edit:asdf

Give greater rewards for those, who expose them self for pvp. Remember, you dont have to pvp, you just have to learn how to survive. Like in real world. You can't decide if you are suddenly attacked by some moron on streets.

PVP Zone idea is good. OP areas always should be combat zones. MC5 should be combat zone etc.
    Add rewards that match the risk.
    Finnish Gimp

the problem is and always will be punishment. without it people will grief you like there's no tomorrow. that's why we got le in the first place. if you are not careful with your choices regarding the le, you will alienate a big portion of the player base, me included. it's not that i don't welcome open pvp. it's the notion that a game that is structured, as buggy an prone to exploits/cheats as neocron, will favour griefers and suspect neocron is full of those. bitter middle aged men that will happily fly to the top of an otherwise unreachable structure and snipe you, while you try to level of farm some gear just to spite you and because they are bored out of their wits but can't stop playing. the same people that buy 150 res missions, because they can't be bothered playing the game. there's a reason why there's so many spies running around with stealth tools and a libby.

open pvp can work, but only in a proper risk/reward situation, where every party has something to lose.

The LE's purpose isnt to protect runners from the oh-so-feared-griefers. It's to provide new players with a watered down version of the game so they can learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    The LE's purpose isnt to protect runners from the oh-so-feared-griefers. It's to provide new players with a watered down version of the game so they can learn.
    Really who told you that? did you creat Neocron or the idea behind the LE?

I love the way people assume this crap

I remember it from the in-game tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I love how people complain about assumptions then makes an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    I love how people complain about assumptions then makes an assumption.
    so the in-game tutorial isnt there to learn how to play; its the le?

so confusing

how about the offline demo; probably shouldnt learn how to play on that either, only when i have my le in!

recockulous

I must humbly point out that originally, the LE popped at midlevel and couldn't be put back in. That is a strong indicator of the original intent, though it is not definitive. The devs should inform us of a clear intent of the LE, then we could have focused conversations (rather than flamefests)
    Last edited by Dope; 11-04-13 at 02:56.

I never played the beta so i can only assume it did it then dope? i dont remember it on retail.

Lets be honest this is a bone of contention for a lot of people. The legit LE players who are actually new to the game and are learning to play is one thing but there are so many who blatantly abuse the LE mechanics and thats where the vitriol is aimed at.

I still long for the days when the community decided collectively it was not cool to have an LE in despite the fact that weapons dropped on death etc (no qb) and everyone removed it. It was when it had higher requirements for use of guns i grant you that but it was a good idea imo.

getting pked for the first time in nc was an experience. it provided motivation to get levelled and get even. i even remember the names of people who got me in the beginning. i would be very wary of certain names when ever they popped up on local. this kind of feeling is missing from nc today but the pro le crowd cant see that sadly.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

So all the exploits aside: Does anyone actually think its fair, when someone has one or more characters for PvP, that are only used for OP-Fighting in one of the big clans, and has multiple other character with LE that he uses to farm safely ?

And further: Does anyone like the consequences this kind of behaviour has on PvE/RP ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    So all the exploits aside: Does anyone actually think its fair, when someone has one or more characters for PvP, that are only used for OP-Fighting in one of the big clans, and has multiple other character with LE that he uses to farm safely ?

And further: Does anyone like the consequences this kind of behaviour has on PvE/RP ?
    This!

I have absolutely no reason to pop LE out from my farmers. Why would i take even the smallest risk, when it does not give me any reward. Takeing LE out is all about risk's, no rewards. ( You get one headslot free.. gg )
    Finnish Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by CritiNator View Post
    This!

I have absolutely no reason to pop LE out from my farmers. Why would i take even the smallest risk, when it does not give me any reward. Takeing LE out is all about risk's, no rewards. ( You get one headslot free.. gg )
    Which makes your DPS higher, by changing your whole setup going from pve to pvp also you can join clans, use outposts their GR's also you can use/exploit stockX

among other things!

a. remove all items from the game lol nc is not cs !
    or
    b. pffff
    and
    c. flam thread le is the best in nc
    X-COM ANTI A.L.F.SECURITY

Which makes your DPS higher, by changing your whole setup going from pve to pvp also you can join clans, use outposts their GR's also you can use/exploit stockX

among other things!
    My droner Dps is just fine for everything i need. My tank killed warbots with not problems, while i had LE in. StockX eh?
    We were talking about farmer alts, not pvp mains.
    Without LE, i could get bit better setup but i also risk being killed. If i get killed atleast once a day, i lose so much time on ressing and pokeing to get back, that the little bit lower dmg does not make any difference in long run. Atleast i don't have to be on alert all the time.

I used to pop LE out right away, as 0/2 character, when there was xp loss while using LE.

There's absolutely no reason to take LE out, untill you are capped.
    Finnish Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by CritiNator View Post
    There's absolutely no reason to take LE out, untill you are capped.

and this is the sad truth. there should be a reason.

people talk about the pkers and griefers etc that will come when people remove the le but has anyone actually considered that people may decide that this is not actually the case.

take crp for an example. a high end levelling zone and also a warzone which used to be prime for pvp. say a cave team is levelling there and the mythical pkers turn up. whos to say another clan decides its their job to police the zone and fight AGAINST the griefers that they know will come. people levelling without the le in will propagate and encourage more people to get involved in fights etc.

it would give the "good" clans a chance to actually do something to protect the runners there and satisfy their own thirst for some action. Its not all doom and gloom and every man for himself like so many people are predicting or claiming is gospel.

I remember a time when the uTs back on uranus tried to charge people to level at crp or get ganked. some people paid for the privelidge and went on and levelled. others laughed and said no way. they were killed for it. this in a sense is roleplay. others like myself banded together met at an alternative location and went over for a fight. they were killed and told everyone was free to level and no one had to pay. then more turned up and it escalated further until it was a full on pitched battle and the cave team even came out to watch. it was a lot of fun for everyone involved and the inevitable shit talk afterwards but no one can deny they didnt enjoy it.

so many people are just thinking in such a short sighted manner on this whole entire topic that it just goes round and round in circles. i just wanted to share these thoughts with you all and im praying that change happens and it happens soon.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast