Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    But you can use your appartment in Pepper Park and so on?!
    They said SAFEZONE Appartments!

Edit: what triv said ... -.-

(you sir are more awesome)
    And in fact you also said it higher up the page as did I. You have to love the rage train that can only read the first 2-3 words of any line of text and proceed to explode about them :P
    Also people need to take the time to read other peoples posts... especially mine as they are long and boring, but full of wisdom and insight :P. (my bet will be not even 1 page down there will be a TL:DR about this or my other post :P.)

No rage train here. I just skipped over the initial post as it is the middle of my day and I was on a lunch break and reading faster than normal. I thought that it made more sense to have this happen in safe zones so yes that is all good. It is simply a misread on my part. my bad.

As for the long boring stuff posted later on that I never bother to read.... well you answered your own question. I read 95% of this forum but if a post doesnt look insightful then I honestly will just move past it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

seems the only safezone on the test server is p1, so if that is intentional strife and other ally pk'rs can access apartments in any zone cept p1. y is that a problem? The problem is when your real fight chars get owned in pvp and u result to kami droning everyone and killing neutrals and allies in the process. Thats not accidental thats intentional. Thats why you have your neg sL so stop the bs. There are alot of people who like to aoe in p2 and they usually end up with neg sL now they complain because they cant use gr's. all i have to say is lol. sorry but these are the consequences for your play style. Nobody likes kami droners/aoe spammers in fight zones so the fact they did what they did to the sL rules is a welcome change in my book.

NOW, the 35 and 25% changed to dissy ak and IAR are great, they seem to do the damage that was intended, not overpowered but not underpowered as well. i still need to test with ppu shields, but great start to the patch none the less
    Last edited by gstyle40; 24-04-13 at 15:04. Reason: cosmetics
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

The REAL Walker

Snow has been removed from all weather patterns. Missing weather patterns restored.
    Im almost crying from happyness!
    Well That and the Dissy nerf.
    Infact, pretty most the whole patch sounds awesome!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Snow has been removed from all weather patterns. Missing weather patterns restored.
    Im almost crying from happyness!
    Well That and the Dissy nerf.
    Infact, pretty most the whole patch sounds awesome!
    See, more of these replies please!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Regarding the new SL System:

You can be a badass all the time but be a badass who accept all consequences too. The soullight became a useless number in the old system. Accidentally killed faction members or friends? Why not use the team function? Its always annoying for the most people to get ganked by a "friendly" runner, they are loose stuff too.

There is no place for carebear-badasses
    I would agree with you if weapons and the like were balanced. Here's what I mean:

Back in the day I was -90 red SL almost constantly. Now, with my PE and the weapons either being in either two categories(complete shit, good) there is almost no reason to go red SL anymore. To use the weapons that are good requires me to equip a 2.5mil PA and the weapon cost/implants/etc is outrageous. So, I couldn't exactly play a badass willing to lose everything because losing everything would be...unrecoverable. I can't pick up the cheap guns and live like a crazy criminal bum on the run with basic weapons to defend myself because...I wouldn't stand any chance at all? Balance needs an overhaul in general, obviously, but to do this is a bit silly.

Idle or do missions for soul light or you basically can't play the game. Yay. This is called a punishment, and removes people from gameplay. Good business model, it'll never work.

This type of RP should be open in the game, and expanded. You are crunching it down, which is not good. No longer can I run around in PA2 with a basic-ish weapon as a criminal and kill people and mug them. It's not griefing if you're playing the role, but I can't even play the role because of this. No GRs, no nothing? A bit ridiculous. Guess I'll have to play a spy just to go red SL.

So, while you don't like carebear-badasses, you are effectively eliminating just the badasses and turning the game into more of a mission grindfest.

Cyberpunk, dangerous criminals, a city full of them and run/made for them. This is commonplace. This is a move to destroy it.

Revert VR to high sl safezones, move Plaza back to safe, keep pepper park as the battlegrounds. You'll be a lot better off with this.
    Last edited by Model192; 24-04-13 at 17:27.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    No longer can I run around in PA2 with a basic-ish weapon as a criminal and kill people and mug them. It's not griefing if you're playing the role, but I can't even play the role because of this.
    I think you're getting the cause of this wrong.

The cause is not the balance (of course it's part of it) but more so the fact that the only people you have to fight are capped players.

Back in the day, you would have found a lot more players with their LE popped, and you could play your part (kill/mug) as you wanted while you were a lot more basic-equipped yourself.

So again, I think the problem here is more the LE being popped late, if at all, rather than game balance.

Quick question: Will you be resetting the Soul light of people who is -100? That way people who play the game with -100 will get to choose with the new rules if they want to continue playing?
    Let the good times roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Regarding the new SL System:

You can be a badass all the time but be a badass who accept all consequences too. The soullight became a useless number in the old system. Accidentally killed faction members or friends? Why not use the team function? Its always annoying for the most people to get ganked by a "friendly" runner, they are loose stuff too.

There is no place for carebear-badasses
    This just opens the system up for even more abuse. Now we will have people in places such as regents running into your AoE and dying on purpose to get you red SL. Have fun running all the way back to your apt from e_02. People will 'troll' in Pepperpark, where the zoneline fighting will most likely be moved to. 0/2's with LE out running infront of CS fire and dying.

This does nothing to promote respecting the faction boundaries. People will just manage soul-light better until they accidentally go red at some point and lose their 5slot rare they worked months on getting.

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with all of this, but the no-GR thing is absolutely absurd.

SL Changes are short sighted.

Green allied faction member attacks you. Running away is improbable due to the 'soft cap' run speeds.
    You fight back, you lose SL. You have lost a lot of SL (esp if they have had 100 SL).

Why should a player be punished for self defense?

I think several mechanics would need to be in place for this to really be a balanced change.

1) Agressor system - player hits you first, for the next 20 seconds you can retaliate with little or no SL loss.
    2) Clan War system - Keeps green allied factions as green - however their clan tag RED - netting little or no SL loss.

I can understand SL changes could be in place to ensure fully capped players aren't attacking lowbies for the 'LOLz' and giving harsh punishments accordingly.

However; I've never lost SL killing a lowbie, because it is pointless.

I suggest if this is to go ahead, rethinking of the threshold would be required.

Maybe Lockout of Safe Zone Apps -31 SL
    Vendor Lockout -40
    Genrep Lockout -50

This will ensure that accidents don't ruin your character in the blink of an eye - and people committed to killing people for SL loss are punished accordingly.

People who OPWAR with minus soul light are already at a disadvantage by being on the NCPD terrorist list - meaning opposing clans can track movements easily.

Also, on the test server Faction HQs are no longer safe zones - I would consider making the mission NPCs invulnerable.
    Running missions in a faction HQ will no longer be desirable, which I imagine is intentional.

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:50. Reason: Flaming
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    I wouldn't have too much of a problem with all of this, but the no-GR thing is absolutely absurd.
    One could also call it absurd that a murderer and criminal is simply able to use all transportation possibilities and appartments in safe zones without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    One could also call it absurd that a murderer and criminal is simply able to use all transportation possibilities and appartments in safe zones without problems.
    This assumes that all -31 SL people are criminals.

I've seen people drop group when AoEing in Regants and dying in barrels to net people loss of SL.
    I would not see that as a criminal act.
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

Edited by poster
    Last edited by Kame; 24-04-13 at 18:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    I don't have much of a problem with the apartment thing, I misread it earlier. This also isnt a ultra-realistic RPG. Limiting the way you can play the game isn't productive, or even good game design.

This is meant to curb rampant allied PK'ing, and this simply won't. People will manage their SL better, and probably PvP even less. All for the sake of some people whining that an allied killed them(in a fucking Cyberpunk game no less). The only reason people respected it in the first place was because it was made that you dropped your first slot weapon. Bounty hunting/PK hunting was completely removed from the game to satisfy some people whining that they were pk'd by friendly faction.

How about this. If you don't like an ally killing you, stop your whining and put your LE in like it obviously should be.(pointed at no one directly)

Quote Originally Posted by PsiCorps View Post
    This assumes that all -31 SL people are criminals.

I've seen people drop group when AoEing in Regants and dying in barrels to net people loss of SL.
    I would not see that as a criminal act.
    That's what the system is for, and it should be adjusted to work properly.

I doubt that you will have to go to Regant's ever again with your PvP char (who's even WoC'ed maybe).

But if you do you will have a hard time to find a griefer there that will throw himself into your barrel because virtually everybody has their LE in there.

You should also choose your "group" i.e. team wisely, as you would do if you don't want your belt to be robbed by unknowns because you had your rare AoE weapon in slot 2 when you died.

Last but not least, that's also what clan's are for.

There will always be assholes in this world, but you gotta know how to deal with them or avoid them.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast