Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

None of that will discourage pvp. If the spy can die while he is in stealth then that is a good thing. If he has to run the risk of dying by his own hand then that too is a good thing. It will stop all these stealth as soon as you get hit wannabe spies.

My first char was a spy. I took him to op fights when there were only a handful of good spies playing NC. I went to fights before stealth and I died as much as I killed. It was a better time back then.

It wouldnt discourage pvp it would make the spy think about his fight and whether he could beat the opponent or not, not when would he need to hit the stealth and get the fuck out of the way before the other guy had a chance to retaliate.

P.s healing rate? huh? What class can heal faster than a spy? (besides a ppu) Spy can use the heal tool or the heal spell just the same as the PE. Tank can only use tools. Healing rates are pretty similar across the board tbh. Damage output whilst not receiving too much by return is where the spy wins. He wins a war of attrition more or less every time vs another class. Because of his stealth.

This is why the stealth needs to have a penalty. A radiation stack OR your idea of no heal while in stealth are both valid ideas. The spy needs a penalty of some form on his stealth. It should not be used to carry on the fight if the other class doesnt have it. That is what makes it OP.

In reference to your original question no not every class has a way to combat stealth. Yes tanks have another gun they can bring, PPUs have TSS yeah also true. APU has a barrel which might catch the spy if he is incredibly stupid. HC Pe might catch him with a fire stack sure. So ok HC and PPU can find the spy - you mostly find those at op fights. So that means you "rely" on those guys to catch the spy out.

No this is not a valid solution. Pistol PE has no way to fight the stealth (No DoT from the Wyatt Earp any more), nor do APUs (No DoT any more from anything visible - Fire Apoc is all burst now I believe). Damage boost is not a viable option as it is too slow for the PE to cast and only the holy one is any good for lighting them up due to RoF and range.

Rifle PE has nothing to fight it that I can honestly think of. Other spies have nothing to fight stealth barring their own stealth so no I do not know what other stuff you can use.

You cannot balance pvp based on situations either. It has to be balanced 1v1 first in my mind. If you try to start to think of every single combination of chars and balance them all then you will be here into the next decade tbh.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

It would be nice if there was some sort of handicap for stealth like a drug flash when they come out equal to using 1 drug and perhaps a lower time of use, it might be unpopular to say but spies can compete in fights and even in 1v1 thanks to their speed and damage so it is a bit ridiculous that they also have a free get out of jail free card with no downside, hell I'd even take a slight buff to spies to have something like this if people really think spies would be so useless without a never die ability.

People might be trying to say *oh but you can just aoe and plasma* and to that I answer have you ever tried killing a stealth with plasma... IF you slowed them and you aren't slow and you are right up next to them when they stealth yes you might do it, most of the time you wont though, as for aoe.... yes right after a fight where I might be on low hp all I want to do is spam mindless aoe around me in hopes of hitting somebody that could have gone in any direction that sounds like a great plan!

As for people saying a spy without stealth is a worse version of apus spys have the speed advantage, I've never seen a apu move faster than a spy and spys have the smallest hit box, a further advantage AND they have nanites with which they can get great resist (something people tend to ignore for some reason).

So when you combine all this together at the very least reducing the stealth time so its breathing room as was said instead of *hah to slow* tool is the least that should be done, that or a nerf to spies so they really need a get out of jail free card they can use as much as they like with no downsides.

You choose spies, or else I'd like apus and tanks to have a shield reducing outgoing and incomg damage by 100% for 60s so we also have a free escape tool, granted it wouldn't be quite so handy cos you could still track us but it would be balanced out by the potential suicide aoe spam not working against it.
    Last edited by DIABLO666; 11-06-13 at 19:47.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

i like the OP idea, but tbh i like it more the way it is now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234