Thumbs up WOC attribute idea

I understand WOC and its purpose. Being able to over cap is one idea, another would be to actually attach some sort of benefit to WOC levels aside from the GUN/Armor’s you can use.

My suggestion is to actually apply a skill level to the skill WOC is applied to.
    For example; Tank who caps STR and goes WOC 3 now has 103 base STR.
    Or a spy who caps DEX and is WOC 1 has 101 base DEX.

This opens the door for a lot of possible ideas/setups.
    For example a tank could get to say WOC 5 and have 105 base STR allowing him to use a CS and be able to have 4 resist chips or targeting chips ETC.

Same idea for any character; it’s basically allowing people who put massive amounts of time into a character to get to the “next level” which Neocron doesn’t have. Pretty much 70% of the server is in WOC and there is nothing left to strive for.

Some friends have replied to me and suggested additional points as well. I think this would go against the concept of the skills. Being able to have infinite points will create too high of a “weight class” of warriors. I believe the +skill is enough to benefit from and add a whole new way things can be done; similar to when we had kamikazes.

So no flame; but let the discussion begin! (GM your opinion is valuable too!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The resurrection of Sentinel is upon us.

Nein?

The REAL Walker

I do not like the idea.
    I don't want to spend the next year or two getting WoC on a PE - which is the only class that this REALLY would help.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Stealth Wipe Victim

Quote Originally Posted by HkyPnky View Post
    I understand WOC and its purpose. Being able to over cap is one idea, another would be to actually attach some sort of benefit to WOC levels aside from the GUN/Armor’s you can use.

My suggestion is to actually apply a skill level to the skill WOC is applied to.
    For example; Tank who caps STR and goes WOC 3 now has 103 base STR.
    Or a spy who caps DEX and is WOC 1 has 101 base DEX.

This opens the door for a lot of possible ideas/setups.
    For example a tank could get to say WOC 5 and have 105 base STR allowing him to use a CS and be able to have 4 resist chips or targeting chips ETC.

Same idea for any character; it’s basically allowing people who put massive amounts of time into a character to get to the “next level” which Neocron doesn’t have. Pretty much 70% of the server is in WOC and there is nothing left to strive for.

Some friends have replied to me and suggested additional points as well. I think this would go against the concept of the skills. Being able to have infinite points will create too high of a “weight class” of warriors. I believe the +skill is enough to benefit from and add a whole new way things can be done; similar to when we had kamikazes.

So no flame; but let the discussion begin! (GM your opinion is valuable too!)
    Although adding extra endgame content is always a good idea, the problem with this is that it's just adding more levels to cap, nothing else. It's not a reward for some people who put in extra effort, it is raising the bar for everyone to get to cap. If it gives an advantage in PvP, it immediately becomes necessary to compete (with an opponent of equal skill).

At the moment most people who want to PvP rush to cap, then start PvPing. If you add more levels, you are just adding to the grind, not end game content.

Plus with extra levels making different setups possible, balance becomes an issue (yes I know this needs a lot of work anyway).
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

I like the idea (since there isn't really a reason to bother with woc on a tank for example) but giving extra attributes (STR, INT etc) would be a bit to much of an advantage vrs a Non-woc player

What about extra skill points to spend instead? The gain would be smaller but the advantage over someone without would be smaller as well

Quote Originally Posted by SynC_187 View Post
    At the moment most people who want to PvP rush to cap, then start PvPing. If you add more levels, you are just adding to the grind, not end game content.
    I would say its more 60/40 weighted more to PVM lately.

It's in that same respect that I wanted to "add to the grind" as its too easy to finish a character. This can be done in as little as 24 hours.

I much prefer games with no /endgame. The story can halt but progress should be limitless.

The REAL Walker

The story can halt but progress should be limitless.
    No, no it shouldn't..
    As long as you gain ANYTHING from it, people will grind for it as fast as possible. And probably before pulling LE aswell..
    Sorry, but its a terrible idea. I and most other PvP'ers do NOT want to grind more than we already have to.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    No, no it shouldn't..
    As long as you gain ANYTHING from it, people will grind for it as fast as possible. And probably before pulling LE aswell..
    Sorry, but its a terrible idea. I and most other PvP'ers do NOT want to grind more than we already have to.

Bad idea. Woc should be cosmetic nothing more. I preferred neocron without it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Stealth Wipe Victim

I much prefer games with no /endgame. The story can halt but progress should be limitless.
    The story, the different locations, different things to do, range of weapons, armour imps etc. to try to get is the appeal. I agree giving people something to work for is needed to keep interest in the game going, but adding to the grind will not help. People will find the best place to grind and stay there longer, getting more and more bored of the game.

I'm grinding 2 droners for a constructor and researcher. I consider it a necessary evil, but what makes it bearable is that there is an end in sight. On the combat/pvp side I prefer to take my time a bit more and level slower.

If there is no end, there is no endgame for the casual gamer. A lot of us returning players now have families and responsibilities we didn't have when we first played. We don't have the time to keep up with a continuous grind to keep viable.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Bad idea. Woc should be cosmetic nothing more. I preferred neocron without it.
    Yeah, cosmetic and for prestige. Something to do for the end game. Not a requirement for PvP.

Not to mention the unending balancing issues if people had variations on the 5 skills.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"