Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    Oh you'll be trying to stick to that one Mokoi. The torment you'll experience in your attempt not to post!!
    Heh... yes... yes that is.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ronda View Post
    what kind of crappy forum is that?

this post has maybe 1 maximum 2 useful posts in reply. even the dev or supporter whatever is kind of small talking/random blabbling on a serious actually "NC-defining" issue like BUGS AND EXPLOITS in the game.

the guides here somewhere else are the most incoherent i've ever seen and are like years old and halfassed. always starts with a topic that sounds kinds interesting, and then there is maybe 1 posts on several sites which contain anything useful. horrible

some infos i only can get by google and by and finding infos from like 2004, with spam all over the place. the Thwiki is good, but still far away from a really useful thing to exist other than with missions.

the fact that there are no real woc discs sources ingame anymore i found out after playing the game like 1 week .. still others sell them for millions, wtf is that crap?

this forum really needs some serious tweaking and some whatever discipline to give besides a "forum" for the 400people playing actually something for new players.
    for a starting point you can actually begin with banning me.
    Huh?

Admittedly NC has always needed more information (TH and synergy before it are very good resources) even when KK ran it time ago but as a lot of people have learnt that information (i.e con setups) by trial and error they are reluctant to give it to you for free when they've put so much effort into it.

Having setups on the net is argueable whether its even good, when I played WoW time ago (to my shame) there were 3 viable rogue setups that people used because the internet said there were 3 viable rogue setups.

Peeps that took the time to find/learn there own killed all those people.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Bah! ronda is just dumdies playing a silly trick on you all. :P

I love these rules.

1. You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
    And so you may not tell someone that they are sexy, stupid, bad at pvp, good at pvp in case it might embarrass them.

2. Generally, you may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language. You may use such language in a roleplaying context. But be aware of the fact that in a possible verbal harassment situation. The Support Staff will assume a non-roleplaying situation, if in doubt.
    Even though if I remember rightly that the game had a 15cert and actually uses many many many swear words like like F word and frequently references hiring prostitutes and hookers as well as encouraging buying, selling and taking drugs.

LIST OF PROHIBITED IN-GAME ACTIONS
    •Levelling constitution by repeatedly damaging yourself (either directly or indirectly)
    •Levelling constitution by repeatedly and purposely getting yourself killed by CopBots or S.T.O.R.M Bots.
    What means anyone using a fire modded grenade launcher is exploiting because 1/5 times in caves for no reason at all you tend to set yourself on fire. Yet in this scenario you could of course have someone else continually shoot you in your apartment because you are not damaging yourself.
    Also what about Crahn monks or guards of other forms in other faction HQs...

I know this post is being a bit silly and if you extend some of the rules to their logical conclusion you would of course realise that the cop and storm bot thing can be transferred to other things that perform the same role. But I think the rules need a bit of an update, especially relating to the first couple of points put on here.
    If this game is 13-15-18 or whatever rating then swearing and stuff should be free game.

On another note having looked down the list and seeing
    12. You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information, such as email address or billing information, which is required at the time you register with the NEOCRON Service. It is your responsibility to keep this information up-to-date using the website located at http://www.neocron.com.
    I remember my primary accounts email addy but I think my second account what I got and was paying for back in the days of NC2 I think that email account got hacked and never recovered, and as far as I know you cant change the email account that a game account has registered to it.

Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    i love these rules.
    tldr

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe View Post
    The rules (unless I missed it) doesn't contain a paragraph about real money trading.
    Are we to assume that is against the TOS as well?

Thanks.
    I promised a ruling, so here it is in the forum of a new rule...

19. You will not physically buy, trade or sell without limitation Neocron accounts, characters, in-game items, currency or any other Neocron content or services. The virtual buying, trading or selling of in-game items or services is expressly permitted using in-game currency (Neocron Credits) only within the boundaries of an officially authorised Neocron game world.
    So, yes, against the TOS. Sorry. We'll update the website to include this new rule shortly. Thanks for your patience.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by just a no-no. It contains the word "no" twice. Yes, I believe it's detected and enforced.

You believe it's detected and enforced? holy fuck, the dev team doesn't even let their staff know what they do and do not look for? Also there is no way it is enforced.. half the videos on youtube are with people using custom crosshairs, if it was enforced, how are they uploading videos with that?

Then let's just say I don't recommend it. I've made the rule clear, so if you decide to break it, on your own head be it.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

In game I have a tendency to be a bit vulgar and what not. I also enjoy trash talking. In the past this was never enforced (suffice to say that if the rules against foul and offensive communication were enforced I'd have been banned to hell) so I am wondering why now? Much of the appeal to Neocron, for me, is the grittiness. The way the world and game is more adult oriented. Censoring on the level implied by the rule will in my opinion seriously dilute the Neocron experience.

So ultimately, I have a question. Is this rule going to be enforced to the letter of the law? Meaning, will I get banned for saying fuck, shit, etc. on OOC or some such even if I am not reported?

If you can do it in-game without anything but keystrokes....its legit and the devs need to realize that. If you change game files or use third-party programs, you are a haxx and be banned forever. End of story if the devs could fix problems instead of ban legit players for playing the game as it was programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzon View Post
    You believe it's detected and enforced? holy fuck, the dev team doesn't even let their staff know what they do and do not look for? Also there is no way it is enforced.. half the videos on youtube are with people using custom crosshairs, if it was enforced, how are they uploading videos with that?
    Why are you so thick headed and disrespectful?

Jesus man, show some respect. You do realize there is no 'staff' and only a voluntary crew that provide you with the opportunity to play a game for free while they receive no payment for doing so? Instead, it costs money and they ask you fuck all for it.

Behave a little man, and realize that you need to show these guys a wee bit more appreciation than that you are.

Stop fighting, take care of the rules and decide to break them if you want, but don't come on here explaining how they aren't aware of what's going on internally or what not, because you've probably no clue for even 50% of what's going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    I promised a ruling, so here it is in the forum of a new rule...

So, yes, against the TOS. Sorry. We'll update the website to include this new rule shortly. Thanks for your patience.
    Thanks Nid

No need to be sorry about such a ruling, it's in line with most games in any case. Unless you have it monetized yourselves like for example EvE with game time cards it's bound to get ugly

Cheers.

Lets make sure if we cant share accounts without unfair banning for known actions of a different person, that we have a proper start date. Guilt by association? Can we really ban someones account knowing it was not the owner who cheated? Not with a clear conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    If you can do it in-game without anything but keystrokes....its legit and the devs need to realize that. If you change game files or use third-party programs, you are a haxx and be banned forever. End of story if the devs could fix problems instead of ban legit players for playing the game as it was programmed.
    you seem to know a lot more than any of us including the devs. you seem very wise. maybe you should write a book about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Can we really ban someones account knowing it was not the owner who cheated? Not with a clear conscience.
    Believe me when I say that we won't lose so much as a second's sleep over it. Do not share your account, or face the consequences.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast