Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Make Neocron an FPS!!!

fps stands for first person shooter. i doubt that many (pvp) players actually play in 1st instead 3rd person view. this is not wow! for me this is a major reason not to partake in pvp at all.

As previously mentioned I am against this. Not due to PvP, because I don't PvP, but more because of general overview. It's easier to see things, the camera moves nice and smoothly and I like to see my own character.

However; since this is classed as an MMOFPS, I can imagine that at some point there could be the decision that this must be 1st person only (which I don't think will happen).

If this does happen, I would have only 3 requests;

1. Please increase the camera height, so that we aren't looking out of our rib cages

2. Provide us with a smooth mouse like in 3rd person view

3. Vehicles must also be 1st person

Some points of thought:

Removing the 3rd person view greatly reduces the roleplaying side of this game. This is an MMO and people like to interact by hanging out together in bars. Here you like to see yourself and others sitting at a table or using emote animations.

You see this in many other MMO(RPG) games.

Removing 3rd person view removes this feature entirely since you can only see yourself 1st person. People will stop using emotes
    Last edited by SilentEye; 23-04-13 at 12:56.

the general overview... yes that's the main reason why people want that. ofc... it's only logical, because it makes the game easier. a fov option (at least for the ini) is a requirement for any serious fps anyway and helps with the overview. it should be capped at 110 though. the smoothed mouse is actually something i hate about the 3rd person view and i think it's not so easy to include that into 1st person either, but ofc i don't care if it's optional.

vehicles in 1st person would be interesting as well, yes.

So to clarify, your request to remove 3rd person view mainly thrives from the claimed advantage in PvP, correct?

basically yes.

For me this wouldn't be sufficient reason to have it removed though, since everyone has the option to use it, it can hardly be recognized as an advantage.

In my opinion there are more negative things to removing the option than to keep it. Don't you think?

PvPer which are using 3rd person only are usually not that good.

In OP-Fights you will have to switch several times between the views. Chasing enemies is sometimes easier while in first person. Trying to hit a rezzing ppu is sometimes easier in first person, since some of your clanmates might also shoot and you don't want to hit them.

The 3rd person view of neocron greately enhances the gameplay and I do not want to see that changed.

The REAL Walker

That is by far one of the most stupid idea's Ive seen on this forum..
    Yes, I mainly use 3rd person view, but I actually know of several people who only use 1st person. And they PvP aswell..
    Honestly I doubt I would even be playing, if it was 1st person only.. Then it would just feel like any other damn FPS out there (only waaay worse)..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

[edited]
    Last edited by Baldur; 23-04-13 at 16:38. Reason: flaming
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    That is by far one of the most stupid idea's Ive seen on this forum..
    Yes, I mainly use 3rd person view, but I actually know of several people who only use 1st person. And they PvP aswell..
    Honestly I doubt I would even be playing, if it was 1st person only.. Then it would just feel like any other damn FPS out there (only waaay worse)..
    actually mmos are almost ALL 3rd person. neocron claims to be the one and only MMOFPS when in reallty people are just laming in 3rd person easy mode.

[edited]
    Last edited by Baldur; 23-04-13 at 16:59. Reason: spam
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

[delete]

I swing with the idea.

If ppl like the TPS feel so muh, how about just removing targeting mechanics from it?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

The issue is the 'spring' that the camera has when moving, making things more fluid and easier to handle in third person. If the third person view moved in the same way as it does in other games, there wouldn't be so much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    The issue is the 'spring' that the camera has when moving, making things more fluid and easier to handle in third person. If the third person view moved in the same way as it does in other games, there wouldn't be so much of a problem.
    hmm... i never even thought of that. i just think it gives you an unfair advantage by giving you a far better oversight and people in first person generally don't know what's going on anywhere but in front of them. you can of course argue that to even the play field, that everyone who wants to have the same advantage should just use 3rd person as well, which is of course completely beside the point of an fps. whoever doesn't want to play "just another fps" you shouldn't play necron imho, because that's exactly what it's supposed to be. as i already stated almost every other mmo is 3rd person.

as for people who like to see their characters... i'm sure there would be ways to implement a way so you can see yourself. like standing still and not being damaged for a certain period of time. the camera could rotate around your char, something along those lines?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast