Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    This thread is obviously about LE players and their unrestricted access to end-game content, not about protecting the oh-so important 0/2 noobs.

Reed replying the same rethoric in every thread concerning LE is rather off-topic, since nothing here is about playstyle; it's about access to content and competing for it, which is usually part of an online game and forced onto all players.

A lot of people feel we should be forced to compete for end-game loot and that LE should NOT be an exemption to that.
    Yes, of course i am replying as ever same arguments in every new revolving thread about removing/ damaging the LE game feature by people which repeating ever the same nonsense claims.

How much tries we are counting now to turn Neocron into a so-called rough end-time world without thinking about that this is not real life but a game ? And a game needs careful thought over game mechanics to hinder absolute destructive and psychotic people to hijack the game for their needs....

i can accept that some people have very different feelings than i have concerning the game playstyle options, but i guess that 48 anti-LE-Threads are more than enough and everything is said. The devs have now enough things to think about in which direction the game should be turned, but: it is my game as same as it is yours and if one starts again and again same gankers-paradise threads i take the opportunity to contribute my 5 ct, Sir.

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post

A lot of people feel we should be forced to compete for end-game loot and that LE should NOT be an exemption to that.
    I would argue the opposite. I would say from looking at the game, and the amount of people who prefer to level with the LE in, that the vast majority of players Don't want to compete for end-game loot. The vast majority of players Don't want what you are proposing, as is evident by the amount of LE'd people leveling.

Here's a proposal that should solve your problems. Re-create and duplicate MC5, DOY tunnels, Juggernaut facility, the areas for the DOY quest, in new zones and make them Un-LE only. This way if there is an LE'd team leveling in one of the original dungeons you can just go to the UN-LE'd version and compete against other UN-LE'd people for it (if there is anyone else there). There's certainly enough space for this to be done, with the vast majority of sectors that are currently unused. And we don't even alienate anyone by doing this...

How do you know WHY they keep their LE's in for leveling Faid? I kept mine in because why bother taking it out when LE's get such a major advantage?

I started taking them out early on my last few characters and capped, being killed maybe twice. People need to stop being such babies and crying about "What if I get killed!!!!1". You're not special, no one cares about you enough to kill you.

The reason why LE should not work at mc5 for example is that you go there as unLEd just to notice there are LEd droners farming and you cant do anything about it. Not even just that..but the fact that the LE droners pull all mob aggro and drop it on you and youre dead..not 1 or 2 times this has happened in game.
    So a) you need to be able to fight for that loot and b) the LEd people abuse the le mechanism..they kill players without the risk of being killed themselves.
    not all do that but then its only the a) part.

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    The reason why LE should not work at mc5 for example is that you go there as unLEd just to notice there are LEd droners farming and you cant do anything about it. Not even just that..but the fact that the LE droners pull all mob aggro and drop it on you and youre dead..not 1 or 2 times this has happened in game.
    So a) you need to be able to fight for that loot and b) the LEd people abuse the le mechanism..they kill players without the risk of being killed themselves.
    not all do that but then its only the a) part.
    ANd here's the answer to your dilemma.
    Here's a proposal that should solve your problems. Re-create and duplicate MC5, DOY tunnels, Juggernaut facility, the areas for the DOY quest, in new zones and make them Un-LE only. This way if there is an LE'd team leveling in one of the original dungeons you can just go to the UN-LE'd version and compete against other UN-LE'd people for it (if there is anyone else there). There's certainly enough space for this to be done, with the vast majority of sectors that are currently unused. And we don't even alienate anyone by doing this...
    @Strife.
    Ask around ingame Strife and you will find that they do it so as not to be griefed while leveling. I get that you don't like the LE and you want to be able to kill anyone all the time even if they're just trying to level but most people don't want to deal with that kind of abuse, especially while leveling. I get that LE's can sometimes mess up high end leveling spots, thats why I proposed a solution that would solve everyone's problems and it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

MMM.. No. High risk=high reward, low risk=low reward.

If your idea were implemented that would mean LEd players would keep farming there like it is now and making alot of Mc5 to equip on their pvp characters.. And unLed would be busy fighting each other(which is fine of course) or at the other place same as its now, watching droners get it all and cant do nothing about it than die when droner think its funny to drop aggro.

Oh ok, I get it. You just want to punish LE'd people as much as possible, you don't want viable solutions, you just want to be able to gank anyone anywhere regardless of their level. Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

Although the fact that you just want to be able to gank people isn't a real reason to change the entire LE system I would think.

chicken and egg situation. the people keep the LE in for fear of getting ganked. the would-be "pker" doesnt even bother to go looking for people to pk because he knows the majority of people in this game are too frightened to take the LE out.

In short this community has gone soft. Im going to log in one day and change my clan rank to "I was pked by a unicorn" because thats pretty much what it is. A mythical creature.

Trust me. the above is from personal experience. I have gone round the wastes looking for people to fight. Livens up the game a bit. Admittedly i have had some good ones and lost as many as i have won but its that surge of adrenaline that i played nc for.

Too many people have got this lovely soft warm fuzzy blanket over them which IN MY OPINION ONLY deprives them of the essence of what made this game so special. The Action. The RUSH. the danger of getting attacked and having a good old fashioned scrap. for that to happen though as stated they need an equal chance of a fair fight. for that to happen we need to have this pile of shit that is 2.2 fixed and rebalanced and made viable. so it all comes back to that.

I realise this is OT but i think it fits in theme with the general discussion and is not pure rhetoric.

flame at will nubs. i dont care

Honestly one day this community will stop being so damned care bear. I hope.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I have gone round the wastes looking for people to fight...
    You chose to go searching for a fight. When I'm running around the wastes non-capped (or even near capped), the last thing I want is an adrenaline rush cause I just got ganked by some player who ran out of other things to do.

I still play Neocron for the PvP. That's exactly why I'm in a clan with a character I feel is "combat ready" taking part in OP wars. It's the ability to choose my fights, just like it was your choice to go searching for one as well.

But yes, chicken and egg. If would-be PKers want a fight, broadcast in OOC for a fight.
    Titan: Da Saints (APU) / Da-Saints (RC Spy)

No faid.. I do not want punish anyone.. Dont know how high risk=high reward policy is a punish to anyone. Its the same for everyone.

I just want that feel in the game what doc described.

Assimilitar doc said looking for a fight, not a gank.. Huge difference.

Some people without LE might be frustrated about the lack of other unLed people so they might kill or gank just anyone without LE..but that is rare and i dont understand why people are scared about it.

Split the god damn server already.

Everyone that loves Neocron because it is/was more than just PvE with LE and "meaningless" PvP in special zones made for it, will be driven away by what Neocron currently is.

Everyone of the guys that showes up on every thread about LE to hate on imaginary gankers/pks etc. etc. will never be open to any limitations to LE.

But either wipe both servers or make a copy of Titan. (I could vomit every time somone says Neptune was a failure bc noone wants to play on a PvP server)

Quote Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
    That's exactly why I'm in a clan with a character I feel is "combat ready" taking part in OP wars. It's the ability to choose my fights, just like it was your choice to go searching for one as well.
    you summed up 90% of the community with this post. and thats a sad fact. the randomness of fights blowing up in the wastes was a great thing. gone are the days of someone walking in to a zone and killing everyone and players converging on that person to kill him or running like hell from him when they knew he was there (starkes springs to mind but im sure there were others too.) Now its all keep your LE In till your Char is "Combat Ready" and then go and get ppu buffs in p1 and zone to p2 and try to fight or hide behind the cop bots.

Watered down pvp. worse than watered down beer.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Get back on topic. If you want to discuss the LE in general there's a thread for that.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    So what was the reason for this failure then? All it did was alienate the French guys who played and make another fine example that the majority of people playing the game at the time didn't actually want what KK gave them, despite asking for it constantly (just like BDoY).

PVP, PVE and levelling has existed in unison since this game began. Being on edge in the wastes levelling was part of the game, and you know if you saw a red coming towards you you either better be fast or get the first few blows in and go down fighting.

But splitting servers is the worst possible idea to deal with this. The games been through all that already.

And getting PKed whilst lvling counts as griefing now
    Last edited by RogerRamjet; 08-04-13 at 10:22.

The recreation of key dungeons would indirectly solve a large chunk of the LE dilemma. Even better I'd love to see the dungeons instanced by party similar to Word of Warcraft. Either way would be an equivalent solution to the LE working only in designated areas.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast