I'm changing the event to Sunday the 28th of April @ 19:00 CEST / 18:00 BST / 17:00 GMT!

Can someone change this in the original title and post? [done -M]
    Last edited by Mokoi; 20-04-13 at 20:35.

I'll join !
    Date and time are fine for me : )
    I behave as a signature

The event has sadly been canceled due to insufficient candidates. Please contact me in-game when you are online to collect your refund.

Last edited by SilentEye; 23-04-13 at 00:36.

score one for the carebears.

sad to see its not going ahead.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

tanks sind imba ;P

i guess showing off in OOC is not the same as showing off at a tournament, huh?
    shame on you, big PVP clans, you cant make this happen. i wanted to see this.

i remember a tournament way back. i placed third or something and it was great fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Invi View Post
    i guess showing off in OOC is not the same as showing off at a tournament, huh?
    shame on you, big PVP clans, you cant make this happen. i wanted to see this.
    You read my mind, I just didn't want to say anything! I think it's too public for people. They are afraid of the humiliation of loosing and that would just be showing too much wouldn't it?

Problem is not that I didn't want to take part. But I cannot give you 100k two weeks before the event starts and then maybe not be able to take part.

Also why did you need that participation fee? Many people were willing to give some price money. When you want to do a PvP Tournament you should more or less handle it like it was with the MOTU (Master of the Universe).
    Cool website -> online RSVP -> Ranking -> and no participation fee.
    Then you will get some participants.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    Problem is not that I didn't want to take part. But I cannot give you 100k two weeks before the event starts and then maybe not be able to take part.

Also why did you need that participation fee? Many people were willing to give some price money. When you want to do a PvP Tournament you should more or less handle it like it was with the MOTU (Master of the Universe).
    I'll leave it to you to organize it then next time

The fee was required so that people had something to win. There weren't so many people sponsoring anyway. We had maybe 500K (EDIT, correction, we had 1,5 million and some items, but it is hardly anything still).
    Last edited by SilentEye; 23-04-13 at 10:36.

Stealth Wipe Victim

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post

Maybe the GM's could help with prizes/prize money. We know they are too short handed to do a lot of events, so supporting player run events could help boost the community.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Quote Originally Posted by SynC_187 View Post
    Maybe the GM's could help with prizes/prize money. We know they are too short handed to do a lot of events, so supporting player run events could help boost the community.
    This has been discussed, but it was determined that the current economy in Neocron is quite bloated. The decision was made not to sponsor this and instead community sponsorship was required

I can understand the point of view of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    This has been discussed, but it was determined that the current economy in Neocron is quite bloated. The decision was made not to sponsor this and instead community sponsorship was required

I can understand the point of view of course.
    To add to the above. We are more than happy to assist in events, we would have been in the back ground at this one to ensure everyone was well behaved. I am personally quite wary of the economy of the game since we moved over to Titan and started fresh. Us throwing millions and millions of credits into an already bloated economy is nothing but damaging. It is always said that credits in Neocron are worthless, this is something we eventually need to fix. In the mean time we need to ensure as little damage is done until we can make the credit sought after again.

As for items, we can provide the occasional few for event prizes. If there are specifics, I am open to discussion about those, something myself and BlackMaze have discussed regarding this event. Of course community sponsorship from within is always cool as it promotes an additional sense of roleplay. In the past many clans used to sponsor the majority of events like this in exchange for advertisement of their trade skill services or shops. This is the reason I had hoped a budding retail clan may have taken the opportunity for some publicity.

My mailbox is always open, if anyone has ideas for player driven events in which we can help out, you just need get in touch to discuss. Drop me a line through trivaldi at neocron-game dot com.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Stealth Wipe Victim

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    To add to the above. We are more than happy to assist in events, we would have been in the back ground at this one to ensure everyone was well behaved. I am personally quite wary of the economy of the game since we moved over to Titan and started fresh. Us throwing millions and millions of credits into an already bloated economy is nothing but damaging. It is always said that credits in Neocron are worthless, this is something we eventually need to fix. In the mean time we need to ensure as little damage is done until we can make the credit sought after again.

As for items, we can provide the occasional few for event prizes. If there are specifics, I am open to discussion about those, something myself and BlackMaze have discussed regarding this event. Of course community sponsorship from within is always cool as it promotes an additional sense of roleplay. In the past many clans used to sponsor the majority of events like this in exchange for advertisement of their trade skill services or shops. This is the reason I had hoped a budding retail clan may have taken the opportunity for some publicity.

My mailbox is always open, if anyone has ideas for player driven events in which we can help out, you just need get in touch to discuss. Drop me a line through trivaldi at neocron-game dot com.
    Thanks for replying.

I agree about the economy being important and preserving it is a neverending talk, however, through mobs and missions new money will always appear in the economy (unless an income tax was introduced to keep the economy at a steady level and re-circlulate money, but that is for another thread), so inflation is inevitable. I do however feel that more harm is probably done to the community when the hard work of an individual is seen to fail because of protecting the economy. Other people won't bother to try organising anything because "it didn't work before".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking huge prizes, maybe even special spawned trophies for the event? I for one would treasure a unique item like that more that a bit of cash I can earn anyway!
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Shame the event isn't going ahead, but I hope it does happen again in the near future.

However I would like to mention that if anyone has an event they are running, myself and the rest of the THN admin folks will be more than happy to publicise the event on the THN. Usually we pick up the thread on the forums and post it up, but sometimes we miss/forget them. Don't be afraid to PM me or Neo-1664 to get your event mentioned on the Tech Haven Network.

Speaking for my clan, I've only just got Phoenix Ltd back up and running, but the funds and resources are in short supply at this time. Maybe in the future we will sponsor something like we done a few times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by SynC_187 View Post
    I do however feel that more harm is probably done to the community when the hard work of an individual is seen to fail because of protecting the economy. Other people won't bother to try organising anything because "it didn't work before".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking huge prizes, maybe even special spawned trophies for the event? I for one would treasure a unique item like that more that a bit of cash I can earn anyway!
    As I said in my original post, I am more than happy to support in the way of items when events of this nature are organised as long as you're not asking for the moon on a stick clad in it's own Gold WoC PA. This goes hand in hand with your second point, items are more likely cherished over credits anyway.

It is very disappointing to see any event not go ahead or to plan and I will do anything I can - within reason - to prevent that happening. I have been in frequent contact with BlackMaze during the concept and organisation phase of this particular event for just that reason.

If there are ways of improving our interactions regarding player ran events I am more than happy to receive your feedback.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Bummer, sorry Blackmaze. Don't get discouraged about planning another one. If I might chime in on the entrance fee, back in the day I ran an event called Fight Night which was simply semi-organized duels in a public setting. Every time we had the event, a large amount of people on the server attended, and I'd think you'd find the same true for any tournament you run. You run an event like this and most everyone on the server will be there. Hell you had over 20 people at the Pussy Club alone during one of your broadcasts and that's damn impressive. However as its been said, it is a little difficult to commit to something two weeks in advance.

Perhaps you could run an event free from entrance fees or signups, and then once it has been established you could run the occasional ladder tournament? Either way keep the events coming!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast