
    i think u had no op fight for a long time with underground its ok. just sync if the nuke u down but without underground there is no reason to play a tank cause spys and pes have undergrounds in their belts. WUSH STEALTH... later ^^

so you would change the ppu to give the tank more survivability and for that you need to change the apu. i don't think this has any impact on tanks thb. if you want to change a classes' survivability you need to look at the class on it's own imho.

i'd propose something entirely different that could change melee as well:

a type of shield that needs to be activated just like the stealth tool. it will generate a force field that absorbs damage based on your BASE resists and also absorbs more the closer you are to the point of origin to the damage. while at long range its effectiveness dwindles. this would give melee a much required boost in survivability. those should also be buyable and there also should be a rare version similar to the obliterator.
    Last edited by eNTi; 04-05-13 at 10:46.

a balancing proposal relying on the current balancing with overpowered dissy and AK isn't really valid isn't it ?

Lets fix the dissy first and have a look if it will work for tanks or not.

a type of shield that needs to be activated just like the stealth tool. it will generate a force field that absorbs damage based on your BASE resists and also absorbs more the closer you are to the point of origin to the damage. while at long range its effectiveness dwindles. this would give melee a much required boost in survivability. those should also be buyable and there also should be a rare version similar to the obliterator.
    Basically a nanite implant tool that lessens all damage by 10-20% or absorbs 200-300 of the next damage taken (or whatever seems right) and only available to tanks... job done with no pissing around with any other class. Penalty being you can only use it once every min or something and reduces your aiming by a ton while the effect lasts or something like that to effect. Remember you cant shoot in stealth so tanks shouldn't get a free ride.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    a balancing proposal relying on the current balancing with overpowered dissy and AK isn't really valid isn't it ?

Lets fix the dissy first and have a look if it will work for tanks or not.
    This..

If anything like eNTi proposed, was put in game, tanks would by far be the most powerfull 1vs1 class.. As it is, it is already a VERY powerfull class for 1vs1 fights.. Yes, it is not ALL about opfights..
    That is why I do NOT envy the volunteers, when it comes to balancing..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast