Default Game Performance

Hey does anyone know what settings other than the ingame detail settings can be modified to give better FPS? I have a great video card but even on lowest detail I still get mouselag when the FPS dips below 60....I know the INIs are editable but I don't know which fields and files to edit....Thanks.

IMHO thats normal some people can get 90+ but they get wierd lag and fps lags..

I have a powerfull pc to but also get around 60 FPS or sometimes a bit less.. its Neocron.. its a feature

ye the game tanks pretty hard sometimes. especially in caves when you hit multiple targets with aoe... i think the decals (e.g. blood spatters, rocket impact, ...) are to blame big time for that. also neocron can utilize only one cpu and does so heavily. i sadly don't have anything to say ot really. i just don't know, but my mouse generally stays responsive. maybe try windowed mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozencrath View Post
    Hey does anyone know what settings other than the ingame detail settings can be modified to give better FPS? I have a great video card but even on lowest detail I still get mouselag when the FPS dips below 60....I know the INIs are editable but I don't know which fields and files to edit....Thanks.
    I guess ur running an ati card with gcn architecture. Ive got the same Problem. Actually its not rly a Problem^^ Its just the Clocks dropping down to desktop idle settings. So basically the driver doesnt really recognize neocron as a 3d application or whatever^^
    Havent got a solution yet either tho=P
    maybe sth that can be fixed by the dev team...
    or maybe a driver issue...

greetz, ulx

edit:

clocks of 300/150 even make a 7970 studder

edit2:

btw if i alt-tab and back the game runs at solid 60 fps until the clocks go down again