I appreciate all the concerns in regard to my well being

Don't worry though! I'll continue to hold little events. Yesterday we held the Venture Warp and it becomes apparent to me that people much more like the settings where they don't need to commit to anything, indeed, especially 2 weeks in advance with a fee.

You could say that my approach was wrong on this one, but I had thought initially that giving people enough time to plan this ahead, it would be better rather than holding it on short notice.

Instead, I would commit faster on Jest's mentioned approach. Make it smaller, and just shout out people to come around as you start it, it works better

We usually broadcast NeoCast with approximately 35 listeners. The peak has been 45. From the people tuned in usually 50% show up at the location we cast from and that is totally cool!

I have every intention to keep doing this, with the goal to bring together the community and make things even more awesome

On a final note, my appreciation to everyone from the support crew. I've had many assistance and guidance from Trivaldi and many others while doing my shows to ensure that everything went smoothly.

I don't think that more rewards from the support crew were needed, I'm very happy with all the support I get

It's lovely also to receive their appreciation and compliments on the show. This happens more in the background but I'd like to mention that we have quite a few support guys tuned in and it's a great feeling that I can engage with not only the community but also it's support crew

Keep your eyes pealed on the forum but also follow us on Twitter (see signature) if you can, more awesome things are to come, of course

EDIT:

I'd like to add that I'm still looking for people to engage with me so that we can create some advertisements for the broadcast. So far we've only had lovely Charileux (Leeroy Jenkins) who approached me. We've made an advert which is often broadcasted through the show.

She's confirmed to me that she's received quite some extra customers from it, isn't that totally cool?

In return she's sponsored some money (and a 4 slotted weapon) to give away. That's how it works and that makes it cool!

If you want to do something like this, approach me, and let me know!

I know the pains of putting in a lot of time into a game event only to have it completely fail so just making sure you stay motivated. :P Is there a scheduled time when you normally do broadcasts? Or do you just advertise on OOC when the stream is up? I've sadly only been able to catch about 5 minutes worth of it last Saturday before the wife whipped me into going to estate sales all day. :X

Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    I know the pains of putting in a lot of time into a game event only to have it completely fail so just making sure you stay motivated. :P Is there a scheduled time when you normally do broadcasts? Or do you just advertise on OOC when the stream is up? I've sadly only been able to catch about 5 minutes worth of it last Saturday before the wife whipped me into going to estate sales all day. :X
    There is no set schedule, simply because I couldn't commit to it because I've got so much to do, in RL but also in NC.

I try to broadcast 2 times per week, once during the week and once during the weekend. I announce it in HELP throughout the entire broadcast, a few times.

Usually we hold it in 1 of the clubs, but yesterday as an exception in P1 at the Venture Warp because we needed a safe zone.

I also announce it on Twitter about an hour ahead as well as in-game

Music styles differ often, and I cast about 2 to 3 hours every time. Exhausting!!!

PS. Yesterday we had Dribble Joy on the radio!

PPS. I am still looking for another person who would love to cover some sessions!
    Last edited by SilentEye; 23-04-13 at 16:48.

Stealth Wipe Victim

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    As I said in my original post, I am more than happy to support in the way of items when events of this nature are organised as long as you're not asking for the moon on a stick clad in it's own Gold WoC PA. This goes hand in hand with your second point, items are more likely cherished over credits anyway.

It is very disappointing to see any event not go ahead or to plan and I will do anything I can - within reason - to prevent that happening. I have been in frequent contact with BlackMaze during the concept and organisation phase of this particular event for just that reason.

If there are ways of improving our interactions regarding player ran events I am more than happy to receive your feedback.
    I'm not doubting your commitment or the amount of help we all get from you guys at in. The fact that Neocron is still running and has a community is a testament to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post

PPS. I am still looking for another person who would love to cover some sessions!
    What about submitting guest mixes? With 2 young kids and work, it's hard to commit to doing a live show, but might be able to record some mixes sometimes. Mainly Hardstyle, so not sure how that will sit with the NC crowd!
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Quote Originally Posted by SynC_187 View Post
    What about submitting guest mixes? With 2 young kids and work, it's hard to commit to doing a live show, but might be able to record some mixes sometimes. Mainly Hardstyle, so not sure how that will sit with the NC crowd!
    There is a lot of talking through the shows. NeoCast isn't the cast where we stream music continuously with nothing in between. So a mix wouldn't work I think. I'm really looking for someone willing to dedicate at least once a week to this.

Meh, I didn't even see you had to register in advance and was planning to participate.

Another matter is, that I know a few people who weren't sure if they should participate, because they didn't have a tank, which is far superior in 1vs1.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    Meh, I didn't even see you had to register in advance and was planning to participate.

Another matter is, that I know a few people who weren't sure if they should participate, because they didn't have a tank, which is far superior in 1vs1.
    I'd have participated, but i'm not about to respec to some weird implant spec to make my spy even viable.
    Last edited by Strife; 26-04-13 at 04:55.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post

all the pro dissie spys couldnt come and play?

i would have loved to have participated but as i think i mentioned time zones wont allow. plus i have exams monday mornightng which makes it even rougher on me.

Do it without any costs involved as the first one. no prizes other than pure fun and bragging rights (if thats whats needed to drag people in) and a sense of whats the most fun in this game. the fights.

It is a sign of the times when a pvp tournament is cancelled due to lack of interest. Not an intentional swipe at the community but where the hell are all the people who like to pvp. Not able to fight without ppu buffs and a safezone? seriously?

it seems to me that people have softened somewhat or are too egotistical to let loose and have some fun.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

STD will donate 5 million to such an event, given that Black Maze interviews Tino(to an extent of our approval)

You can keep my registration fee as a gift for next event.
    I behave as a signature

Thanks Castr0! <3

this sucks, i was really looking forward to ths one... would have brought my malee tank

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234