Default [PvP|RP] (reactivate?) Clan function to declare wars

Hi Community,

in the light of recent events I propose to
    reactivate or make the clan function to declare wars possible.

Currently it's possile to declare a war only as RP functionality.

But I think it should influence the ingame colours of clans (or factions, players)
    and help us to distinguish the own clan members from the other players of the same
    faction or alliance. (Please spare me from "skill,n00b,..."-flames)

What's ur ideas to the topic?

regards,
    Kane Gregory
    <:>:<:>:<:>:<:>:<:>
    [Last Generation - Chief Administrative Officer]

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

Agree

You should have the function of a clan which has received a declaration of war, the Outpost no longer allowed to enter (Genrep, Underground), even though it belongs to a friendly faction, but everyone else has, so far as the security settings allow this.

Example:
    CA Clan X has war with DRE Clan Y.
    DRE Clan Y can't use Genrep/Underground from CA Clan X, but DRE Clan B can.

Would be really nice.
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Given the current state of the factions relations to one another, it's hard to pick a faction to which all current enemy OP waring clans will be red. Always a faction or 2 that will be neutral or green.

I bet the coding behind clan war is too shitty to allow for easy tweaking. This is probably why it never got changed/updated in 10 years.

A valid option would be to CHANGE CLAN SETTINGS and add :

- permanent team status
    - no SL//FS loss/gain within clan
    - unique clan color

Clanmates are automatically teamed. It includes a permanent marker for all clan members, completely independent from F10.
    Also they do not lose/gain SL/FS from killing clanmates, and this in all sectors. This is mainly also because it exists in the current team features so it would carryover here, to keep coding simple.
    Lastly the Clan Team has its own color, based on HUD color setting.

I think this might be an overall easier to implement feature than updating the clan wars, and would offer a fix to current allied/neutral OP waring issues. I dont think it would affect any aspect pf the game in a negative way either.

This would definitely help especially in OP wars.

We attended an OP war yesterday where everyone (2 other clans) was neutral faction status to us. We had an alliance with one of the neutral clans and we were fighting against the other neutral clan. Needless to say things got a bit messy at points.

I think Kame's unique clan color idea would be great and could really help to clear up some of the confusion. Maybe have clan leaders designate what color they want other clans to show up as and have it so it can be changed for new allies or enemy's.

Yep +1 for kames unique clan or even own faction colour.

So maybe Red = Enemy, White = Neutral, Green = Allied, Gold = Faction or Clan whatever is decided.

I forgot to mention the rules for opening belts could carry over as well.

- permanent team status
    - unique clan color
    - unlocked belts

faid, please stop trolling, this is about a suggestion, not about your op fight yesterday, completely off topic, and uncalled for

Quote Originally Posted by Arzon View Post
    faid, please stop trolling, this is about a suggestion, not about your op fight yesterday, completely off topic, and uncalled for
    What's the matter with you? Faid's response was very much on topic and had good points in it.

Weird post this Arzon..

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Arzon View Post
    Eeeerh.. Okay..? How was that not on topic?

Anyways, All very good ideas Kame!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Im not sure if making other clan's color show as its own to others, or even if a color choice would be feasible since the later would requires changing the clan key menu or the clanadmin menu and the former perhaps variable that doesnt exists.

Just making it so you see your own clan a special color would be a huge improvement, and is a change that can be incorporated client side so i suspect overall easier to implement.
    Last edited by Kame; 14-04-13 at 04:52.

Just making it so you see your own clan a special color would be a huge improvement, and is a change that can be incorporated client side so i suspect overall easier to implement.
    This would be awesome.

Yeah I think it's easier to implement a unique color for the own clan which can be edited in the
    rposcolor.ini

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    A valid option would be to CHANGE CLAN SETTINGS and add :

- permanent team status
    - unique clan color

Clanmates are automatically teamed. It includes a permanent marker for all clan members, completely independent from F10.
    Also they do not lose/gain SL/FS from killing clanmates, and this in all sectors. This is mainly also because it exists in the current team features so it would carryover here, to keep coding simple.
    Lastly the Clan Team has its own color, based on HUD color setting.

I think this might be an overall easier to implement feature than updating the clan wars, and would offer a fix to current allied/neutral OP waring issues. I dont think it would affect any aspect pf the game in a negative way either.
    These are great ideas on top of the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    These are great ideas on top of the OP
    Not really a reason for full quote :|

But I agree.
    Last edited by Kane Gregory; 14-04-13 at 11:17.

I realize I completely derailed the topic of this thread.

Please move my post to its own thread perhaps, to let this thread here follow its course, thanks.