Default [Discussion] New PPU Spell: Instant Heal

I would like to open a discussion forum in regard to a new spell for the PPU.

Do you think that there would be room in Neocron for a spell cast by the PPU that could instantly replenish health?

Example points to think about;

1. Would it have cast time and how long?
    2. How much PSI pool would it use?
    3. Tech Levels or just an end-game rare?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    I would like to open a discussion forum in regard to a new spell for the PPU.

Do you think that there would be room in Neocron for a spell cast by the PPU that could instantly replenish health?

Example points to think about;

1. Would it have cast time and how long?
    2. How much PSI pool would it use?
    3. Tech Levels or just an end-game rare?
    on which slot should i put it? i'm running around with more spells in my inventory than i got on my belt. also, what would be the purpose of this spell, that the current heal does not cover?

There is a huge difference between heal-over-time and instant spells.

You should be able to think of advantages yourself

At some points your HoT may not cover all the damage, so you an extra boost would be nice.

On a side note: Any issues you have your with quick-belt should not be taken into consideration when thinking of new content. Instead it should be an issue addressed on its own.

i've played a raid healer in wow and i can't see the point of an instant heal in neocron.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i've played a raid healer in wow and i can't see the point of an instant heal in neocron.
    Means you could have someone focus instant heals on everyone, while someone else is just throwing hots to keep peoples general hp up.
    OR
    If the 2 types of heal dont stack it would allow you to repeatedly instant heal vunerable targets such as people hacking the console at an op rather than a smaller drip-feed hot.

This would need to have a long cast time and take a large amount of PSI pool something equivalent to the holy unprotector. Otherwise this could get out of hand. Just another thing for the PPU to do though, give APU the debuff back first.

Would need to be stood still to cast it too (probably goes without saying after reading Faid's suggestion).
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    This would need to have a long cast time and take a large amount of PSI pool something equivalent to the holy unprotector. Otherwise this could get out of hand. Just another thing for the PPU to do though, give APU the debuff back first.
    Totally agree with you! How about the APU getting an interrupt spell that could stop the spell from being cast ;-) That could be another thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Would need to be stood still to cast it too (probably goes without saying after reading Faid's suggestion).
    I like it!

Yeah, while I don't necessarily think it should or shouldn't be added, I understand the idea. The point is you have a heal-over-time, vs an instant heal. Using a simple example, if they both heal for 100 hp and have all the same stats (pool cost, cast time), then obviously the instant heal is better.

I am sure the OP was getting at the possibility of: instant heal effect, but less overall HP restored. Ex: TL-M heal-over-time heals you for 200. TL-M instant-heal heals you for 80.

So, why would you ever want the instant-heal in the above scenario, if the same TL heal-over-time heals for more total points? Because it's instant. If you are at 20 hp and slowly dying, would you rather have a heal-over-time cast on your or an instant heal?

I'm on the fence of the actual inclusion of it, but that^ is the general idea, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo View Post
    right?
    Right!

Interesting idea. Could be that it makes the ppu harder to play for some.

Ps. Raid heals in wow. Lol. Really. Different game different mechanics etc. Apple's and spanners have more in common.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Interesting idea. Could be that it makes the ppu harder to play for some.

Ps. Raid heals in wow. Lol. Really. Different game different mechanics etc. Apple's and spanners have more in common.
    WoW is commonly used as a point regardless of MMO as a comparison because many people are familiar with it, and those who aren't can quickly find out if they wanted to.

So anyway as I said before, would it stack with, overwrite or not be able to be cast on someone with the Heal Over Time on them.