And what of the age-old tradition of shittalking you enemies? How about people learn to use the ignore function? It takes alot to be good at shittalking and i find it great to read and partake. We cannot allow carebears to bann people because they got their feelings hurt. Ignore those who offend you and stop enforcing blanket rules onto everyone else. The remedy should be specific to the source. The source is butthurt sensitive people who have an ignore function.

Clan ranks? If it is personally offensive to a particular person this might be a issue. Name your rank....Arista Barret is a cock and I would be highly honored. Id love to see that. So let the guy who is offended complain to a GM tbh.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 23-04-13 at 12:30. Reason: You have 30 minutes in which to edit posts. Use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    lol. The game has pussy pics in pepper park and you cant say FUCK?
    Even better, if you go in to DOY you have posters with "FUCK REZA!" on them.

TBH some of this stinks of pushing the boundaries just to find out where the boundary is. I personally don't shit talk people in OOC and stuff often, however a lot of my clan mates do. In a lot of cases you could argue the case of "It's not slander if its true." stuff in what some people say.

For instance if you learn that a particular clan always falls apart if a certain player or couple of players aren't on or die in an op fight. Then you can rightly call out that they are shit without XXX on their team.
    Or if a particular clan only fights when they have 2X+ the numbers of who ever they are going against yet clans to fight under a banner of only wanting a good fight. If they then lose in a 15vs7 fight I think the 7 have earned the right to call them out on it as well.
    Or if a clan claims it has a bedtime of 10-11pm because its members have work tomorrow, but this only seems to apply when they are losing. If they are winning they have gone to 1am before on a weeknight.

As I have said before the TeamSpeak server of STD is much more of a battleground than what gets onto OOC with us shit talking about each other, especially when I blow up our own guys with a revenge, even if taking down 2-3 enemies at the same time. But we will also be dissing other clans during the fights we have on voice coms as well.

SOOOO on to the clan ranks bit. Many ranks aren't offensive even if they contain swearwords or names of diseases or whatever, and as I said before with the rules saying that you cant use any sexually explicit language in a game full of hookers, prostitutes, drug dealing and taking, gambling open gang violence.
    Its just a thing were the rules need a looking at and sensible amendments or modifications to the rules may need to be made. It was probably the case that before they couldn't sell the game or charge a sub fee for games containing XYZ things in them.
    Much like the Australian video gaming commission ended up leaving a load of games "unrated" what meant you couldn't actually buy a copy of the game or import it in to their country. I think some of the games were like GTA or something equally weak.
    So some of these rules may have been their just to satisfy gaming regulatory committees at the time.
    Last edited by demonssword; 23-04-13 at 13:14. Reason: kinda derailing topic so needed to put something constuctive in.

I remember an official answer back in the old days that clan ranks were basically "FFA", but that might have changed now.

self edited for fear of banhammer
    Last edited by Arista Barret; 23-04-13 at 12:49.

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    Let me get this straight: someone was not allowed to have a title indicating gayness? Wow, looks like Germany learned nothing from World War II! (or too much)

This paints a pretty ugly picture; I hope someone will shed some light that clears things up.
    believe it or not, but calling someone gay who isn't, is considered an actual offense. in case you living on the moon or something you might not have realized that a lot of words, that are not "swear words" in their own right, are used to insult people. context is important and if you don't realize that you should try and pull your head out of your arse. there's rainbow world and there's reality and the devs/mods have to deal with reality [ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 23-04-13 at 13:18. Reason: Flaming in response to a troll

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    believe it or not, but calling someone gay who isn't, is considered an actual offense. in case you living on the moon or something you might not have realized that a lot of words, that are not "swear words" in their own right, are used to insult people. context is important and if you don't realize that you should try and pull your head out of your arse. there's rainbow world and there's reality and the devs/mods have to deal with reality [ edited ]
    I don't get it. How is having a rank title with "gay" in it calling someone gay? Unless the clan member is having that rank forced upon them, but even then, I don't know why they wouldn't just leave the clan at that point.

I don't get it. How is having a rank title with "gay" in it calling someone gay? Unless the clan member is having that rank forced upon them, but even then, I don't know why they wouldn't just leave the clan at that point.
    for sake of the argument i'öö give you the benefit of the doubt of being really that naive, or maybe you're just trying to play extra dumb to make a point. whatever the case, they are clearly using those titles to get some kind of reaction from people and it obviously works. they are trolling their enemies by "calling themselves names". it's a very prevalent pvp mentality. it's rather childish and displays utter disregard to anyone who really is (in this case) gay. it shows a general lack of respect. even if this is NOT the case many people will see it that way and the devs should not have to waste their time defending themselves because some idiots cant keep their dicks in their pants. would you rather have them discuss thoses non-issues or squash bugs?

This is utter bullshit.

I can understand it's not allowed to insult/harrass people with in-game comms, but disallowing Clan Ranks like "hepatitis and AIDS", is not only completely ridiculous, it's falling outside of the scope of your ROC.

Nowhere in there does it state "real-world disease's name" as being target of language restrictions.

That anybody can find that offensive and reports is obviously the part where harassment happens, you guys (DEV team) are really short-sighted if you don't see the big picture.

Seeing how you want to police Player Editable game content doesn't help anyone acheive anything, you're simply wasting everyone's time, and helping some players harrass others in the process.

You should really retract on you current moderation position, it's OK to be wrong and to admit it.

Man up FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    for sake of the argument i'öö give you the benefit of the doubt of being really that naive, or maybe you're just trying to play extra dumb to make a point. whatever the case, they are clearly using those titles to get some kind of reaction from people and it obviously works. they are trolling their enemies by "calling themselves names". it's a very prevalent pvp mentality. it's rather childish and displays utter disregard to anyone who really is (in this case) gay. it shows a general lack of respect. even if this is NOT the case many people will see it that way and the devs should not have to waste their time defending themselves because some idiots cant keep their dicks in their pants. would you rather have them discuss thoses non-issues or squash bugs?
    Okay I think I'm starting to get it, but still, there needs to be a line drawn somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    This is utter bullshit.

I can understand it's not allowed to insult/harrass people with in-game comms, but disallowing Clan Ranks like "hepatitis and AIDS", is not only completely ridiculous, it's falling outside of the scope of your ROC.

Nowhere in there does it state "real-world disease's name" as being target of language restrictions.

That anybody can find that offensive and reports is obviously the part where harassment happens, you guys (DEV team) are really short-sighted if you don't see the big picture.

Seeing how you want to police Player Editable game content doesn't help anyone acheive anything, you're simply wasting everyone's time, and helping some players harrass others in the process.

You should really retract on you current moderation position, it's OK to be wrong and to admit it.

Man up FFS.
    or... how about you GROW UP and just don't cross certain lines, that every adult has long since figured out and has no need to test out any more like some punk ass teenager? there's simply no benefit to being rude for the sake of being pain in the ass. i really only care for the devs limited time. i don't mind punk ass stupid teenager behavior. i've accepted it as a part of life. also, you can't play any pvp oriented game without stumbling about this crap.

Okay I think I'm starting to get it, but still, there needs to be a line drawn somewhere.
    i don't think you really can define that line. i'd use common sense and in harsh cases just expect a (temp) ban. because some people always try to outdo others in every aspect. even in being stupid cunts.

since we are already doing this, i can only stress that people need to moderate themselves to a sane degree and i know how hard that is the testosterone driven pvp community.
    Last edited by eNTi; 23-04-13 at 16:40.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Look, contrary to popular belief we do have some standards. There may be some discussion to be had with regards to occasional profanity but we're not going to tolerate material like that.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Well, on the one hand its good to see, that the times of ooc going WAY overboard are prone to be over (During times where it seemed noone cared what happened on the servers).
    I think we all have seen shit spoken out during the darker days of NC that definately didnt belong there, however, Warnings should only apply with individuals being offended.
    The clanranks of STD seemed to me like the perfectly normal MoFo Bullcrap we are (should be) used by nc.
    And whoever called himself alpha gay surely is fine with his own gayness and censoring that implies the Censor has his own issues with gayness...xD
    Anyways, this will most likely lead to even more trouble if crap like that is being censored already.
    It will just encourage troublemakers to seek for every bit of going overboard by individuals (which they want to get banned ofc).
    I have a few names in mind there already...
    And btw imo Kids shouldnt be playing this game^^ A lot of us were Kids when we played Neocron back then, but i wonder if theres really children playing this game.
    However, some ppl never grow up...especially in a GAME.

my 2 cents

greetz, ulx

edit: Actually when do i get a pm to change my sig for being offensive?^^

Ok not trolling, I'm just trying to grasp your general logic here, so we can avoid to have you guys waste more time with us.

What part of hepatitis is "wrong by your standards" ?

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

this is all said in my Steven A Smith voice...those of u who dont know who that is, youtube him

ok, so "alpha gay" and "dont fuck with mcduck" ok sooooo "ALPHA GAY" in context means essentially king gay. he's calling himself king of the gays. that i guess would offend someone who thinks THEY are in fact the king of gays. point taken, faid changed his clanrank.

Now "dont fuck with mcduck"...hmmm the words dont, with, and mcduck are all words that by themselves wouldnt/shouldnt offend anyone, would everyone agree? I mean they are words when used by themselves mean almost nothing. but when a verb or action word is added, it now gives the phrase an actual meaning. The word used in this case is "fuck" now everyone knows the word "fuck" is slang for sex. In nc the word sex is intertwined into the core parts of the game world. There's a sex emote, same for a fuck emote. Sex is the universal greeting in NC! but does "dont SEX with mcduck" and dont FUCK with mcduck" mean the same thing? OF COURSE NOT!!! So context is what we are lookng for here. So am I wrong to assume that the GM who found the clanrank offensive just didnt understand the term in question? Because the ONLY person who could EVER be offended by "dont FUCK with MCDUCK" would be scrooge mcduck who OH BY THE WAY asked for the clan rank himself :/

the defense rest!
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

i actually find "don't fuck with mcduck" quite clever. it's not even offensive in any way shape or form. this is not even borderline offensive. regarding "alpha gay" i guess people in the gay community more often than not choose to be offended, because they want to be offended. just my thoughts on that.
    even though i find THOSE phrases utterly harmless, i find it odd to call yourself like sexual diseases. this is rather disgusting and is simply devoid of taste. by that, i can clearly understand why it's below a certain standard... and it causes everyone a headache. now instead of getting bug fixes, proper balance and updated visuals, we get long discussions if something might be appropriate or not. pick your poison...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast