Cool Adjust 1st person camera height

Instead of it being spouted around in-game and through several threads, I guess nothing is officially requested until it has it's own thread.

Can we please move the 1st person camera up so that it matches the face height instead of the rib cage height it has now?

I would love to use first person view more often, but not while it feels like I'm crouching all the time

Let's get people to sign this!

I've noticed this also effects where your crosshair is, and therefore where you are aiming while you switch between views. For example you could be using a barrel within 1st person view, change to 3rd person (without moving your crosshair yourself) and you will then be aiming lower then you think and might end up barreling closer and hit yourself.

/signed

Agreed. Can we also adjust it so that the third-person camera doesn't move down so far, when crouching, that the body eclipses the crosshair?

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    Agreed. Can we also adjust it so that the third-person camera doesn't move down so far, when crouching, that the body eclipses the crosshair?
    no, because this doesn't belong in this thread and because we want the crosshair gone from 3rd person altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    no, because this doesn't belong in this thread and because I want the crosshair gone from 3rd person altogether.
    Oh yea i guess this will be regarded as spam but just have to make a slight adjustment there.

on and ontopic,
    signed.

/signed for OP
    Titan: Da Saints (APU) / Da-Saints (RC Spy)

signed!

For me it always seemed like a bug.

In FPSes like counter-strike, because the crosshair is exactly at eye-level, it actually means that you can for example, stand behind a box that is BARELY shorter than eye level, and only have your forehead sticking out over the box, and still magically "shoot through the box" at anyone on the other side. Of course, you are not really shooting through the box, what's happening in game-world space is the trajectory of your bullets actually come from your character's eyes, which can be a little unfair. In Neocron, it means that someone using a laser-type gun (one that just needs lock on, and that's it -- the projectiles won't be blocked by a wall or something) could sneakily snipe over a short wall with only their head revealed. However, I really don't think this would be a problem in Neocron. The advantages of shooting from cover are not as.. well, advantageous, in this game. What I mean is, you can't one-shot people with headshots by sniping from behind a box like in counterstrike.

So, I support the idea. It would also add a lot of immersion to the game since it'd feel more realistic.

Crouched camera height would need to be checked, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo View Post
    In FPSes like counter-strike, because the crosshair is exactly at eye-level, it actually means that you can for example, stand behind a box that is BARELY shorter than eye level, and only have your forehead sticking out over the box, and still magically "shoot through the box" at anyone on the other side. Of course, you are not really shooting through the box, what's happening in game-world space is the trajectory of your bullets actually come from your character's eyes, which can be a little unfair. In Neocron, it means that someone using a laser-type gun (one that just needs lock on, and that's it -- the projectiles won't be blocked by a wall or something) could sneakily snipe over a short wall with only their head revealed. However, I really don't think this would be a problem in Neocron. The advantages of shooting from cover are not as.. well, advantageous, in this game. What I mean is, you can't one-shot people with headshots by sniping from behind a box like in counterstrike.

So, I support the idea. It would also add a lot of immersion to the game since it'd feel more realistic.

Crouched camera height would need to be checked, too.
    Don't forget that 3rd person camera height is even higher (meaning you could target stuff from even higher up), so I wouldn't see a problem anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    Don't forget that 3rd person camera height is even higher (meaning you could target stuff from even higher up), so I wouldn't see a problem anyway :P
    Ah!! I was a little worried (and when I say little I really mean only VERY LITTLE) worried that people would be able to target players over walls and hit them "unfairly", and then I realized it would be even worse for spells, because the psi spells don't need line of sight - they won't be blocked by a wall .. but your point about 3rd person cam being even higher nullifies all that since you are right, if someone wanted to do that, they'd be in 3rd person. Good point. Still signed..! lol.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...-camera-height Although people were seemingly asleep at that point

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe View Post
    http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...-camera-height Although people were seemingly asleep at that point
    Sorry Phunqe, I should have seen that post too before I created another. But here by bumped again to the top