Default [Discussion] New APU Spell: AOE blast surrounding the caster

I would like to open a discussion forum in regard to a new spell for the APU.

Do you think that there would be room in Neocron for a spell cast by the APU that could blast AOE damage around the caster opposed to a special area targeted by the caster?

Example points to think about;

1. Would it have cast time and how long? It would make a nice instant blast I think
    2. How much PSI pool would it use?
    3. Tech Levels or just an end-game rare?

I love this idea, it should be relatively powerful, and should deal damage to the APU also, almost like a last resort.

Would it have cast time and how long? It would make a nice instant blast I think

I think 1-2 second cast

How much PSI pool would it use?

A significant amount

Tech Levels or just an end-game rare?

End game rare.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    I would like to open a discussion forum in regard to a new spell for the APU.

Do you think that there would be room in Neocron for a spell cast by the APU that could blast AOE damage around the caster opposed to a special area targeted by the caster?

Example points to think about;

1. Would it have cast time and how long? It would make a nice instant blast I think
    2. How much PSI pool would it use?
    3. Tech Levels or just an end-game rare?
    As spells are cast out of the glove rather than the caster themselves i dont know how you could project a blast from your body. Outside of maybe a morter style explosion you are aiming at the ground next to you like a barrel. And of course you already have a barrel you can do this with.

Have it take a good few seconds to cast and have it so the APU can't move once the cast has started. Give people a second to get away if they notice it lol

If it damages the APU and he has to be within melee range to damage someone though.... tactically speaking what is the point?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Well, the barrel is an ongoing area of effect spell, that blast wave would be a singular attack. I think the blast wave could in so far be helpfull that it knocks back enemies or just about everyone in melee range, which would be far shorter then the barrel field, and without damaging the caster, unlike the barrel.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    As spells are cast out of the glove rather than the caster themselves i dont know how you could project a blast from your body. Outside of maybe a morter style explosion you are aiming at the ground next to you like a barrel. And of course you already have a barrel you can do this with.
    PPU spells cast a forcefield around the target that protects them. I'm sure you could cast a forcefield that outputs damage by a overload of some kind or something. While the original energy sources from the glove, the damage output doesn't have to immediately.

I'm just putting this up here for people to give their idea on this so that maybe the crew gets inspired. Either way this goes is good

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Well, the barrel is an ongoing area of effect spell, that blast wave would be a singular attack. I think the blast wave could in so far be helpfull that it knocks back enemies or just about everyone in melee range, which would be far shorter then the barrel field, and without damaging the caster, unlike the barrel.
    Something like Multi Lightning Bolt does instant AOE around its target, even if the target is the ground under your feet.

A knockback effect could be fun for a bit, but likely chance it would have to be a large enough knockback to make a difference, unlike getting hit by a CS or pumpgun, and if that is the case people would chain knockbacks to force people away from belts they are hacking or consoles in ops.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    PPU spells cast a forcefield around the target that protects them. I'm sure you could cast a forcefield that outputs damage by a overload of some kind or something. While the original energy sources from the glove, the damage output doesn't have to immediately.

I'm just putting this up here for people to give their idea on this so that maybe the crew gets inspired. Either way this goes is good
    I see your point here, not all psi spells are directed because of self buffing heals and forcefields.

I don't know what to make of this.

On one side it would be cool if there are some more spells with effects which are different to the current available spells. But I havent really an idea what kind of effect are good and doesnt obstructive for the pvp.

A knock back spell is a bad idea for me. But some kind of apu spell which makes aoe and doesnt hit the apu himself would be cool.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

This reminds me of the warlock spell in wow. Hellfire maybe. I don't think it has a place in neocron. No one in this game gives a shit about dps meters.

However. The core concept I do agree with and that is more spells for the APU to use.

It's not my place to derail this thread without silent commenting first though.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Don't eat that yellow snow

This is an old idea that dates back to the first 3D MMORPGs like Everquest (Went live around 1999). In Everquest the wizard class had few AoE spells that were centered on the caster that did some respectable dmg. The enchanter class had similar AoE stun spells. Combine those with a healer and a tank and you got what was called an AoE farming group