Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

[Edit] Brainportspam
    Last edited by Baldur; 05-04-13 at 11:20.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    Discussing this topic is nearly impossible on this forum though, since every time some LE whiteknights come and talk about stuff they clearly have no idea about and jerk each other off.
    LOL

nice way to reach out and seek opinion from the people that don't agree with you.

PS

Its not a discussion/debate when you only talk to the people that already agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    I'd like to see it removed only so FF cant use LE characters to park quads on bodies so people cant res during an op fight.
    X2

Using LE chars in a PVP situation is exploiting the LE.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink
    LOL

nice way to reach out and seek opinion from the people that don't agree with you.

PS

Its not a discussion/debate when you only talk to the people that already agree with you
    I can very well distinguish between people who actually trying to have a real discussion and those who blatantly want to destroy any discussion of that matter by spamming false fact etc.

As long as there are ppl out there killing other players while hacking the hunted WB or killing pass bys in a P2 PvP fight, i think LE has its place and its right to be. A kill in Wastelands sure should be able to happen, but its only destroying another players Fun to kill him while he hacks his WB.

I'd wish that LE players can join Clans - so tradeskill clanmembers dont get killed just for zoning to Plaza 2 while someone fights there for fun or training.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    ok.

let the players decide.

make a new server for manly PvP only. forget about the LE. call this server of glory.... "Neptune"

everyone goes there. or not. problem solved.
    Agreed +1

Some of the stuff I see posted here as ideas is outrageously ludicrous.

LE chars joining clans ?

PVP server ???

Some of these newer people don't seem to realise how the most "hardcore PVP" aspects of the game have been diluted already. Like the runner kill for Epic mission completion in most factions, the backpack drop, the non-safezone plaza1, the easy SL/FS rules.
    Last edited by Kame; 06-04-13 at 01:41. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    runner kill for Epic mission completion in most factions
    I'm going to assume you know why this was removed....

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    I'm going to assume you know why this was removed....
    Why was it removed? Apart from the obvious LEd people couldn't complete epics?

Sad thing was that actually killing someone in neofrag counted so the LE didn't mess you up. The trouble came in some cases trying to find someone of the right faction to kill anyway as some factions like PP & DRE aren't very popular so had so few members you might be stuck for weeks trying to find one to kill. And some of the quests required you to do a lot of stuff before the kill or even pay money to an NPC, and the quest might just expire before you found someone to kill.

Father of the Lil Bastard Dirus's Avatar

Iirc.. way back in the day the LE had draw backs, lower xp & cr rewards. Something like that being brought back may help.

As for it not working in certain areas, I don't think it was possible to do that. I.e. you couldn't disable it in warzones. Also the problem with that is there is an OP in the zone outside the main gates..

Quote Originally Posted by Schattendieb View Post
    As long as there are ppl out there killing other players while hacking the hunted WB or killing pass bys in a P2 PvP fight, i think LE has its place and its right to be. A kill in Wastelands sure should be able to happen, but its only destroying another players Fun to kill him while he hacks his WB.

I'd wish that LE players can join Clans - so tradeskill clanmembers dont get killed just for zoning to Plaza 2 while someone fights there for fun or training.

This is the type of (coward) playstyle that I dislike the most.
    This type of player wants it all, without risking nothing, and on top of it they have the nerve to ask or vouch for gamerules changes that further isolate runners from player-to-player interractions, but that blatantly benefit their (cowardly) playstyle.

Do people really want to play a game where they can do stupid things and not pay the price because game mechanics allow it ?

Really ???

Bottom line for me is that the LE shouldnt be(come) a permanent bypass to gamerules by which players were intended to be bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    This is the type of (coward) playstyle that I dislike the most.
    This type of player wants it all, without risking nothing, and on top of it they have the nerve to ask or vouch for gamerules changes that further isolate runners from player-to-player interractions, but that blatantly benefit their (cowardly) playstyle.

Do people really want to play a game where they can do stupid things and not pay the price because game mechanics allow it ?

Really ???

Bottom line for me is that the LE shouldnt be(come) a permanent bypass to gamerules by which players were intended to be bound.
    You are the coward feeding off people with 500 ping playing trade-skillers you are a blight, got to love opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by CritiNator View Post
    Don't feed the troll's..

Forcing runners to pvp is not the solution.

Rewarding runner for the risk of being Pk'ed would be good.
    Like in ultima online. Resource, money and xp gains were double in pvp world. ( In UO you could travel to pvp world via gates in game ).
    XP and money certainly weren't higher in Feluccia.
    I was there when it was introduced.

It just added another place for people who aren't wimps to farm.
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

I quote Inspector Pinky:

"LE Is the biggest exploit in game".
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED