Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Just remove the LE.. okay?

LE has no place in the world of neocron.

a) remove it completely from the game

or

b) make the players take it of at certain lvl.

Just DO IT

I'm sympathetic to the players who enjoy Neocron apart from the PvP so I personally believe the LE chip will always have a place. Sadly most posts that deal with changes to the LE are like yours and contain nothing of substance. The Nike slogan is not as compelling of an argument as you might think it is. Though you avoided using the word 'carebear' so kudos for that.

However, that the vast majority of leveling players have it in for so long is pretty lame. As it stands now I am doing epics outside of my intended faction and have no need for the fourth brain implant so there is literally no motivation to take it out which is unfortunate. I'd really like to see something like a 15% XP boost for characters without LE in order to encourage players to cut the cord early.

What about making the LE work only in certain zones?

It's a bit silly to think that chip works everywhere

Wow another one of these threads... Isn't this considered trolling by now? Or do you Devs over there currently have plans to remove the LE all together because it "has no place in the world of Neocron"?

The REAL Walker

*Sigh* Another one..
    The only thing that should be done to LE's, is to add a XP malus to the LE, like Jest said.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Don't feed the troll's..

Forcing runners to pvp is not the solution.

Rewarding runner for the risk of being Pk'ed would be good.
    Like in ultima online. Resource, money and xp gains were double in pvp world. ( In UO you could travel to pvp world via gates in game ).
    Finnish Gimp

Sorry if you feel this is trolling.. LE is more abused by experienced players than it is used by totally new players. People use LEd characters to farm techs and mc5. Dont want to force anyone to pvp who dont want to but you should be able to fight for that kind of loot.
    Then there is le droners who pull load of mobs and drop the agro on you etc. LEd characters are used for scouting..which is also lame. There is many many reasons why it should be removed or atleast removed from high lvl players.
    No need for "sigh" replies.. This is not trolling. The game would be better with all the random pvp or the fear of gettin shot when farming or whatever.

The REAL Walker

With the amount of anti LE threads there has been lately there is indeed reason to "sigh". Just take a look yourself..

I do agree that there should be some limits, since it is true that some players use LE's for Things that is borderline exploiting.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    Sorry if you feel this is trolling.. LE is more abused by experienced players than it is used by totally new players. People use LEd characters to farm techs and mc5. Dont want to force anyone to pvp who dont want to but you should be able to fight for that kind of loot.
    Then there is le droners who pull load of mobs and drop the agro on you etc. LEd characters are used for scouting..which is also lame. There is many many reasons why it should be removed or atleast removed from high lvl players.
    No need for "sigh" replies.. This is not trolling. The game would be better with all the random pvp or the fear of gettin shot when farming or whatever.
    Juppe this is the substance that your original post was lacking.

I think the comment about having the right to fight for top end loot is a fair one. Having a single area that provides top end implants that must be shared with the entire server is just insane to me. Restricting LE players from entering Mc5 seems like a fair option. I would guess that literally every single LEd person in Mc5 is farming for their non-LEd characters. Show me a single person who farms Mc5 exclusively for their LE characters and I might change my mind. :P

The mob agro would fall under the same category as an LEd character hacking your warbot. It sucks to be powerless against someone taking advantage of game mechanics to be a dick, but such is life. The solution is to get less people to keep the LE in, not to get rid of it.

Scouting with an LE character is just as pathetic as hacking the game imo. It is admitting that you need an edge in order to win against your opponents. But this could not be prevented short of removing the LE from the game completely which won't happen.

In my opinion still, the LE should only work in designated areas and MC5 would not be one of them

*checks calendar* Yep, its that time of the year already again.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    LE has no place in the world of neocron.

a) remove it completely from the game

or

b) make the players take it of at certain lvl.

Just DO IT
    I pvp'd when I played neocron before.

Currently I have my LE in and it will stay in for quite a while.

No I don't mind dying but all I see on help/ooc/trade is one bunch of pvper whine about another bunch of pvpers all night long "you aoed the UG, you zone whore, you clipper etc etc etc"

It reminds me of when I watched wrestling as a child, 9 parts actors talking shit to 1 part fighting.

So please explain why anyone who isn't a masochist wants to join the current group of pvpers.

No place for an LE but plenty of place for incessant whining? that's not the neocron I remember/enjoy

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink View Post
    I pvp'd when I played neocron before.

Currently I have my LE in and it will stay in for quite a while.

No I don't mind dying but all I see on help/ooc/trade is one bunch of pvper whine about another bunch of pvpers all night long "you aoed the UG, you zone whore, you clipper etc etc etc"

It reminds me of when I watched wrestling as a child, 9 parts actors talking shit to 1 part fighting.

So please explain why anyone who isn't a masochist wants to join the current group of pvpers.

No place for an LE but plenty of place for incessant whining? that's not the neocron I remember/enjoy
    Because PVP is fun, and you can just turn off OOC?
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Because PVP is fun, and you can just turn off OOC?
    Yes I remember it being fun but for one clan to whine at another clan for the couple of hours i'm online i'm thinking they are either whiners or not having fun.

Neither group i'm in a hurry to join.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink View Post
    Yes I remember it being fun but for one clan to whine at another clan for the couple of hours i'm online i'm thinking they are either whiners or not having fun.

Neither group i'm in a hurry to join.
    I do agree that there is a huge part of the PVP community that are hugely immature. But honestly, I just ignore them.

EDIT: Im not in any Clan atm though
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast