Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I think that my idea and your idea go hand in hand.

Keep the LE, make it work only in designated area's, and you can have the fun as described above.

Hm?

Which makes your DPS higher, by changing your whole setup going from pve to pvp also you can join clans, use outposts their GR's also you can use/exploit stockX

among other things!
    Really? Who do you think you can fool with that?

Noone needs the 4th brain slot for PvE. It's completely unneeded.

And joining clans? Everyone who wants to levels a character with LE until he has anything he needs, and the uses that charecter for PvP and makes a new one with LE for PvE.

And stockX ? just lol

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CritiNator View Post

There's absolutely no reason to take LE out, untill you are capped.
    Balance hopefully will return things like they used to be. I pvped with a Tangent Plasma Cannon for months (because I was a noob) and it was perfectly viable. These days you will never defeat a superior opponent in the same manner. Similarly once I got to a level I could use epic weapons like the TSU rifle or the TT rifle I knew I'd have a chance if I had to defend myself.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    Balance hopefully will return things like they used to be. I pvped with a Tangent Plasma Cannon for months (because I was a noob) and it was perfectly viable. These days you will never defeat a superior opponent in the same manner. Similarly once I got to a level I could use epic weapons like the TSU rifle or the TT rifle I knew I'd have a chance if I had to defend myself.
    This IMO is a big part of the problem. Balance is simply so poor that you dont have a chance to defend yourself, if youre getting jumped by capped players with rare/WoC weapons.
    Back when I leveled Sammy The Bull I started doing PVP at about 80 STR and was able to do quite well too. Thats just not possible anymore
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I disagree. I have levelled 7 non LE chars on titan and PVPd as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

I had a /30 vs /30 fight once and it was very fun.

I would even go PVP in P2 on my uncapped HC tank or uncapped sniper spy. As long as you dont use a retardedly low TL weapon, your chances of success are quite good, unless you fight a PPU backed something.

The arguments to take the LE out of the game become more stupid with every thread for this.

Now -after a lot of so-called "reasons" and "massive abusing and griefing, corps and GR blocking and... and...." with LE didn't showed the intended resonance now using an ALT with an LE beside the other chars is a condemned act against the spirit of the (pvp) game.

If one follows these posts there is few what could be taken seriously.

And this is running while 90% of the players in NC are levelling their chars and have fun WITH an LE'd char before cap.

Salute.

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    people talk about the pkers and griefers etc that will come when people remove the le but has anyone actually considered that people may decide that this is not actually the case.
    take crp for an example. a high end levelling zone and also a warzone which used to be prime for pvp. say a cave team is levelling there and the mythical pkers turn up. whos to say another clan decides its their job to police the zone and fight AGAINST the griefers that they know will come. people levelling without the le in will propagate and encourage more people to get involved in fights etc.
    because this is the interwebz. seriously, there might be some honour amongst thieves, but a few rotten apples are enough to spoil everyone's fun and people will leave this game if they are griefed. i know, i would. there are people who will simply do everything they can to ruin your day for their own fun and without any form of repercussion, they will do exactly that. all day.

give the le back some disadvantages like less xp, maybe less money as well. maybe just make it impossible to farm rares with le in. but if you implement that stuff, you have to punish pointless killing. you certainly can't count on any players to police this game. that's just delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I had a /30 vs /30 fight once and it was very fun.
    Any fight at reasonably close power level can be pretty fun! I've newb-fought with knives even, chasing the dude down the street with my tactical knife, rawr! I've been ganged up on in newb ( I mean 10-30) squabbles, and been part of the mob myself, PvP at all levels can be fun. It's the "Wow, hey is that a PA...PWNED!" when you are on your way to get your very first foot poke that tends to be a downer, but PvP shouldn't really be going on in Plaza (where newbs go for very first pokes) either. (Should probably be in PP, where everyone has warning, but that's another topic...)

The trick is to flee from superior force, and it would be nice if faction was respected (then you could at least *expect* to get shot at in particular neighborhoods and know what you are getting in to.) I mean that neutral factions shouldn't kill each other without some reason, allies certainly shouldn't, but I don't really expect for my factional enemies in game to not shoot at me though, regardless of my level. I mean, that's why they're the bad guys.

So, I suppose I'm saying "Fix SL/factional penalties, and tell us what the LE is for, pls."

The simple fact that multiple people will push a character thru a zone line; then they proceed to kill them and resurrect them over and over again just take all their belongings, Even if they have crap and are a newbie. Ive seen it happen several times in p2 and p3 with people being pushed while afk.

Then these same philistines cry for removal of LE they encounter resistance.... then they go out and exploit the LE by blocking Res's and GR's.

this is all so sickening; you should be ashamed of yourselves youve been trolling since nc2's release, its like you want the game to die!

Just leave if its so bad and your not having fun; people that are not exploiting are having a good time with their LE's in or out.

With the divide in setups in pve vs pvp; no one should ever be forced to remove the LE in the current system.

Simple fixes like making the actual GR or corpses click-able area (targeting rectangle) Huge, bigger then any vehicle; that would solve these minor issues with such asshats

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    The simple fact that multiple people will push a character thru a zone line; then they proceed to kill them and resurrect them over and over again just take all their belongings, Even if they have crap and are a newbie. I've seen it happen several times in p2 and p3 with people being pushed while afk.
    On the one hand, I have never, literally, ever, seen that happen and I've played since launch. (not saying it didn't happen, just saying it's not "common" - and I do not play with LE's at all.) and on the other hand as well, why were they AFK? Is AFK play what we want to be incentivized?

Finally it's weird to say "Hey you suck for driving people off! You should leave!" isn't it?

The simple fact that multiple people will push a character thru a zone line; then they proceed to kill them and resurrect them over and over again just take all their belongings, Even if they have crap and are a newbie. Ive seen it happen several times in p2 and p3 with people being pushed while afk.
    Yes but this is forbidden! If you see something like this record it and send it to exploits@neocron.info

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    Yes but this is forbidden! If you see something like this record it and send it to exploits@neocron.info
    Record it, is there a record function in NC; naaah didnt think so, so im sure some noob has a bought and paid for FRAPS just to catch douche bags right???

How is not being killed in a safe zone while afk doing whatever(EG: going to the bathroom while waiting for SI to wear off after getting ganked and GRi'ng), incentive's for leaving your in the LE? make some sense please!!

Ya and exploiting the LE the opposite was forbidden to and is reportable(blocking corpses and GR's), so why change one way over the other.

Really youve never seen it since launch? I see it happen on almost a daily basis. you jerkies can scream till your blue in the face but its being abused much worse by none-le'rs such as people pvping dying then switching over to a le'd to exploit..... seems like most pvpers are the ones doing the exploiting, lets just remove pvp from the game and we can fight over ops in hacknet!

As for my fix about making targeting boxes bigger to get around blocking things; no one can seem to come up with a coherent insult to rebukke it, I see, better get back to exploiting to justify removing the LE from the game so you can gank harder!

For some reason PVPers think they need to be above the rules, rules are there for a reason; stop crying and get back to pvping with your sandwiches and running lowbies down

Topic is derailing badly. Zone pushing has been here since the beginning. I ALWAYS sit on bench if i have to be afk.

Back on the topic.

Summary:
    Currently LE protects newbies.
    Does not give any penalties ( other than missing one brain slot ).
    Allows safe farming of rareparts, quest items, mc5's etc.
    Allows safe scouting in pvp.

LE usage should punish somehow, without being gamestopper. If someone want's to play LE in always, they should have possibility to do so. Some areas should have restrictions, that disable LE effect. OP areas, MC5, dungeons etc.

Maybe LE players should not drop items to belt, if they come to fighting area?
    Maybe reintroduce the xp/money loss while wearing LE.
    Finnish Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by CritiNator View Post
    Does not give any penalties ( other than missing one brain slot ).
    how do you debate with the other side if they keep repeating the same lie?

Just cause people repeat the same thing over and over again does not make it true.

Not sure how this is considered derailed it's stating the reality of why people leave LE in, and why it should not be removed?

debating unreasonable unstable people is going no where fast and fruitless.

how do you debate with the other side if they keep repeating the same lie?

Just cause people repeat the same thing over and over again does not make it true.

Not sure how this is considered derailed it's stating the reality of why people leave LE in, and why it should not be removed?

debating unreasonable unstable people is going no where fast and fruitless.
    So, becouse pushing peeps over zone line is possible, LE should not be changed at all?
    Sit on bench if you have to be afk. This has been here since the beginning, so its nothing new. Annoying thing, yes, but does not change the fact, that LE needs to be changed.
    Derailed, because zoneline pushing is other topic.

You keep baffling about that headslot awesomeness. Do you have any idea how much it affects your dmg? Its not much, i can say that. Damage gain from that one slot, would have been quite minor, becouse i had Balistic, Soldier 3 and 2 in on my tank. So, tell, me, how much more damage i could get with that soldier 1? Same thing with droner. I dont really miss any damage. Resistor chip you say? Nope, had too much in xray/energy resist anyway ( because i setupped my tank for warbot hunting ).

Farmer characters are not in clan. With these rules, there's no point risking to get killed, because you just wanna farm stuff. Right?

Instead of just attacking me, how bout you try to come up with solution?

EDIT:
    Just to make it clear to you, that many of us have atleast 2 characters.
    One in clan, the fighter character and one farmer.
    Finnish Gimp

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast