Good looking patch. I will definitely join testing.
    Finnish Gimp

WEAPON BALANCE
    Damage output of the TL115 Disruptor lowered by 35% to compensate for aggressive burst bonus.
    Damage output of the TL113 Ceres Assault Rifle CAR-47 and the TL108 Infiltration Assault Rifle IAR-47 lowered by 25% to compensate for aggressive burst bonus.
    das muss mir mal kurz wer erklären wie genau das gemeint ist. also generell wird der dmg reduziert (35% dissi und 25% ak`s), ABER gleichzeitig kommt neuer "Burst" dmg dazu? versteh ich nicht ganz wie das sich auswirkt, die ganzen waffen hatten doch bisher quasie eh nur "Burst" dmg, es sei denn man moddedte die AK zB mit nem gift mod der noch stackte ?! Oder steh ich völlig auf der Leitung?
    Hat das schon wer getestet wie sich das nun verhält und wie die waffen nun einzuordnen sind im vergleich zu vorher?

Ansonsten lesen sich die Patchnotes super!
    SWAT Hooo...lange ist es her.

Chars:
    Hammer (PPU), Brian Szardak (TANK), Boon (PE), Butsch (APU), Amboss (support) , Mrs Amboss (Support), Niemand (Spy)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    If you can't handle getting shit on for being a low sl guy then don't be low sl.
    What an absolutely stupid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    I don't see the point in shitting on negative SL characters even further. So you accidentally go negative SL in Pepperpark then you cant use your apt lift or GR away? You're forced to drop your rare weapon you spent weeks/months trying to obtain because you attacked someone trying to kill you? This is absolutely absurd. Why punish people for pvp even further?

EDIT: I rather enjoy playing my negative SL character(droner) and doing something that strays from the norm. It's risky and people absolutely love to hunt you down. I've lost so much gear from it, probably 2 million NC in stealth tools alone. I'd absolutely love to play a red SL tank or spy, but the massively harsh reality of losing months of work in gear makes it not worth it. I haven't killed anyone that wasn't engaged in PvP. I'm not a griefing pker just because i'm red. I shouldn't be forced to play a goody nice guy. Stop restricting game-play and broaden it. In beta we had the pker's, and we tracked and hunted them down all throughout the outzone. It's some of my fondest memories from beta, and I can still list nearly all ~10 pkers from that era.

You guys can't get the hint when players move the copbots into the pool in Plaza2? We want a place to be able to fight/spar with a safe-zone nearby, as has been NC tradition for over 10 years. We op fight when we can, and we duel when there's no op fights. It's obvious what we want, and you're going out of your way to stop it. We've suggested the game brought back to how it used to be with Plaza3 being safe and pp1 being the pvp hotspot, with no comment from what i've seen.

Sorry for language, I really appreciate you guys spending your personal time working on the game, but this "Anti-PvP" patch is just in my opinion a bad idea.

Constructive suggestions:
    Make the GR/Apt lift restrictions for Plaza/Via only.
    With the new ability to create safe-zones, make Plaza3 safe and add benches near the PP1 zoneline.
    Well Strife.. You may missed something:

"Access to Apartment Access Interfaces in safe zones requires Runners to have -31 Soul Light or higher."

Why don't you just get an appartment in Pepper Park? You wouldn't have a problem there.

Edited- Cause of stupidity

@Hammer:

Vor ein paar Jahren wurde ein patch eingeführt, weil die Dissy und eigentlich alle Burst Waffen zu schwach waren. Allerdings ist der damals eingebaute Burst Bonus zu hoch ausgefallen.
    Denke sie haben das jetzt ein bisschen abgeschwächt.
    Last edited by nabbl; 24-04-13 at 09:20.

I can't help but giggle <3

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin
    Preventative measures have been installed to prevent CopBots falling into the pool in Plaza Sector 2.
    CopBots have been removed from Pepper Park Sectors 1, 2 & 3.
    An attempt to bring PVP back to PP and I hear barely any cheers. Woohoo! This is as it should be! <3
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:52.

the sl fixes might be in preparation of a broader balancing effort to reduce the impact of the le maybe? it's in testing and pvp focused players should use this opportunity to give constructive feedback. p2 was never intended to be a dueling area. what's so hard to understand there? new players running around in p2/aggi cellar without le would have no chance to every reach their destination. pp is getting a much welcome pvp come back and you just complain that the supposed safer zones in the center of neocron are made somewhat safe again. i think p2 was broken and should never had the status it has now. if you are below 0 sl you are probably an outlaw and choose to be. going below -31 sl by accident seems to be a long stretch.

i understand that you want a place to fight and train and i think that might be good feedback, if you provided some ideas as to how and where to implement that? i guess the devs would welcome some creative and constructive indepth feedback in the brainport on this matter.

also: +1 on the patch.
    Last edited by eNTi; 24-04-13 at 09:32.

Small Pepper-Park rat :p Tenchiro's Avatar

Sounds great but: whats up with the kami drones? Any changes? :> If not: welcome to droner wars!
    ----------------------
    IT TOOK ME HALF A DAY TO FIND OUT WHAT “BRATHERING” MEANS.
    THE ANSWER IS EASY. IT'S GERMAN NOT ENGLISH –

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    Edited- Cause of stupidity

@Hammer:

Vor ein paar Jahren wurde ein patch eingeführt, weil die Dissy und eigentlich alle Burst Waffen zu schwach waren. Allerdings ist der damals eingebaute Burst Bonus zu hoch ausgefallen.
    Denke sie haben das jetzt ein bisschen abgeschwächt.
    ok das wusste ichnicht. bin ich mal gespannt, ich finde die 25% gerade bei der kleinen ak gewaltig
    SWAT Hooo...lange ist es her.

Chars:
    Hammer (PPU), Brian Szardak (TANK), Boon (PE), Butsch (APU), Amboss (support) , Mrs Amboss (Support), Niemand (Spy)

Also, I think it is great that AFK'ers can now be logged out in leveling area's and also logging out resets your position to the beginning of a cave!

Regarding the new SL System:

You can be a badass all the time but be a badass who accept all consequences too. The soullight became a useless number in the old system. Accidentally killed faction members or friends? Why not use the team function? Its always annoying for the most people to get ganked by a "friendly" runner, they are loose stuff too.

There is no place for carebear-badasses
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Accidentally killed faction members or friends? Why not use the team function?
    Make the team function be able to have enough people in it then maybe we could :P (I know there is a way to get more than the normal amount of people in team but its cheating). Also I would say put in something to count same clan as team for the purpose of SL loss then so you don't accidently hit a friend with AOE then someone else kills him you get your SL taken away.

I can also see some griefers going around in mixed teams of people from multiple factions just trying to get hit by random shots to get peoples SL down.
    So for instance you know a war in p2 is going on between STD (BT) and SOAD (TG) if you wanted to greif you could go down there with a CA or PP or BT to grief the STD or a FA or CS or TG to grief the SOAD. With the new Soul Light penalties meaning they cant GR anywhere they could then try to make sure that they couldn't defend their own ops with characters.

Also make SL easier to recover from might need to be in order. Maybe donate money to the local war orphans fund rather than have you run kill 5 rat missions for a day.

So either way my take on the changes.

Gene Replication Network Soul Light : Seems a little harsh for those who accidently get in to bad soul light, could they however use hacknet? Also surely if their own clan actually owns the op they are Gene Repping from and to then they aren't going to lock themselves out of it or from your own Generep in your own apartment what I'm sure you will have placed shiney toys on it to make it work for you.
    I don't know any LORE reason why the Gene Reps wouldn't work for someone with bad Soul Light, but if you want to make them have restrictions, maybe have them have to have something like the hacknet code breakers to use it, so it uses one every time you try to use the GR to go somewhere.

Venture Warp Network Soul Light : Don't think anyway cares, but once again maybe have a couple of Venture warps that are free for anyone to use like maybe the one in PP3.

Vendors in safe zones Soul Light : Sounds ok to me, though I think they will just get friends to buy there ammo and sell their stuff at Yo's if they want.

Apartment Access Interfaces in safe zones Soul Light : So this is for P1 only I think? I don't know of any other apartments in safezones. But in combo with the above change of not being able to use your own GR then I think this will make life interesting for a while.

Damage for Dissy, CAR-47 & IAR-47 : Almost everyone is complaining each of these are to powerful in comparision to other rifles, pistols, heavy weapons... so maybe this will bring them in line and we will see people using other weapons more frequently again. Though with the currently broken stealth tool, it will likely mean all those rifle spys will swap to tanks so they have higher resists and health if the creed is still pumping out good damage.

New hit box colouring for clan mates : Awesome and was needed for a while. Fighting green on green was a pain, though I would also like to see that rather than when you hover over someone the name slowly scrolls on the screen that it is instantly there.

Gamemasters setting safezones : Again another new toy to play with, BUT will this conflict with the new Soul Light rules? So for instance for some random reason you make P2 a safezone for a couple of hours. Will all the -32 Soul Light people not be able to use their apartments while you have locked it down.

Gamemasters setting zones to automatically log out players idling : Again much needed, as you cant be there 24/7 and some caves get blocked.
    It would be interesting to see how long the idle time is and in combo with the Gamemasters setting zones to spawn players at the reset point after logging out, will people who currently AFK in the corner at the bottom of Regants be thrown to the top so instead will hide behind the boxes in the 2nd level.
    Also makes it more interesting for Ceres Labs and DoY tunnels, where people would often leave a character in a cleared out version of the previous level to make sure they had a place they could retreat to and heal up. If they are then going to have to move the character every 5 mins or so then they may be annoyed by this.

Additional CopBots in Plaza Sector 1 & 2 : Good to have more of them there, it might just end up moving the action somewhere else though.

City Administration guards are stationed outside of City Administration HQ. Enemy runners will be shot on sight. : What about other faction guards then like Black Dragons, TSU, PP, TT, BT and all that, don't they get to shoot enemy clans walking outside their doors?

CopBots falling into the pool in Plaza Sector 2 stopped : Good, it was stupid that they always wanted to go swimming.

CopBots removed from PP 1, 2 & 3 : As someone else said, who are they being replaced with? surely one of the many gangs there would try to take over keeping the peace, for a fist full of credits and influence of course.
    Last edited by demonssword; 24-04-13 at 12:41. Reason: Clearing up topics

I would like to see some solid proposals to easily regain the SL lost if these changes are implemented. I also think that Oz Apt and Pepper Park apts should not be a part of this rule.

If there are no Copbots in Pepper Park who enforces the law that you cannot enter the apartment with bad SL. The only people who control Real Estate in Pepper Park is the Black Dragons. They would not give a fuck about Red SL tbh. They would probably promote you!

For this to work there needs to be an area where red sl people CAN go. IE the Jail. There need to be missions there to recoup some of the lost soul light (albeit slowly) and possibly some form of Apartment access for people who want to have Red SL and can afford to play their char in that way (IE have an apartment there for storage of stealth tools and weaponry - like Strife mentioned).
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I would like to see some solid proposals to easily regain the SL lost if these changes are implemented. I also think that Oz Apt and Pepper Park apts should not be a part of this rule.

If there are no Copbots in Pepper Park who enforces the law that you cannot enter the apartment with bad SL. The only people who control Real Estate in Pepper Park is the Black Dragons. They would not give a fuck about Red SL tbh. They would probably promote you!

For this to work there needs to be an area where red sl people CAN go. IE the Jail. There need to be missions there to recoup some of the lost soul light (albeit slowly) and possibly some form of Apartment access for people who want to have Red SL and can afford to play their char in that way (IE have an apartment there for storage of stealth tools and weaponry - like Strife mentioned).
    Please re-read the patch notes.
    Access to Apartment Access Interfaces in safe zones requires Runners to have -31 Soul Light or higher.
    If you have negative SL, there's plenty of space for you to live in Pepper Park and the Outzone.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post

But you can use your appartment in Pepper Park and so on?!
    They said SAFEZONE Appartments!

Edit: what triv said ... -.-

(you sir are more awesome)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast