Ignoring them is a good option

Just not playing with them is another good option (hence the LE)

When I find peeps I do actually wanna pvp with (both with and against) since I wont have to endure several hours of whining/gloating as they'll be reasonable adults like myself I'll pop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Because PVP is fun, and you can just turn off OOC?
    If it stayed in OOC then I'd agree but short of turning off every global channel you are stuck listening to the self entitled masses whining that the enemy doesn't live up to their expectations of what a fair fight should be.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    If it stayed in OOC then I'd agree but short of turning off every global channel you are stuck listening to the self entitled masses whining that the enemy doesn't live up to their expectations of what a fair fight should be.
    There is an ignore function aswell
    I personally use it for the most annoying ones (Tino).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I think the whining you talk about is what happens after OP fights..or if someone hurt their ego at p2.
    i havent noticed any whining after random pvp encounters in the wastelands..that is what i want more in neocron.
    that is a little off topic tho..
    I would like le removed at certain lvl so people couldnt abuse it..or maybe some kind of restriction with the le like some have suggested.

The true tragedy of the LE is that PvP doesn't happen before cap. Just like the game seeks to balance PvP, so should the game seek to balance the true purpose of the LE. The LE represents a way for new players to learn the game risk free. And it represents a way for those who want to enjoy Neocron in ways other than PvP. That the vast majority of LEd players do not fall under either of those categories shows to me that we have a severe imbalance that should be addressed just as strongly as if there was an overpowered item in PvP.

So this third category we all fall under is?

I would like le removed at certain lvl so people couldnt abuse it..or maybe some kind of restriction with the le like some have suggested.
    Abuse it how? since surely any abuse of the game a LE'd can do a non-LE'd could do the only dif is you might be able to kill the person for it which sounds like a work around, a solution would be to remove the method of abuse.

ok.

let the players decide.

make a new server for manly PvP only. forget about the LE. call this server of glory.... "Neptune"

everyone goes there. or not. problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink View Post
    So this third category we all fall under is?
    Experienced players who will eventually take the LE out to join a clan.

I'd like to see it removed only so FF cant use LE characters to park quads on bodies so people cant res during an op fight.

Meh, the LE is shit, divedes the community and destroys a large and fun part of the game. Everyone who played without LE or in the good old times knows that.
    Discussing this topic is nearly impossible on this forum though, since every time some LE whiteknights come and talk about stuff they clearly have no idea about and jerk each other off.

So unless the Devs want to change the situation, we're stuck with OP fights that depend on fairness and lack any kind of rp and the lame crap that is p2. As for PvE we're stuck with either leaving our LE in, depending on fairness regarding all the little tricks and exploits, or we take it out and depend even more on fairness.

And actual ingame rp (that is not a few mature men using NC as chat client to tell each others stories) won't happen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    I'd like to see it removed only so FF cant use LE characters to park quads on bodies so people cant res during an op fight.
    So true. (I hope they got banned for that by now ...)

But back on topic, I support the idea of making the LE not work in certain zones. Warzones being one of them.
    Then dickwads can't park quads on bodies anymore, or rhino's at OP entrances to block it off, or scout / spot the attacking clan without risk of being killed, ...
    Do I need to continue listing ways in which the LE is being abused right now? So far I've only mentioned PVP, but we all know that there are plenty of ways in which the LE can be abused in PVE too.

I don't want to see the LE disappear, but something must be done to reduce the abuse because it actually holds back the development of the game as well.
    Every time someone sends screenshots or a video of someone else who is abusing, the devs have to spend precious development time to investigate.
    TITAN
    Knight-Barter: Capped conster / repper spy
    Knight-Research: PPU poker
    This is when I realized I should stop using professions in my char names ...
    Iron-Man: HC tank
    Future char plans: Res spy, RC spy, RC PE, PC PE, ...

Im in agreement with the OP.

Im sick and tired of the LE and people who hide behind it till woc 7 and do all kinds of lamo shit that people do in this game. Im slowly moving away from neocron again because for me the community has changed a lot and the LE has a lot to do with it.

From the aforementioned LE droners laming mc5 and all kinds of other crap to the real lack of pvp to be had within the game im finding myself turning slowly to other games for a fix of some digital mayhem. BF3 currently is my drug of choice and we as a clan have had many a discussion about different games.

This is not a leaving post (like so many others i have made before) but i am being honest its pushing me away. Before long i fear that a person without an LE will be looked at like a unicorn. A mythical creature.

I hope for a time when the proposed changes argued so many times are actually implemented and that the balancing project is in full swing and some of the fucking morons who fucked it up on this forum last time are ignored in order to balance neocron properly and completely.

When those days come i will give you 25 hours a day 8 days a week but as it is now i will become a spectator for the most part and come hang out with the guys in my clan when i feel like it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Because you all refuse to listen to me

I'd really like to suggest that everyone writes their own topic with ideas because blurting every idea into one thread is to confusing.

Let me attempt to address some concerns here.

Personally I have stepped back from this thread initially, to see where the discussion goes. While it is frustrating for everyone when "this" thread crops up again and again, it does often give us some valuable input. While the original post is not what we look for in the brainport, the posts since then are very valuable.

To put it simply, we are aware of the impact the Law Enforcer is having on the game. We are evaluating (and have been for some time) a ton of options in order to improve this feature. The total removal of this feature is not one of them.

We are moving as quickly as we can regarding this with the resources we have, as you can expect, there are a significant number of variables and view points we need to consider.

Originally we were going to implement changes step by step, as was evident with the improvements to PPU support, and the since back-tracked changes to the vehicle rule set. Clearly this method of delivering improvements in this area was not favoured by the community (I am aware part of this is down to the actual changes, not their delivery).

If you have an idea on addressing this feature, please create an individual brainport thread. This is incredibly helpful when it comes to quickly analysing your thoughts - and discussing them internally - on any matter. It prevents potentially great ideas from being lost among what can be lengthy discussions.

Hopefully we can share more Soon™.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Don't remove it, but high level chars should really only get the chance to cap in areas where the LE does not work.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast