Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I quite like the idea, except for the permament stealth part. Take these changes and double maximum stealth time of every tool?
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Another kinda problem with this idea could be people using stuff like Silent Hunters, who could of course stealth up, then scope and full aim the SH and take 1 shot, stealth again and do this again and again in team based fights to remain entirely invisible or at least only visible for all but the 1 second it takes to reselect the tool and click the button.

Other idea:

No changes to stealth, but give the PE an eye-implant to see and attack runners in stealth. This eye-implant should PE-only.
    - BFC/BlacKHanD (Jupiter), US (Mars), RAF (Uranus) -

Blackmaze i am confused.

In your recommendation I am on my spy.

I leave my apartment. I am stealthed.

I go to Pepper Park. I am still stealthed.

I find Doc and gank him () I am now unstealthed whilst fragging his ass.

At what point do I then restealth back into my cloaked form and what benefit does it give me if I am targetable and damageable all throughout this time period?

If anything stealth should give people a cloaking device that boosts their resists for that period of time and remain damageable and visible during it. So in effect the guy can still be killed but he cannot hang around too long whilst the tank is pounding on him. He trades off that 0% offence for 200% defence or something (for the length of the stealth tool).

this - in my humble opinion - would give the players the best of both worlds.

Invincibility of stealth is sharply toned down.

Lack of ability of other classes to target stealther is toned up.

If this proves to be still unbalanced then perhaps a longer reticle closure time could be imposed for targeting a stealther.

Beam and burst weapons would still hit (albeit at a lower accuracy) and aoe would still continue to rape the spies.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

stealth should be usable only for reconnaissance or getting into a tactical advantageous position unseen. not to (dis)engage in fights.

- stealth last until broken
    - ANY item activation (even opening doors break stealth or drawing a weapon)
    - ENOUGH damage breaks stealth
    - huge cool down
    - can only be activated if not being hit for a period of time

Quote Originally Posted by tbird View Post
    Other idea:

No changes to stealth, but give the PE an eye-implant to see and attack runners in stealth. This eye-implant should PE-only.
    omfg an original idea. Very cool. As far as changing stealth goes...no. It has done so much for the game as it stands. I fucking hate stealthwhores. This means they should stay as they are. If you think they are overpowered, come at me and my winding argument. PvP is good considering stealth alone. There are a few qwerks to work out but w/e.

[edited]
    Last edited by Baldur; 26-04-13 at 13:16. Reason: Brainport trolling

Sorry it's taken me a while to think about this before I posted a reply.

My intention for the stealth tool would be to make this more of a 'get ready to attack' tool rather than the current 'get out of jail card and not die'.

I want to make Stealth stronger for the initial attack and weaker for the getaway.

In my opinion, making Stealth easier to use in first instance would make it more viable to jump up on people, however the downside would be that you would not be so invulnerable trying to getaway as you could still be traced/damaged/targeted while you try and stealth away.

I hope this makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    • Stealthed targets may still be targeted and damaged;
    This is one of the things I would suggest for a stealth rework. I don't really have any issue with stealth aside from the 'exit button' nature it has become. Allowing people to follow the blue fuzz and still target you would mean that some skill in evading would be required once activated.

I think "disengaging" has been a big part of stealth/invisibility in every scifi/fantasy setting, and I wouldn't want to miss it in Neocron.

Another way to punish stealth whoring might be, to give stealth stacks like nanite-tools have, and make players loose health once they reach 100% + disable stealth until its at 0% again.

You could have low TL tools give 80% for a short stealth, and have high TL tools that give high % for long stealth and other high TL tools that give low % for short stealth.
    This way people could just use noob stealthes like they do now in a limited way, or spec for higher TL stealth to use better tool for Sniper/Hitman setups.
    I also like it, because it would promote using different setups.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    Stealthed targets may still be targeted and damaged;
    You may not be able to target them like regular, unstealthed players, but you can still damage them with CS and other weapons or has this been changed?

I think stealth is fine the way it is.
    There are AOE weapons that can take down a tattered and fleeing spy easy enough. And in case you forgot there is something called true sight sanctum why not put it to use?

BlueRobots suggestion of a debuff/timer kinda thing is interesting and might help mitigate the stealth whore play style.

at one time it induced flash on people for whoring it. the crybabies didn't like that. i do.

too many times i have seen so called pvpers try for the gank then hit stealth and try and run. you all know who you are. you carry an ak with you.

im intrigued by the suggestions of this.

Maybe make stealth more visible to the naked eye (of the player not the character) but have a "to hit penalty" on the stealther. So they can aim for and target the stealther, and with a bit of luck (if not using AOE) land some hits to break him from stealth and whup his ass some more.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    at one time it induced flash on people for whoring it.
    It still does.

Quote Originally Posted by J@ck on Cr@ck View Post
    I think stealth is fine the way it is.
    There are AOE weapons that can take down a tattered and fleeing spy easy enough. And in case you forgot there is something called true sight sanctum why not put it to use?
    Not everyone has AOE though and only one class has TSS. This is not an adequate solution to the problem considering every spy and some PE's have stealth.

If it was me I would remove ALL stealth above 10 seconds. Thats plenty of time to run back into Club Veronique IMO.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Not everyone has AOE though and only one class has TSS. This is not an adequate solution to the problem considering every spy and some PE's have stealth.

If it was me I would remove ALL stealth above 10 seconds. Thats plenty of time to run back into Club Veronique IMO.
    i agree. stealth is overpowered and should be no jail-free card.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast