Default [T#185/186] Testserver Patch Discussion

Cheers runners,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch here. The corresponding patch notes may be found here.

Slauncha,
    Alduin
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Sounds nice. Good work Devs

A few ideas for Pepper Park sector. Why not bring back the old guards in PP1 and PP2?
    For example. In Pepper Park the factions earn their money with prostitution and drugs. Why not transfer the security to Trsunami and Black Dragon like in Neocron 1? Bring back the old Tsunami guards with the flame trower

I miss the old guards in front of the headquater which came to you and swear you with drawing their guns (plasma pistols). That was really nice and if your faction symp was less than -10 the guards shot at you.

That's one suggestion. What do you think about this?

This looks very promising I can't wait to test this patch out

I don't see the point in shitting on negative SL characters even further. So you accidentally go negative SL in Pepperpark then you cant use your apt lift or GR away? You're forced to drop your rare weapon you spent weeks/months trying to obtain because you attacked someone trying to kill you? This is absolutely absurd. Why punish people for pvp even further?

EDIT: I rather enjoy playing my negative SL character(droner) and doing something that strays from the norm. It's risky and people absolutely love to hunt you down. I've lost so much gear from it, probably 2 million NC in stealth tools alone. I'd absolutely love to play a red SL tank or spy, but the massively harsh reality of losing months of work in gear makes it not worth it. I haven't killed anyone that wasn't engaged in PvP. I'm not a griefing pker just because i'm red. I shouldn't be forced to play a goody nice guy. Stop restricting game-play and broaden it. In beta we had the pker's, and we tracked and hunted them down all throughout the outzone. It's some of my fondest memories from beta, and I can still list nearly all ~10 pkers from that era.

You guys can't get the hint when players move the copbots into the pool in Plaza2? We want a place to be able to fight/spar with a safe-zone nearby, as has been NC tradition for over 10 years. We op fight when we can, and we duel when there's no op fights. It's obvious what we want, and you're going out of your way to stop it. We've suggested the game brought back to how it used to be with Plaza3 being safe and pp1 being the pvp hotspot, with no comment from what i've seen.

Sorry for language, I really appreciate you guys spending your personal time working on the game, but this "Anti-PvP" patch is just in my opinion a bad idea.

Constructive suggestions:
    Make the GR/Apt lift restrictions for Plaza/Via only.
    With the new ability to create safe-zones, make Plaza3 safe and add benches near the PP1 zoneline.
    Last edited by Strife; 24-04-13 at 01:57.

Ok, tested on Testserver.

The Message "damn! locked" if you have - SL is confusing.. Maybe you can change it?
    Like: "No Outlaw Support"
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    SNIP
    I agree with this.
    There's barely enough 'RED' activity to justify this whatsoever.

I've gone negative SL plenty of times due to the lacking in the WAR system between clans.
    (IE there are clans we are at war with, and cannot declare it through city term to prevent SL loss, like originally intended).

Why should I then be punished and restricted to idling in my APP so I can GR/Op War/Buy stuff?

With the stability of clients/new anti idling methods, gaining SL the good old hard way of sitting in outzone/your APP will be the only viable method.

(unless I get a PPU to sit on me whilst my own faction guards shoot at me and do missions.).

VERY ill thought out Dev team, nice to see you've skimmed the brainport once again.
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Finally, a dissy nerf!

An other thing I miss is the HEW Trader in Plaza 2. There are so many Crytons shops and only one-two HEW shops. Is it possible to change the Crytons shop into a HEW shop?

I don't see the point in shitting on negative SL characters even further. So you accidentally go negative SL in Pepperpark then you cant use your apt lift or GR away? You're forced to drop your rare weapon you spent weeks/months trying to obtain because you attacked someone trying to kill you? This is absolutely absurd. Why punish people for pvp even further?

EDIT: I rather enjoy playing my negative SL character(droner) and doing something that strays from the norm. It's risky and people absolutely love to hunt you down. I've lost so much gear from it, probably 2 million NC in stealth tools alone. I'd absolutely love to play a red SL tank or spy, but the massively harsh reality of losing months of work in gear makes it not worth it. I haven't killed anyone that wasn't engaged in PvP. I'm not a griefing pker just because i'm red. I shouldn't be forced to play a goody nice guy. Stop restricting game-play and broaden it. In beta we had the pker's, and we tracked and hunted them down all throughout the outzone. It's some of my fondest memories from beta, and I can still list nearly all ~10 pkers from that era.

You guys can't get the hint when players move the copbots into the pool in Plaza2? We want a place to be able to fight/spar with a safe-zone nearby, as has been NC tradition for over 10 years. We op fight when we can, and we duel when there's no op fights. It's obvious what we want, and you're going out of your way to stop it. We've suggested the game brought back to how it used to be with Plaza3 being safe and pp1 being the pvp hotspot, with no comment from what i've seen.

Sorry for language, I really appreciate you guys spending your personal time working on the game, but this "Anti-PvP" patch is just in my opinion a bad idea.

Constructive suggestions:
    Make the GR/Apt lift restrictions for Plaza/Via only.
    With the new ability to create safe-zones, make Plaza3 safe and add benches near the PP1 zoneline.

Edit #2. Not sure an AK nerf is really needed, not by 25% anyway.
    -32 soulight accidentally?

something smells fishy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The resurrection of Sentinel is upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by HkyPnky View Post
    -32 soulight accidentally?

something smells fishy
    Killing same faction on accident when you're like -5, yeah.

Killing same faction on accident when you're like -5, yeah.
    Ally not in team, accidentally clip him during fighting.
    He's at 100 SL.

You're going to have a bad time.
    Saturn

Titan

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 25-04-13 at 16:53. Reason: Trolling
    Saturn

Titan

- SL: Only Safezone / Safezone Appartment is bad for you.
    If you got a Appartment in PP3 (or another Non-Safezone) everything is okay.

Fine, no GR sucks, but you can still idle in your Appartment (in Non-Safezones) and you can pk in other zones, like Viarosso, Pepper Park.
    Or you idle in your Faction DNS - this is still possible (to hack GR to access Hacknet).

Maybe it's possible to set up these restrictions to - SL of 50 or 70?
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

I always saw red sl as an encouragement to not be too much of a dick/be careful where you shoot. If you can't handle getting shit on for being a low sl guy then don't be low sl.

Not sure about the neg sl rules disallowing gr stuff but as for the rest of it wow. what a patch. I am totally up for some testing at some stage this week.

Thank you for this one. You may have actually encouraged me back to play some more. testing first though

PS. on the sl drop thing. Killing an npc whos green will drop you a looooooooooong way down too. just saying.

Totally random thought but i can only imagine a barbie car cruising the wastes with 2 red sl peeps inside looking to kill people. Mickey and Mallory anyone?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 24-04-13 at 06:53.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast