Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    The recreation of key dungeons would indirectly solve a large chunk of the LE dilemma. Even better I'd love to see the dungeons instanced by party similar to Word of Warcraft. Either way would be an equivalent solution to the LE working only in designated areas.
    Oh ... my ... god!

you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    Oh ... my ... god!

you serious?
    I hope it's a troll post mocking Faid.

Clearly I'm missing some key piece of data for it to be considered a troll post.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    Clearly I'm missing some key piece of data for it to be considered a troll post.
    You included "instance" and "like World of Warcraft" in your post. If you don't get the problem over that, you will be considered to not have breathed enough Neocron athmosphere and are invited to breathe some more
    I too dislike the idea of instances in Neocron, one really important part of Neocron is: Wherever someone is, I could, theoretically, get there too.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

I also disagree with the instancing. Makes me puke a little in my mouth everytime I read this, and I just swallow it back.

I would by far much rather a clear position by the DEV team on whether or not LE players should be allowed access to end-game content.

Yes I too would like to hear the Dev's clear position on whether they should restrict endgame content from 75% of the community.

Restrict?? I thought this thread was talking about just changing specific areas so that the LE would not work there. Its not restricting anything.. just puts everyone on the same line.

speaking of wow, even wow has more open world pvp than neocron and there is no LE to protect you. Lol, just saying..

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Yes I too would like to hear the Dev's clear position on whether they should restrict endgame content from 75% of the community.
    And why said 75% miss out on the core design of the game. NC was developed and envisioned as a PvP game. Everything in it servers this goal. It's perfect.

The LE was introduced to protect small runners while leveling. Now it has evolved into a PvE-only game style. I'm fine with that, everybody can play the game the way they want.

But was it meant to be this way ?

And why do 75% of the players avoid the current PvP design ?

You are of the opinion then that everyone should be at risk of being killed wherever they go, regardless of their level. Because the game was originally designed this way 10 years ago? I 'm kinda in agreement with you on that point but the game certainly isnt what it was 10 years ago.

When I first played on Pluto everyone pulled their LE on day one and leveled in the dangerous atmosphere that NC was intended to be. But the people back then didn't kill anyone and everyone simply because they were bored. Faction relations were respected, alliances were respected, Clan relations were respected and low level characters trying to level were respected. There is litterally none of this respect in the current game today.

This directly contributes to the current situation we now have with the LE'd people today. The game wasn't designed as a shoot everyone free for all style sandbox. Your actions were supposed to have consequences. Those consequences are laughable now, and no one cares about them. It's nothing to go RED SL now, faction sympathy doesn't mean anything and relations with other players are the last thing on peoples minds. Try leveling in Regants without an LE, people who are in your own faction will try to kill you. I dont think this is what they had in mind when they designed the game

I would surmise that people avoid the current pvp design while leveling because the current design fucks them over.

Jest, recreating some dungeons or even making them instanced might solve the LE abuse in PvE but it does nothing for PvP.
    There will still be people driving an LE'd quad on top of corpses to block rezzing or scouting with an LE'd char without the risk of being detected and killed.

Faid, why do you insist that any change to the LE will let us kill anyone anywhere? Or restrict endgame content for 75% of the community?
    This is the last time I'm going to repeat myself.
    The OP's idea is to disable the LE in some zones, balanced in such a way that non capped people still have safe places to level where their LE will work, but capped people will have more zones where they can fight anyone they find, which will be mainly warzones and zones where endgame PvP gear is farmed (MC5, DOY tunnels, Ceres labs, ...)

The only way this really hurts PvE players is that they can now be ganked when afk macro'ing research cubes at ops and when they try to farm endgame PvP gear. But the almight droner aside, people usually take teams to farm endgame PvP gear and should be able to defend themselves from gankers or at least die trying. That's the spirit of NC.

Strife also got a good point in post 33. Why bother to take out the LE when it gives such a huge advantage in every single zone without any real penalty? And even though that's a discussion for another thread, I think that it's very closely related to the reason why silenteye made this thread.
    TITAN
    Knight-Barter: Capped conster / repper spy
    Knight-Research: PPU poker
    This is when I realized I should stop using professions in my char names ...
    Iron-Man: HC tank
    Future char plans: Res spy, RC spy, RC PE, PC PE, ...

Quote Originally Posted by [F6]Knight View Post
    J
    Faid, why do you insist that any change to the LE will let us kill anyone anywhere? Or restrict endgame content for 75% of the community?
    This is the last time I'm going to repeat myself.
    The OP's idea is to disable the LE in some zones, balanced in such a way that non capped people still have safe places to level where their LE will work, but capped people will have more zones where they can fight anyone they find, which will be mainly warzones and zones where endgame PvP gear is farmed (MC5, DOY tunnels, Ceres labs, ...)
    OK this is the last time I'm going to repeat myself, if you really want a solution to the OP's problem with LE'd people and high end leveling spots here it is.
    Here's a proposal that should solve your problems. Re-create and duplicate MC5, DOY tunnels, Juggernaut facility, the areas for the DOY quest, in new zones and make them Un-LE only. This way if there is an LE'd team leveling in one of the original dungeons you can just go to the UN-LE'd version and compete against other UN-LE'd people for it (if there is anyone else there). There's certainly enough space for this to be done, with the vast majority of sectors that are currently unused. And we don't even alienate anyone by doing this...

Faid, that idea is so bad.. That would just mean it would be much easier for you to go farm end game gear..you could do it 24/7 with your le droner without anyone interrupting in your own lovely instance..yeah recreate, recreat it so that your le wont work there. Dont understand why that bothers you so much. Those places are meant to be farmed in groups anyway..and the gear is for your unLed fighter so why not bring that along to farm.

Nice speach about what neocron used to be. Have you some kind of proof what you claim there? People not respecting faction relations etc..? I levelled alot in reagants without LE.. Wasnt killed even by reds or neutrals. Well some reds were acting hostile so i had to make a run for it but that is just great and what makes neocron, neocron. Stop scaring people with your own fears.. There is not that ganking you speak of..even if were it would bring back some good old open world pvp because you should alert someone there if you cant defend yourself and being ganked.
    Last edited by Juppe; 09-04-13 at 06:56.

The irony is, that the LE is, what destroyed the need for faction relations etc.

Sektenspinner aus Leidenschaft hajoan's Avatar

I have a differeent view here.
    The posibility of faction change destoys the faction relations.
    This guides to make all epics as only the CA Epic Item is bound to the faction.
    See no problem produced by the LE in this case.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    When I first played on Pluto everyone pulled their LE on day one and leveled in the dangerous atmosphere that NC was intended to be. But the people back then didn't kill anyone and everyone simply because they were bored. Faction relations were respected, alliances were respected, Clan relations were respected and low level characters trying to level were respected. There is litterally none of this respect in the current game today.

This directly contributes to the current situation we now have with the LE'd people today. The game wasn't designed as a shoot everyone free for all style sandbox. Your actions were supposed to have consequences. Those consequences are laughable now, and no one cares about them. It's nothing to go RED SL now, faction sympathy doesn't mean anything and relations with other players are the last thing on peoples minds. Try leveling in Regants without an LE, people who are in your own faction will try to kill you. I dont think this is what they had in mind when they designed the game
    I was considering making a thread about fixing the symp/faction relation system. At the moment there's no real consequences to PKing anyone and everyone. The system certainly needs an overhaul.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast