This change wouldnt be so bad if SL was managed in a linear, predictable way.

What I mean is, from one neutral/ally kill to the next, SL drops anywhere from -10 to -40 SL per kill.

There seems to be no apparent way to predict the hit, certain zones are punnishing more than others.
    Result is that the SL loss upon neutral/ally kill is basically a roll of dice, and that will compromise a lot of the PVP that happens within NC.

They should make SL drop in 5 points increments, so that players will not get caught by surprise by going from +5 SL to -35 from a single kill.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    What an absolutely stupid argument.

Your argument is equally stupid. This fits within the lore fine. You get red SL and you are listed as a terrorist. Logically it works out fine that you then are restricted almost all NC city services. As for your argument about "accidentally" getting really low SL, give me a break, I've only had red sl twice ever and I had to literally work at it. Getting very low SL isn't easy.

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:48. Reason: Trolling
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

Bounty hunting/PK hunting was completely removed from the game to satisfy some people whining that they were pk'd by friendly faction.[...]
    That's something I'd really like to be implemented properly, bounty hunting. The jail could be the place to hide for red sl chars, with appas, vendors, sl missions, and strong guards that would make a raid fun.

How about this. If you don't like an ally killing you, stop your whining and put your LE in like it obviously should be.(pointed at no one directly)
    The goal should be to make it possible for people to pull their LE, and not to have them keep it until Judgement Day.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:47. Reason: Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    That's something I'd really like to be implemented properly, bounty hunting. The jail could be the place to hide for red sl chars, with appas, vendors, sl missions, and strong guards that would make a raid fun..
    I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The resurrection of Sentinel is upon us.

Players shouldnt have to keep LE in by fear of the SL system being abused upon them.

Obivously this new SL rule allows for A LOT of exploiting to be possible.

As happenned with the VHC rule change (got cancelled), I vouch that the current SL rules remain until you guys think of something better than what is live on the test server.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post

As happenned with the VHC rule change (got cancelled), I vouch that the current SL rules remain until you guys think of something better than what is live on the test server.
    I'd prefer a complete re-work. Even with the understanding that it will take time, and other changes may be put on hold. I'm pretty happy with how the game is in it's current state, the devs have done a absolutely amazing job weeding out the bug and exploits. I'd be happy to have future projects put on hold for a really fun, and drawn out rework of the entire SL/faction sympathy system.

I couldn't think of any change to this game that'd be better than bringing back true pker's to the game. Hear me out first before you rage. I'm thinking something like back in beta, when there was only a small handful of people who would chose this play-style. Checks and balances would need to be put in where you'd really have to dedicate yourself to the play-style.(Ie, restricted access to anything in Neocron city limits. You basically live in outzone apts. TG won't have you, CM won't have you, FA won't have you. You'll also have no access to their GR's, just Outzone, OP gr's, and places such as DRT and Battle Dome). Belt dropping would need to be changed/reverted back to previous version of the game. Dropping slot 1 every time is just game breaking for this playstyle.

^ tldr; Bad guys and pk hunting parties.

As said above (including by myself) the SL system will be up for much abuse and griefing.

People have also pointed out they will lose their hard earned loot, or just to spend 8hours while at work or in bed sitting at the back of their apartments every day passively lowering their soul light, just to be able to play the game for 30min to 1 hour later in the day.

An idea for the whole weapon drop thing would be for those dedicated to playing Sith... I mean low soul light characters :P is that maybe a vendor in the jail house or somewhere else that only low soul light people can go to sells 'knock-off' weapons and armour. So this stuff is almost as good as the rare weapons they are like, maybe rather than 120% stats they have cap of 110% BUT can only be used by people with between -100 -> -80SL. They will still drop, and will cost a bit to buy, but then at least they aren't dropping several million creds they cant earn on every death.

This idea also works nicely as a bounty type of system as well. If the guns / PA they are buying cost them say 200k per one, they are dropping 2-3 of these items when they die. The person getting the items from their belt cant use them unless they are heavy -SL however could sell them to Yo's for 10-30% of buyers price IF they don't want to sell back to the open market.

First of all: great patch! As awesome as all the technical fixes are, it's really nice to see seriously gameplay changes moving forward.

Regarding SL: what about making it so you only lose SL proportional to the damage that you dealt?
    For example: you come across a green player and shoot him dead; you would take the full SL penalty for that.
    If you accidentally hit a green guy with a CS blob, taking 10% of his health, and someone else kills him, you would only take 10% of the standard SL penalty, or a fixed value for certain ranges, like:
    0%-10% = -5SL
    11%-25% = -10SL
    26%-50% = -25SL
    51%-100% = -50SL

Obviously this wouldn't totally solve everything, like 0/2 non-le griefers, and it would need to take other things into account, like healing large amounts of mob damage over time, and a group of players could easily take turns shooting a green player, so each person only loses a smaller amount of SL, but this could be a good start to solve a lot of issues with the system.

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:36. Reason: Flaming
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:38.

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:39. Reason: Flaming
    BAD ASS 74/65 NERFED HYB {apu now}
    BLACK SOUL 79/67 RIFLE PE

AND SOMEOTHERS I WONT SAY

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:46. Reason: Trolling
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

I do have a -99 SL droner, but he's got not much to do with why I disagree with those changes. That char serves a purpose and the new ruleset will not affect him much.

My P2 chars however, are another story. They can and will accidentaly lose SL, and the fact that the amount of SL lost seems to be a roll of dice is discouraging me to engage in the PVP action in P2.

If anything, I will PVP more on my droner than other chars (in the city) to avoid the crap that comes with the new SL ruleset.

As far as regent goes, a LOT of players have an alt logged out there, and that alt is usually a PPU, so really running intentionally in someone's AOE to try to have them leave due to negative SL is very, very likely.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast