Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    This on the other hand would flood the market with an influx of cheap high end weapons. already rarely used weapons would never see any form of usage any more. this would make the current balancing issues even worse.
    No surely it would bring more balance as everyone would be using the same things as everyone would have plenty of access to everything. The trouble would be that it would lead the game in to a situation like in WoW that everyone looks the same and has all the same stuff because its 'Best'. This would of course allow the devs to tweek other weapons though until such time as people see a point in using these other weapons that they currently don't use. Though of course theorycrafters are a bit rare in this game, a few people work out optimal setups and things like. "If I have gun X in slot 1, gun Y in 2, and Z in 3. Then I can fire X number of shots and manually reload 2 of the 3 of them to maximise my damage on people and only have to stop for 1-2 seconds max. Rather than reload for 1.5seconds on each gun."

blizzard thought the auction house was a good idea, because since people are hunters and gatherers they will go and hunt instead of collecting cash from vase drops, right? wrong... and that should make clear why this is not a good idea. it would simply make some rare parts, that are actually meant to be rarer than others, easily obtainable. this on the other hand would flood the market with an influx of cheap high end weapons. already rarely used weapons would never see any form of usage any more. this would make the current balancing issues even worse.
    Ewww WoW example.

Okay now that's done, in WoW if you wanted to compete in PvP they made it incredibly easy to do so by grinding battlefields for honor and then using that honor to buy PvP gear (the purples with the resilience) since without that PvP gear you would get 1 shot by the first person you met and then they added in another grind which was the arena which again you needed PvP gear to compete but you already had that from grinding battlefields so while someone in arena gear had an advantage you still stood a chance (unlike the poor dude with no resilience who got critted for his entire health).

You knew the price and you could work out how many you need to do to reach a target and then actually do what you wanted to do.

In NC if you want a rare weapon to compete (I'm yet to see any challenges for store brought fights - when I played before peeps would boast how they could beat someone using inferior gear and for bragging rights they would actually go do that) in PvP then you need to find the parts which could take anything from 5/6 WB kills and you being incredibly lucky to months worth of grinding if you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink View Post
    Ewww WoW example.
    actually, i was referring to diablo 3 and their self inflicted RMAH.

the auction house wasn't new to diablo 3. The only thing new about it was that you could use real money to buy stuff ingame from other players via the auction system was my understanding of it (not played diablo 3 so I might be wrong but that's what I read about it)

The original idea is for NC money to be used not real money (i.e like the WoW auction system when I played)

Hmm im not quite fine with the idea. Also think about it with increasing the rarepartvalues on 1m. Means in reverse they can be sold for 1/10 of the price at YOs or even the trader who sells them.

Jokerparts would be fine. =)
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Fluctuation in prices whilst appealing sounds complicated to code. Id rather stick to set prices.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I like the fact that some parts are rarer than others. However I don't like just how rare they are or the fact it clogs the database with useless parts.

My suggestion would be to increase the chance of those rarer parts to around 50% of the others for an item and increase the value of parts at Yo's, so unwanted parts could be sold off at a reasonable price (though that of course would be the opposite of a cash sink, but then there are so many avenues for cash sinks left unexplored).

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    I like the fact that some parts are rarer than others. However I don't like just how rare they are or the fact it clogs the database with useless parts.

My suggestion would be to increase the chance of those rarer parts to around 50% of the others for an item and increase the value of parts at Yo's, so unwanted parts could be sold off at a reasonable price (though that of course would be the opposite of a cash sink, but then there are so many avenues for cash sinks left unexplored).

This is the entire reason why I DO NOT like the current system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    your the only person who does.

besides. its all random. there is not a specific rare in each batch that is more rare than others. its ALL random apparently.....
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    your the only person who does.

besides. its all random. there is not a specific rare in each batch that is more rare than others. its ALL random apparently.....
    he's not the only person and he's also right in this respect. based on my own observation and comparisons of the rare lists on th.org of some of the people who got a lot more than me (14k from zarten's for example) i conclude a certain distribution of the probabilities. if you look in the trade channel, people will always ask to trade for the same parts of specific items as well.

Stealth Wipe Victim

The big problem I can see is a xx/40 droner can make millions in El Farid in a single night. You make me farm and trade for rares, getting to the end game where I have all the equipment I need takes a while. You let me buy them, then rather than hunt rares, I'm going to farm El Farid for a week and buy everything I need in one go.

In NC1 I farmed Warbots for months with my APU. I got everything I needed and what I had left funded everything I wanted for the rest of my time playing. I'm aware that drops are lower now, but there are people achieving this still.

Adding a cash sink is fair enough, but not at the cost of a time sink! People want more endgame content to keep interest in the game after cap, yet this would cause them to get to that endgame point faster.

The main point seems to be that 1 part is a lot harder to get than the rest. If that is the case, even out the drops and the reason for this goes away. I know people say the official stance has always been that the drops are all the same chance, but if statistics prove otherwise, then maybe there is a bug that needs addressing.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

he's not the only person and he's also right in this respect. based on my own observation and comparisons of the rare lists on th.org of some of the people who got a lot more than me (14k from zarten's for example) i conclude a certain distribution of the probabilities. if you look in the trade channel, people will always ask to trade for the same parts of specific items as well.
    I only have about 180 rares yet there are some I now have stacks of 5 of and plenty that I don't have any of at all.

My 5 HP's of summer leach are unlikely to ever change (well other than upwards if I get more) since nobody will want to buy/trade for them so you most likely have the same on the people with thousands of rare's since the ones that are actually used will have been constructed/traded for other desired parts and its just the useless dross that collect.

So bearing all that in mind I don't think comparing peeps TH rare list will provide a very reliable set of stats.

Good point made Eternal Pink. The last part I mean.

As for the El Farid stuff. I am a firm believer that that dungeon needs nerfing. Personally I would take away the tertiary cash drops from the tiny little spiders or stop the bigger ones spawning so many. I think the XP gain in there is great but getting rid of so much of the money is better.

As for your point about time sinks.... (sync_187) this game has run since August 2002 (in retail) and many of us here capped in months or weeks, not years. Yet we still play.

Why do you think that is? There is no time sink here at all in my mind. Sorry but I do not see how that point is a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink View Post
    I only have about 180 rares yet there are some I now have stacks of 5 of and plenty that I don't have any of at all.

My 5 HP's of summer leach are unlikely to ever change (well other than upwards if I get more) since nobody will want to buy/trade for them so you most likely have the same on the people with thousands of rare's since the ones that are actually used will have been constructed/traded for other desired parts and its just the useless dross that collect.

So bearing all that in mind I don't think comparing peeps TH rare list will provide a very reliable set of stats.
    what? how do come to that conclusion. please use deduction because simply stating something doesn't make it true. if you look at the REMAINING rare parts it clearly shows, that some are just not available, otherwise all items would have been made. yet even the insanely popular dissy shows lots of leftover parts. the only reason why there's so little of the other rare parts left (compared to other rare part sets) is, because people will actively looking for those rarer parts in trade much more than lets say from an executioner, which isn't even get built at all, because no one is using them.
    Last edited by eNTi; 03-05-13 at 16:18.

what? how do come to that conclusion. please use deduction because simply stating something doesn't make it true. if you look at the REMAINING rare parts it clearly shows, that some are just not available, otherwise all items would have been made. yet even the insanely popular dissy shows lots of leftover parts. the only reason why there's so little of the other rare parts left (compared to other rare part sets) is, because people will actively looking for those rarer parts in trade much more than lets say from an executioner, which isn't even get built at all, because no one is using them.
    Simple maths dude.

You get 10 rare parts, you res 10 rare parts for the sake of argument you get 5 rare's that people use (cs, rav,creed,dissy,SH) and 5 rare parts that nobody uses (summer leech, oblit, drone parts)

You trade/sell/construct with the parts that people use which takes you down to 0 used rares and you still have 5 dross rares.

As nobody will buy the dross rares or trade for the dross rares or do anything with the dross rares they sit on your rare list till the end of time where as the used rares don't.

If they are not on the list then you are not going to see them to count them now are you as the TH rare list does not keep a record of what rares you have had, take a look at mine if you like and you'll see I have 2 doom beamer parts listed (Comps if anyone wants to trade ) so does that mean I've only ever got 2 doom beamer parts or that in the past I acquired a full set and built it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast