x2 bad idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The resurrection of Sentinel is upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink View Post
    Simple maths dude.

You get 10 rare parts, you res 10 rare parts for the sake of argument you get 5 rare's that people use (cs, rav,creed,dissy,SH) and 5 rare parts that nobody uses (summer leech, oblit, drone parts)

You trade/sell/construct with the parts that people use which takes you down to 0 used rares and you still have 5 dross rares.
    that doesn't explain why you are left with a lot of parts of one specific item, that everybody uses. and why many people sit on the same parts. by your logic you must be able to build almost all (used) rare items by simply trading for the other parts. if everyone got another distribution in drop chances or in fact if everyone got almost the same distribution on all parts, a few parts traded here and there will leave you with no to very little spares. but that's imply not the case.

So to clarify your not talking about the actual type of rare itself (i.e which weapon/imp it is) but your saying that the chance of a HP,FP,TP,CP,OP and ATP if relevant is biased?

And you've reached this by looking at peoples distribution (i.e...)

Item TL Tech Hull Frame Core Comp

Ray of God 98 4 0 2 3 4

from a dude with 1k rares

Ray of God 98 6 4 2 10 21

from a dude with 2k rares.

That's your point?

I'd say that's the point everyone is after. How biased a rare compared to another rare is is very difficult to track, since, as stated correctly, you trade and built. So TH won't have any good numbers on those. But the parts of one rare are different. Let's look at rares that are very suitable for such an analysis: Melee weapons. Nobody really trades those parts and they are hardly built. Looking on the rare list of my clan the Peacemaker looks like this:
    15 100 12 22 21
    We've built one or two, but never traded parts in or out.
    Let's look at some other rarepools, same weapon.
    6 22 3 4 7
    9 10 3 3 3
    27 201 42 31 62
    6 102 15 7 19

So probability is a bitch and it only says something if you tried infinite times, But as it seems the HP of the Peacemaker is somewhat not equally distributed among those parts. So even if it's intended to be random, even if it seems to be implemented to be random, the figures imply, that it may be not that random as it should be.
    And now to the interesting part, if it happens with the peacemaker, what about the other rares?
    ‘Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.’

how about salvage rares to get a certain one?

take 1x Tech, Hull, Frame, Core, Comp from the Judge and get the Add.Tech. Make up some recipes or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink View Post
    So to clarify your not talking about the actual type of rare itself (i.e which weapon/imp it is) but your saying that the chance of a HP,FP,TP,CP,OP and ATP if relevant is biased?

And you've reached this by looking at peoples distribution (i.e...)

Ray of God 98 4 0 2 3 4

from a dude with 1k rares

Ray of God 98 6 4 2 10 21

from a dude with 2k rares.

That's your point?
    yes. so have we got our wires crossed (i looked that on up on leo!) the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Pallazzo View Post
    how about salvage rares to get a certain one?

take 1x Tech, Hull, Frame, Core, Comp from the Judge and get the Add.Tech. Make up some recipes or something like that
    uuuuh i like this idea. but it would have to be (mostly) random and the salvage skill required should follow the same principle as other trade skills. this could be a real killer. people would feed their rare parts to the slot machine and high level salvaging would see an advent. there could even be hidden factors, like if you combine atp of creed + tp of holy thunderstorm you are more likely to get the hull of cs or something. weird recipes like that. i'd love that!
    Last edited by eNTi; 04-05-13 at 10:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogor View Post
    I'd say that's the point everyone is after. How biased a rare compared to another rare is is very difficult to track, since, as stated correctly, you trade and built. So TH won't have any good numbers on those. But the parts of one rare are different. Let's look at rares that are very suitable for such an analysis: Melee weapons. Nobody really trades those parts and they are hardly built. Looking on the rare list of my clan the Peacemaker looks like this:
    15 100 12 22 21
    We've built one or two, but never traded parts in or out.
    Let's look at some other rarepools, same weapon.
    6 22 3 4 7
    9 10 3 3 3
    27 201 42 31 62
    6 102 15 7 19

So probability is a bitch and it only says something if you tried infinite times, But as it seems the HP of the Peacemaker is somewhat not equally distributed among those parts. So even if it's intended to be random, even if it seems to be implemented to be random, the figures imply, that it may be not that random as it should be.
    And now to the interesting part, if it happens with the peacemaker, what about the other rares?
    I took a quick look at probability on this yesterday but there are some bits of info I don't know to work it properly, if for the sake of argument we pretend all rares parts come from the same type of rare (they don't but it makes the maths easy) the odds of getting any one part would be 1 out of 416 (or 0.24% if you prefer percentages) as there are 416 different rare parts in total.

Its not that simple though as we have L T and E rare parts and you can only get certain pieces from a certain type so i'd need to work out in total how many L parts there and T parts and so on unless somebody happens to have that to hand

If more guns were made viable more rares would be in demand.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123