Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What would improve Neocron the most?

Dear Community,

Since our tenure began around this time last year, we have worked on a number of improvements to your Neocron experience. To continue this we have a number of initiatives planned/in progress to take this even further.

We enjoy reading and discussing your Brainport suggestions and are also incredibly thankful for your bug reports - keep this up, your input is invaluable!

Today we'd like to take this a little further to address some of the key issues that may remain, that we may not currently have on our radar. The over arching question is a simple one;

What two things would improve the Neocron experience for you the most?

We'd like as many answers to this question as possible, so please take a moment to reflect on your general Neocron experience and provide your personal thoughts. This is an anything goes playing field so no matter how small you think your thought might be, raise it.

Please do not discuss any of the answers in this thread, any responses which deviate from this will be deleted without warning. If you'd like to sound off regarding other responses, a thread for that is available here.

Please note a balancing project, adjustments to the Law Enforcer and adjustments to the Soullight system are already being worked on internally. So please choose something else.

Play fair and have fun,
    Your Neocron Support Team
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

1. One more action bar with 10 slots, with assignable keyboard shortcuts for each slot, just like the main one.
    2. Player's market (public auction house).

- Old style (nc1 pre genrep/ug lock patch) op war system without underground locks.
    - either relocate the p2 entrance copbots or make plaza a safezone so pvp goes back to pp1 which is much more suitable in the games context.

Poke me baby, one more time!

Only two things it's not enough ^^.
    But for me it could be two simple things :

1. Redesigning every texture (i'm really bad in this domain, but i think an upscale or something could be at least more than enough)
    2. Less zoning, at least in wasteland. Melting zone four by four or nine by nine (could be too much work).
    I have an "idea" for everything link to op and warzone, but i don't know how the game is make and if it could be hard to realise.

There are so much other things to suggest, could we make more than one post in this thread ?

1. Unique clan targeting color selection. Being able to designate other clans using different colors so you can distinguish between clans you have an alliance with and clans who you are at war with regardless of faction.

2. New Items (specifically aesthetic items). Different color woc pa's (white woc ppu pa). Woc 2 and 3 items, design a new apartment. Have these new items be rare part drops even the new apartment. Have all high level mobs drop parts (y-reps, doy bot etc..) Add a new ultra rare slot enhancer that guarantee's 1 slot on a rare weapon, make it a random world drop (really really low drop rate). This would give people incentive to do things when there is no pvp happening. New trophy's would fall under this category as well.

1. more zones. a bigger map. new territories for exploring.

2. a clan war system, so you could legally kill anyone anywhere in a clan you're at war with. exception: apartments, headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    2. New Items (specifically aesthetic items). Different color woc pa's (white woc ppu pa). Woc 2 and 3 items, design a new apartment. Have these new items be rare part drops even the new apartment. Have all high level mobs drop parts (y-reps, doy bot etc..) Add a new ultra rare slot enhancer that guarantee's 1 slot on a rare weapon, make it a random world drop (really really low drop rate). This would give people incentive to do things when there is no pvp happening. New trophy's would fall under this category as well.

This. So much need this and I don't think it would be too much work to put and it would make the game so much better. I agree that the rarity system should be there, but maybe for aesthetics like Faid said. You really, really want the players to be able to be geared up (1/2 slots rares) to fight as soon as they can.

My opinion is Neocron has such a huge potential for PvE that I think with some rework it will really improve the game for newcomers and others.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

1: Rare weapons should always have one quaranteed slot.
    Lots of stuff was added to rare pool and parts are not random (fact is, that some parts are LOT rarer than others), causes the fact, that getting the parts and building an pvp weapon is VERY hard. It should quarantee atleast one slot.

Even thou balancing is being done, i have to say this.
    2: Fix Disruptor.
    I'm sure there is lots of us who share this opinion. No matter what you do, but if dissy ain't fixed in next patches ( ie, in max 2 months), you lose players. PVP is so stupid atm. Dissy can kill anything in few seconds. It's just not fun.
    Finnish Gimp

1. Balancing (like Critinator: the Disruptor ) and make APU more useable in PvP again.
    2. Put timer on UG so that you can enter again after a certain time
    3. Fix rare part drop (like faid said)
    4. Rare Minirocketlauncher pistol
    5. Add access list to appartements: allow other players to enter appartment and access the cabinets.
    6. Improve slot system not be only that random (building 10 weapons 0 slot, another time 3 slot on first construct, and so on).
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 15-04-13 at 11:47.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

Besides running a new Neocron on a new engine.. those would be my 2 wishes from reading the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe View Post
    1. One more action bar with 10 slots, with assignable keyboard shortcuts for each slot, just like the main one.
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Satan2k2 View Post
    5. Add access list to appartements: allow other players to enter appartment and access the cabinets.
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by LeoPump View Post
    *4)* Chartransfers ;>
    /signed x1000

*uppps* - that makes it 3

Off-Topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post
    sort functions for Genrep list
    This is working since 2004, no?

Br Morph

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

I've been thinking about what I could choose for a few days but even though it's already been said,
    1. Has to be, Balancing, weapon damage, resists and mob damage. This is without question the biggest thing that's holding back potential variety in the game.

2. An over haul of the OP system. No locked GR's. Zone protection changed. Plaza safe, PP back to being the fight line. Guards rank 50 or 60. HQ's raidable again.

The extremely unlikely choice was: A game engine upgrade. I feel like its something that's holding back what the devs can do quite a bit.
    Also potentially it would allow for things like clustering of zones.

1. Redo outposts remove all undergrounds make the hack term building larger with doors that need to be hacked to gain access. After door is hacked to hack term it will open after a set period of time.(counting as one of the hacks needed to take control of the outpost) In the new larger hackterm buildings place a gr for the owning clan that will work till the hackterm doors open.Allowing any traeskillers that might be working at the outpost to escape.All grs would always be open allowing the defending clan to group and get to the outpost in a timely manner.

2.no idea

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

New game engine.... *cough* unity *cough*

Could call it Neocron: Unleashed

*meekly pops his head in*

Uh... Hi. I um... am new here, and I don't know much about the game... But:

1. Please improve the MC-5 starter experience, kind of like the way Mr. Jones is set up. I don't know how to finish that area, let alone if it's worth doing. What would be kind of nice is to get some starter money, and maybe some really low level Kevlar armor, just so that the sewers don't hurt you that quickly... And you have an incentive to complete it. People avoid the MC-5 new area like it's plagued, and new players find it almost impossible to do. If it really isn't worth fixing... Then please provide a Gen Rep that can be used free inside the base, with one person saying "If you're feeling better, you best head on out of here. This Genetic Replicator is programmed to take you to your apartment. Take it easy, and don't mess with that chip."

Should be easy to do... And either or would help. A new player, like me, really didn't know what a Gen rep did when I found it in the game until someone told me to use it to leave that area.

2. Uhm... Maybe put in some new textures for the sky? It's very drab and lifeless, and the sun clips out during a sunrise... Was very sad.

3. Maybe... Instead of bad weapons in the store... Could they be just a bit better? Fair, or mediocre? So that there's incentive for someone to work on it, but you could use it in a pinch. It just seems odd that a store like Archer Wesson would sell bad weapons that you would need to get immediately changed. At least have the option of using a store bought weapon...

4. A personal bank that's shared between characters of the same account? They have that in other games... And it seems to work well. Or maybe just a footlocker in your house you can designate who can access and who can't, and wouldn't despawn the contents.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by fatbackwards View Post
    That would be very nice, yes. And I do believe that it is in the works? Or at least it is planned to improve.

The weird thing about having played this game for as long as most of us have.. I havent noticed that, at all..

I definitely agree on this. Making the weapons have stats at about 80-90, but without slots would do a lot IMO.
    And you are very right, that it just seems wrong that a store like A&W sells crappy weapons.

I believe that this has been suggested before. I have no idea if it is in the works or even possible though.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast