The STD clan ranks werent really meant to be witter or clever, they just fit with the theme of the clan acronym. I'm fine with "rotting vagina" not being allowed as a clan rank because it's just gross, i'm not fine with clan ranks being changed because a naughty word was in them.

My guess is the STD names thing falls under this rule

1. You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.

Someone who has the condition may feel like we are mocking them by having that as a rank.

As for other names...
    "Captain-Sausage Jockey" I would say is as bad as "Alpha Gay", if "Alpha Gay" was considered taboo. As are ranks like "Deep Throat", "Im the clans fluffer" & "BUKKAKE RECIEVER" all in FF. Sorry for picking on FF again but you have enough quick ones to target ATM while SXR seem to have vanished what had such gems as "I like my face un-fucked" & more notable on this topic "Dont fuck with Mcduck" what as I satirically pointed out I didn't want to imagine a beloved Disney character having sex, but in the terminology used it would imply that you shouldn't 'mess with' or 'annoy' McDuck.

IF a line needs to be drawn on this it needs to be a straight line rather than the current one that seems to curve around and randomly pick on some while ignoring others that could seem to be equally offensive. Though I cant see that some are offensive that have been given a slap on the wrist for.

Any word on the clarification of clan rank cans and cannots Triv?

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

We'll reply formally as soon as we can. It's not been forgotten (far from it).
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Any word on the clarification of clan rank cans and cannots Triv?
    Not as yet. Discussions are still under way regarding the best way to move forward for everyone involved. Should we decide to publish any changes, they need to be as clear cut as possible to reduce any support overhead. Less time dealing with this kind of thing going forward = more time for development.

EDIT: Or what Nid said
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks for the reply guys. I just want to be clear on what is acceptable. The ingame mail was quite accusatory as if we were purposely breaking the rules.

When Neocron starts preaching the merits and encouraging safe sex is when I believe STD clan ranks are unacceptable.

I think eNTI is so mad about the ranks purely out of hatred of the people, not the ranks.
    This is the kind of 'bending of the rules catering for player harassment' which DemonSword is hinting about.
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    (...) i find it odd to call yourself like sexual diseases. this is rather disgusting and is simply devoid of taste. by that, i can clearly understand why it's below a certain standard... (...)
    Now following Enti's logic, names such as "landmines" should also be disallowed, because landmine's usage are internationally viewed as a Crime of War and they are nasty devices and ... blablabla

By now you must get the point.

I don't understand why a NPC such a Bukkake-Girl-in-OZ-Church can be, yet a clan rank like hepatitis cannot.

Things such as :
    "I'm catholic and a girl receiving bukkake in a "church" is completely against my beliefs and I view this as offensive, both on a sexual and religious point of view".

Clearly what is going on here is that part of the player base complains about systematically everything an enemy clan does, that includes making false hack accusation, ROC breach accusations, and so on.

The worst about it is that the DEV team gives in to those demands, efficiently helping certain clans harrass other clans. There seems to be a lack of judgement somewhere guys, as giving in any/every whinners/enemy clan harrassers demand is simply stupid.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

i'm not even in a clan and i don't care for the names. i don't find them offensive, just stupid. i know that there are people who will take offence and complain. you clearly are coming across like a bunch of teenagers who think it's cool to give yourself stupid and probably offensive name, title, whatever.

you are making a fuss and to what end?

you are taking away precious time from development. it comes just after cheating and exploiting. it's a pointless waste of everyone's time and that is the really offensive thing. you are nitpicking about rules, wordings and perceptions, which might just be more trolling. why can't you enjoy a free meal while not shitting on the free meal of others?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Not as yet. Discussions are still under way regarding the best way to move forward for everyone involved. Should we decide to publish any changes, they need to be as clear cut as possible to reduce any support overhead. Less time dealing with this kind of thing going forward = more time for development.

EDIT: Or what Nid said
    This has happened to several clans not just STD.

I just want to make a friendly reminder.. There are pictures of Vagina's opening and closing all over pepper park. Breasts and skimpy underwear are worn on NPC's.

Mr Jones quests as well as many other quests in-game use the words Fuck and sex and even bukakke. ETC ETC.

I know this game is rated 16+ but its already build with content that makes it 18+.

I understand some names may be outlandish but EX:"Don't fuck with mcduck" and some others I doubt should be removed.

Now I agree with some rework of specific names; just don't forget we are in 2755 and curtsy is a long out the window. Its a brutal badlands filled with spiteful (npc's) and bad air. Who would be happy and not spew profanity in an environment like this...

Edit: I do agree that personal attacks are not welcome in NC. You don't threaten someone's family in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The resurrection of Sentinel is upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i'm not even in a clan and i don't care for the names. i don't find them offensive, just stupid. i know that there are people who will take offence and complain. you clearly are coming across like a bunch of teenagers who think it's cool to give yourself stupid and probably offensive name, title, whatever.

you are making a fuss and to what end?

you are taking away precious time from development. it comes just after cheating and exploiting. it's a pointless waste of everyone's time and that is the really offensive thing. you are nitpicking about rules, wordings and perceptions, which might just be more trolling. why can't you enjoy a free meal while not shitting on the free meal of others?
    Don't make out like we are 'trolling' with these names.
    The acronym was born with having disease like ranks.

The only reason time is being taken away from development to change ranks is not our fault/problem. They have just imposed these half cooked rules for whom they please. Note we have had these titles since we started on Titan - without a single word or warning.

So with all due respect; shut up about things you clearly know nothing about.
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

Quote Originally Posted by PsiCorps View Post
    Don't make out like we are 'trolling' with these names.
    The acronym was born with having disease like ranks.

The only reason time is being taken away from development to change ranks is not our fault/problem. They have just imposed these half cooked rules for whom they please. Note we have had these titles since we started on Titan - without a single word or warning.

So with all due respect; shut up about things you clearly know nothing about.
    you clearly took those names with either no thought at all, or you wanted to piss some people off. either way you had it coming. i say it again. i don't care for the names, i really don't. i care that you are making a fuss about them, when you should know better (be it from historical facts) that they could possibly get you into trouble. now you got your trouble and you're refusing to accept how the rules are interpreted. you are shitting on everyone's head because you think your stupid names are more important than development time.

Actually Faid of SXR brought up the topic I was the one who commented first that STD was also affected by the same thing however as far as I know we were not asked to change, but all of them were just changed to "I WAS HERE", and that other clans are or were or maybe will be as well.

Its pretty simple situation as always the jealous idiots on the server complained about STD ranks so it starts off a Vicious circle and now everyone reports insulting ranks and its complete BS that the GM's are now saying er well some may be ok.......lol....... its Simple you remove all of it!! seriously you put in a rule and enforce it stick to your guns tbh.

Enti please stop posting unintelligent drivel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast