Default Idle PSI animation

Hi,

Currently the idle PSI animation is hands down.

I would like to suggest to put this back as it was in NC1. While you have your PSI spell ready your hand should be up.

This would result in several improvements in overall gameplay;

You'd be better aware that you have a spell equipped.

Some casts take longer than the casting animation (resurrection, resist buff) and while the animation plays, it finishes with your hand up in the air (and with up in the air I don't mean the one where you point it high up, but after that, it returns to a resting state with the hand up). But then when the animation fully stops it returns to the idle animation which is hands down.

Making it so that your hands stays up would remove the weird animation look (because it just doesn't make sense to be casting something like resurrection while both your hands are down).

And also it would look nicer while you are 'standing ready'.

Can we change this? Should be relatively easy!

Side note: You should do this for pistol also, get rid of the hands infront of you idle animation
    Last edited by SilentEye; 22-04-13 at 10:33.

Agree.

Trick: Equip flashlight and run around in 3rd person until the zone reset. Models will disappear briefly (including you) and when you reappear, you will be holding the flashlight nc1-style with your arm up. (instead of arm down at side). holding the flashlight with the arm down at your side is ugly.

I believe it was a problem with the nc2 model itself's skeleton stances. if you look closely, the arms do shift a tiny bit when equipping a 1-h item (psi spell, pistol, flashlight, melee), but the modeler was seemingly unaware of what that stance was supposed to represent and made another "arms down" pose. Fixing that specific pose would do it. Of course, that is easier said than done. If it truly is skeleton-based then it is possible that only the skeletal animation set could be altered and re-imported without touching the models. (although I believe the models themselves should be drastically improved also but that's another thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo View Post
    Agree.

Trick: Equip flashlight and run around in 3rd person until the zone reset. Models will disappear briefly (including you) and when you reappear, you will be holding the flashlight nc1-style with your arm up. (instead of arm down at side). holding the flashlight with the arm down at your side is ugly.

I believe it was a problem with the nc2 model itself's skeleton stances. if you look closely, the arms do shift a tiny bit when equipping a 1-h item (psi spell, pistol, flashlight, melee), but the modeler was seemingly unaware of what that stance was supposed to represent and made another "arms down" pose. Fixing that specific pose would do it. Of course, that is easier said than done. If it truly is skeleton-based then it is possible that only the skeletal animation set could be altered and re-imported without touching the models. (although I believe the models themselves should be drastically improved also but that's another thing)
    Was there any improvement? i think modifications in skeletal animation is bit difficult

I would like to see some form of little glowing animation around the glove personally, you know like some little crackling animation but that's purely aesthetic.

I do not honestly think I have ever noticed the difference tbh from NC1 to NC2. I would love to see more animations on all of the guns to be honest - blinking LEDs and the like but again it is purely for aesthetic purposes.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"