Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Record it, is there a record function in NC; naaah didnt think so, so im sure some noob has a bought and paid for FRAPS just to catch douche bags right???

How is not being killed in a safe zone while afk doing whatever(EG: going to the bathroom while waiting for SI to wear off after getting ganked and GRi'ng), incentive's for leaving your in the LE? make some sense please!!

Ya and exploiting the LE the opposite was forbidden to and is reportable(blocking corpses and GR's), so why change one way over the other.

Really youve never seen it since launch? I see it happen on almost a daily basis. you jerkies can scream till your blue in the face but its being abused much worse by none-le'rs such as people pvping dying then switching over to a le'd to exploit..... seems like most pvpers are the ones doing the exploiting, lets just remove pvp from the game and we can fight over ops in hacknet!

As for my fix about making targeting boxes bigger to get around blocking things; no one can seem to come up with a coherent insult to rebukke it, I see, better get back to exploiting to justify removing the LE from the game so you can gank harder!

For some reason PVPers think they need to be above the rules, rules are there for a reason; stop crying and get back to pvping with your sandwiches and running lowbies down
    Flamebait, anonye?

Summary:
    Currently LE protects newbies. - Yes though we could argue all day about what a newbie is
    Does not give any penalties ( other than missing one brain slot ). - That's a penalty, can't join clans, kill players, damage vehicles (repping player damaged vehicles seems popular everytime I leave NC)
    Allows safe farming of rareparts, quest items, mc5's etc. - Other than dying to the PvE stuff, the main protection you refer to is not being killed while hacking/unaware etc or in caves (though with caves you have the SL warning message so I don't think it was ever the intention for them to be PvP area's)
    Allows safe scouting in pvp. - Yes but you'd have to have a PvP char for this to be of benefit (Think running dedicated PvP/PvE chars is another argument)

Can we just close threads that give nothing but pointless advice? The LE is far too important to remove - the only ting that needs tweaking on it is limiting where it can be used (LE'd people in end-game content for example) or limited how long it can be kept in for. Completely removing it will do more harm than good
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

Quote Originally Posted by DigestiveBiscui View Post
    limited how long it can be kept in for
    Sorry for paraphrasing, but would be interesting to see a limit put in, though a lot would say a level retriction wouldnt be good because just because you are above XX in combat or stat rank, doesnt mean your PVP viable.
    Or if its a set time of you can only have your LE in for XX number of hours of play time on your character, or combining the 2 so once you are stat rank 55 and combat rank XX or something you have 1 week of time of that character being in game (so not including the time you are logged off) before your LE degrades.

The problem comes from then being a tradeskiller, but even then i dont see much harm in a trade skiller becoming non LEd as if they are in a clan that owns an OP they get stuff from it cheeper. I think a capped barter for instance gets res substance for say 3.5k a pack, but a clanned capped barter gets for 2.5k i think or something like that. In addition you get more research, construct and stuff for being in an owning clan. The problem comes in then if your faction doesnt have ops to control or the clan that does own most or all the ops is a selective group who doesnt want you.
    The other problem comes from carrying around tools that cost 1.5mil or whatever and not having enough lock slots for them all, and of course not being able to fight back if you get in to trouble. However nothing stops you from staying in safe zones like faction HQs, Plaza 1 and such unless you are bartering to get PA 1-2 or something like that that requires you go to P2, TH, PP2, MB. But all the other stuff like ops for res subs is a zone where you cant drop belts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink View Post
    Summary:
    Currently LE protects newbies. - Yes though we could argue all day about what a newbie is
    Does not give any penalties ( other than missing one brain slot ). - That's a penalty, can't join clans, kill players, damage vehicles (repping player damaged vehicles seems popular everytime I leave NC)
    Allows safe farming of rareparts, quest items, mc5's etc. - Other than dying to the PvE stuff, the main protection you refer to is not being killed while hacking/unaware etc or in caves (though with caves you have the SL warning message so I don't think it was ever the intention for them to be PvP area's)
    Allows safe scouting in pvp. - Yes but you'd have to have a PvP char for this to be of benefit (Think running dedicated PvP/PvE chars is another argument)
    Again, Yes it does restrict from joining to clan etc, BUT FARMING CHARACTERS DO NOT NEED CLAN. So it's not punishment for those who can not be described as "newbie".
    It only punishes those, who are really new to game. That's why it needs to be changed somehow.

This thread is all about talking about ideas, so that LE would protect new players, but disallow abuse. For that to work, you guys have to understand that most of us have atleast 2 accounts ( I have had 2 accounts since pluto ). Both account's have pvp and pvm characters and i never take LE out with these rules, from my pvm characters.
    I even leveled my main as LE, cos did not get anything by taking it off.

Lets face it. Restriction on GR'ing? Only TG can use GR's anyway. DRT and El farid are always open and running to MC5 is quick thing to do. So, leave the GR'in out. LE wont give you access to GR's if enemy has them and nowadays those are always closed.
    And i guess you dont pvp? The LE scouting is very common thing.

So, same thing to you as to Chuck Norris. Instead of complaining and complaining, try to come up with something constructive.
    Finnish Gimp

Err please point out the complaint in my post, was a simple statement of fact (as I see it) to try get back on topic as you requested (did you actually read it?).

Also considering any new player is not allowed to make two accounts (anybody who did not have 2 or more accounts when NC was subscription can not have 2 without breaking the rules, simple) why would the game be altered around that specific group of people that nobody else can actually now join?

The more these LE threads run the more they become preventing abuse from "veteran" players who lets face it are going to do that anyway since they know the game inside and out.
    Last edited by Eternal Pink; 12-04-13 at 16:50.

Yeah, i see your point there.
    Only thing i like in Wow is the pvp zone things. None can attack you at certain places, but there are areas, where attacking is possible, with more quest's and its up to you to decide if you wanna risk it.
    Finnish Gimp

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Why not just make LE permanent or non-permanent from rolling a new character. Would avoid any issue with people WoCing then pulling LE etc. Tradeskillers and farmers get to remain but they can never enter the pvp domain in future.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    Why not just make LE permanent or non-permanent from rolling a new character. Would avoid any issue with people WoCing then pulling LE etc. Tradeskillers and farmers get to remain but they can never enter the pvp domain in future.
    /signed
    Finnish Gimp

Slightly OT but a correction @demon. tools dont drop. ever.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Except for stealth tools : those drop.

My Idea for the topic is to expand the beginner mc5.
    The area should including more missions, caves and so on.

The beginners should lvl there till base 30 or 40 but there are a few restrictions:
    - there are no traders with good stuff
    - lvling in mc5-beginner area prolonged
    - taking the gr to neocron will remove the le automatically
    - no goguardian, so u have to carry only the important stuff with u
    - leaving the zone without the gr will not work (fences which do what's their task)
    - no save zones anymore but intelligent copbots with high damage and a real freeze (so people have to think twice whether they attack other people in plaza/via)
    - maybe remove copbots in pp or extend the story so that there are inquisitors

still my ideas - sorry if some u spoke about some points I have'nt read the entire topic.

PS: good idea with working le only in certain areas. le should only work in nc, th, mb
    Last edited by Kane Gregory; 23-04-13 at 09:23. Reason: add something

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

You would divide the world with that. Places like Outzone and Sewers would be completely useless.

[Edit]
    Last edited by Baldur; 23-04-13 at 10:51. Reason: Brainport trolling

[ edited ] Remove the LE or start rewarding real nc players (no LE) with real rewards that show the intellect and skill needed to play against real people.
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 23-04-13 at 11:27.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast