Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    So since my post seems to have been deleted, here it's again in short form:

What Faid said is not remotely true, there are no red SL players except for maybe some P2 kami droners, and those won't be affected by the changes. I don't play with any -SL guys either, nor do i know any. It seems he said that to take away from my credibility.

Also his clan are ninja hackers, so I don't know why he acts like a whiteknight here.
    if you don't know any -sl players or if there are actually almost none on this server there's two things i don't understand:
    1. why are so many ppl here crying about changes, that won't affect most people on the server anyway,
    2. where's the problem with a system that actively discourages players going -sl in the first place? it doesn't seem to be easy, since there are almost none. at least if we take your word for it.

obviously the devs know more than anyone of us and they also see the need to implement those changes, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    I reiterate, it is difficult to get RED soul light on accident. -5 or 10 on accident is reasonable but come one, no one believes you got -35 sl on accident.
    I disagree with this, I have personnaly experienced instances where SL drops in chunks of -40 points.
    Most notably the staircase to MB, the SL drops are intense in there.

This is also part of the problem, if the loss was linear and predictable, fine. But right now most SL loss feel like a roll of dice.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    if you don't know any -sl players or if there are actually almost none on this server there's two things i don't understand:
    1. why are so many ppl here crying about changes, that won't affect most people on the server anyway,
    2. where's the problem with a system that actively discourages players going -sl in the first place? it doesn't seem to be easy, since there are almost none. at least if we take your word for it.
    PvP in the city is the reason.

There are accidents and there are bored PvP players who will attack anybody. Because of the latter there will be feuds between allies. And other players will get between the frontlines.

If you want to participate in city PvP you can be sure your SL will be fucked someday.

I think that's one reason for this outcry.

This will be a crippling factor to Zonline PVP.

I have been on Vedeena the P2 Zoneline and Gogo area is filled with static copbots with one more dynamic copbot. Thats 5 copbots in P2's fighting area.

I dont understand why Zoneline PVP seems to be repressed by the DEVs.

We don't want to use NF for a quick PVP fix, we want Battle Dome, but in the city, and with a safezone next to it to talk trash.

We want something for Zoneline PVP and ideally not a zone where the new SL rule will make people's PVP experience awful.

The reason for the changes to P2 on Vedeena is that PvP in the city shall move to PP again.

However, since the zone rules are the same in PP nothing will change regarding the SL situation there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    The reason for the changes to P2 on Vedeena is that PvP in the city shall move to PP again.

However, since the zone rules are the same in PP nothing will change regarding the SL situation there.
    I'd be fine if P3 was made into a safe zone. Not looking forward to Veronique's zoneline pvp. Just seems meh. (noQQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    I'd be fine if P3 was made into a safe zone. Not looking forward to Veronique's zoneline pvp. Just seems meh. (noQQ)
    ^ PP pvp ftw!

Club veronique isn't a safe zone now, although there are some copbots inside the club.

The Pussy club is a safe zone.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

I thought we were all hardcore bad asses in here? Why do we need a safe zone?

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I disagree with this, I have personnaly experienced instances where SL drops in chunks of -40 points.
    Most notably the staircase to MB, the SL drops are intense in there.

This is also part of the problem, if the loss was linear and predictable, fine. But right now most SL loss feel like a roll of dice.

Then that needs to be fixed. I personally have never experienced such extreme SL loss. I think the most I have lost at once in maybe 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Club veronique isn't a safe zone now, although there are some copbots inside the club.
    Club Veronique is a safezone.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    Then that needs to be fixed. I personally have never experienced such extreme SL loss. I think the most I have lost at once in maybe 10.
    It depends on how your SL is compared to the person you kill.
    For example I killed a Allied APU in regants on my tank with 100 SL.. Two times.. And only lost 3 SL from those two kills... His SL was clearly very low. If I had been at 10 SL and he had been at 100 SL, I had lost a TON more.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Club veronique and pussy club were both non safe zones on the test server the other day. As well as all the faction HQ's in Pepper Park. I assume it was to stop zone-whoring to safe zones in PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    [...]We don't want to use NF for a quick PVP fix, we want Battle Dome, but in the city, and with a safezone next to it to talk trash.

We want something for Zoneline PVP and ideally not a zone where the new SL rule will make people's PVP experience awful.
    I'd like that too. No SL loss. Belt drop is ok.

GM's could set a city zone to a "city battle" zone, similar to the new safe zone GM feature in T185/186.

This way the "city battle zone" could even change, and this would add to the fun!
    Last edited by Ivan Eres; 30-04-13 at 23:59.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast