Quote Originally Posted by PsiCorps View Post
    People congratulating the SL changes seem to be people that I've never seen pvp outside of op wars.
    lol and the only people complaining about it are the ones who Ive seen constantly ally pk-ing who, until now, have suffered very little consequences.

The changes are supposed to make you think about who you actually attack and kill. I get that most STD guys just want to attack and kill everyone everywhere and thats their playstyle which is fine, but there is a faction system in place and that system should mean something. Hopefully with these changes some stability will be returned to said system and the blatant ally pking will be nullified.

The positive effect I think this will have outweighs the potential for accidents and abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    lol and the only people complaining about it are the ones who Ive seen constantly ally pk-ing who, until now, have suffered very little consequences.

The changes are supposed to make you think about who you actually attack and kill. I get that most STD guys just want to attack and kill everyone everywhere and thats their playstyle which is fine, but there is a faction system in place and that system should mean something. Hopefully with these changes some stability will be returned to said system and the blatant ally pking will be nullified.

The positive effect I think this will have outweighs the potential for accidents and abuse.
    Please move to Tangent, then we'd lose very little soullight
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

guards infront of ca hq don't shoot.stood infront of them as tg with -91 CA symp not a single shot.

Quote Originally Posted by runner420 View Post
    guards infront of ca hq don't shoot.stood infront of them as tg with -91 CA symp not a single shot.
    There was only 1 CA guard there earlier, and all the added guards seem to be facing mecca?

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    My P2 chars however, are another story. They can and will accidentaly lose SL, and the fact that the amount of SL lost seems to be a roll of dice is discouraging me to engage in the PVP action in P2.
    Did you read the Patchnotes? Pepper Park is the new P2. You have another ruleset there

Not all STD just want to kill everyone, and as said before in the topic sometimes we are the ones being attacked and in defending ourselves we win (I say "we" but its not me who is doing it :P). HOWEVER if there was a faction that was enemy to all other factions, Anarchy Breed for instance I think we would have swapped to there in a heartbeat.

One of the reasons we moved from FA to BT was that we wanted to fight people not green on green all the time.
    So with FF being TT
    SOAD and Infected being TG
    T-B-C being CS
    Finally TSU being enemy to us

DRE not active
    SXR are NEXT so neutral
    Fusion are CM also neutral
    PPB were BD being neutral

No Protopharm clans
    LG being the only active CA means we had only 1 green clan to deal with.

Even then on an RP / LORE perspective the idea of a BT clan wanting to become the alpha faction and not caring who they take down to do it is very very easy to work out.
    The whole MC5 brainwashing facility
    Wanting to take down TT to prove they are better and in doing so absorb them
    Trying to slow down the space program until their brainwashing technique is perfected
    Shutting down PP so people rely on implants and nanites from BT rather than doctors who want to make cyborg bodies.
    If they want to be the leaders of the city they will have to deal with CA at some point, so why not weaken them while you can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EITHER WAY going just a bit off topic there, though I think it has been drawn off topic a while ago and people have already made their ideas about the SL changes already. But to refresh my opinion
    SL lockout of GRs should be limited to only some GRs if at all, ones owned by your own clan, PP and outzone or in your own apartment should still work for you as should some others at minimum, though maybe have disposable tool to use it.
    Maybe give them something like a hacktool what you can use to access to port you to your own app and from there you can port to other places using it. This would mean that you go in to hack like if you use the lv20 tool on a term. So no chance of fail, but takes you a bit longer to get in.

Constantly? Really?

We've lost tens, upon tens of millions in rare weapons, hours upon hours of mission running, not to mention the time having to idle before you can even pvp in p2 so you don't go red SL from a accidental ally kill.

Swung both ways with this patch. I may give NC a break. The dissy nerf is great but you havent changed other things for it to work (watch people UG hug even more now as you still sit on your thumbs doing fuckall about it)

I for one dont care much about the SL thing. I find it more hilarious that youre spending time on things such as changing zones when needdd instead of actually looking at what people want. Speaking about that - you guys made a thread about what we thought needed changing the most as players and i cant see a damn thing about SL, changing zones and fucking snow being that high on peoples lists.

Also Blackmaze needs to come up for some air before he passes out
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

Quote Originally Posted by DigestiveBiscui View Post
    Also Blackmaze needs to come up for some air before he passes out
    It warms my heart to hear you guys talking about me

For some apparent reason I'm on all of your minds a lot, I wonder why!

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Constantly? Really?

We've lost tens, upon tens of millions in rare weapons, hours upon hours of mission running, not to mention the time having to idle before you can even pvp in p2 so you don't go red SL from a accidental ally kill.
    Maybe not constantly but it happens a lot, every time I've seen an STD guy in a non safe zone they've attacked everyone regardless of faction or clan. Naturally our two clans attack each other because we are enemies but unclanned non-LE'd people get killed for no reason. I'm not saying everyone in your clan does this but it seems to be a defining characteristic for a good amount of them. I'm fine with people killing who ever they want whenever and wherever they want, Pepper Park should be a very fun place to hang out now

Although I can see how your red SL kami droner clan may have a problem with these new rules. The amount of times Ive seen one of your revenge droners killing indiscriminately in P2 is funny, it makes things somewhat interesting.

[ edited ]

Good changes so far in that patch. Naturally some things have to be refined more. The SL rules seem a bit harsh and plaza 1 / plaza 3 sync will become pvp zone #1. I actually like the area there so im fine with that.
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:18. Reason: Flaming
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Although I can see how your red SL kami droner clan may have a problem with these new rules. The amount of times Ive seen one of your revenge droners killing indiscriminately in P2 is funny, it makes things somewhat interesting.
    OT, i have a blast doing it. My coveted 5 man drone kill was my crowning achievement.

Good changes so far in that patch. Naturally some things have to be refined more. The SL rules seem a bit harsh and plaza 1 / plaza 3 sync will become pvp zone #1. I actually like the area there so im fine with that.
    The worst possible zone line fighting ingame? Tight hall then horrible camera sticking. Your brainport shittalking aside, not being able to GR anywhere is absurd. It won't stop me, it won't stop me ally killing, it won't stop others ally killing. People will be more vigilant in SL management and go idle at low SL, instead of being out playing the game and fighting. I still happen to like the idea, if compromise was made on GR'ing. Give me a challenge, just don't make it not even worth the effort.

There's also nearly always underlying reasons why we will kill an ally. I don't know a single one of us that kill indiscriminately. But instead of asking the why, and understanding the situation people, yourself included jump to conclusions and jump on the hate bandwagon.

The opinion of STD is far more valid than people who rarely play the game, let alone people who play one single playstyle and have never strayed from it.
    Last edited by Strife; 25-04-13 at 06:43.

Besides the PVP discussion I think that it is great the volunteer team gives the soullight system a sense.

But even I think the change is not correct if you disable all GRs for those with less soullight. The system should more differ, for example:
    - safezone GRs only useable with 0 or positiv SL
    - city GRs not useable with SL less than -10
    - PP and OZ GRs not useable with SL less than -40
    - OP and wasteland GRs should always (OP GRs of course only if owner allows it) be useable, because its in the wastelands and there should be no rules

I love the patch. All parts of it.

And reading the posts about the -SL things I'm not sure where the problem is. The system is still the same inculding GRs, appartments, vendors, except one thing: Inside safzones. That's it. Where is the problem? You just can't go there anymore.

Almost all that complain are also for the removal or limitation of the LE, with arguments like Neocron isn't meant to be safe etc. And why would you need the safezones anyway except to run for them to not getting killed? If you encounter an enemie you said you want to kill him, so there is no need to hide for you, you either win or loose. No safe zone involved. Everything you get inside safe zones is also available in non safezones. And everyone is forced away from P2 so we just have to find a new place to fight. Shouldn't be a problem.
    ‘Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.’

Strife and co.: Please keep in mind that Neocron isn't a "MMO" like Call of Duty where you can RUN & GUN anytime and everywhere you want. Neocron is still a MMO-RPG-FPS. I know some of the last changes which hit us with Evo 2.2 brought Neocron far away from that.

And yes, I know that some of you (creative) guys find an another way to annoy runners again

I read some useful and constructive ideas here. For example the 20 seconds on attack thing. Keep posting we'll collect and discuss some of your ideas <3
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​