Thread: Outpost Control

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Can't ninja either. Solves the problem succinctly. Let them attack ops but not be able to keep them. Ie attack layer 1-3 but no effect on layer 4. Basic simplest solution.

Of course the big clans will just split down into op fighting teams but at least the faction politics remains relatively relevant.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

"Hey, that other clan already has their 6 outpost cap, fuck defending, they can't take it", says every clan that just wants an outpost to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzon View Post
    "Hey, that other clan already has their 6 outpost cap, fuck defending, they can't take it", says every clan that just wants an outpost to have one.

have to turn up to find out. not everyone wants the op, some just want to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    have to turn up to find out. not everyone wants the op, some just want to fight.
    Have you ever thought about it that you need to hack the op, so that your opponent cant log in another xx chars, or releases, imps himself and gr's back to fight again? Because that happens, will happen and happened before.

On the one hand you guys shout out for a cap, on the other hand you are trying to tell everyone that "the fight" is more important than the op. Of course it's the fight that matters, but if you win the fight you win the op. As i mentioned before, sometimes the 4th hack is needed to be able to end a fight.

Limit the number of ops a clan can own to 3 or 4. Once they have the limit they can attack and take another but their oldest op is forfeited to neutral. Keeps fighting going and limits monopolies.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Limit the number of ops a clan can own to 3 or 4. Once they have the limit they can attack and take another but their oldest op is forfeited to neutral. Keeps fighting going and limits monopolies.
    I dont get this.. Why a limit on OP's that Clans can hold?
    Mind you I havent read the entire thread yet - will read it through tommorow though, . Im just too damn tired right now
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

this gets my vote.

this.
    but 3-4 is too low. 6 at least, no more than 8.
    also, faid, can i buy a woc disk for 500k?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    I dont get this.. Why a limit on OP's that Clans can hold?
    Mind you I havent read the entire thread yet - will read it through tommorow though, . Im just too damn tired right now
    It would encourage more Clans to actually get into op fighting (not just the bigger one's but smaller one's as well), it promotes more diversity throughout the entire community. You would effectively stop the monopolizing of the map. It would also severrely cut down on Ninja hacking, which was the original point of this thread.

Thumbs up

First real good suggestion! The number of op's is up for negotiation, but i like the idea.

If any clan was "hardcore" enough they could still create Clan 1, Clan 2, Clan 3 etc. to circumvent the "only hold X number of OPs".
    Titan: Da Saints (APU) / Da-Saints (RC Spy)

no to either. why? because the anti-ninja-hack-measure will make any clan take ops and log over to their alts, so nobody can take away those OPs, ever. and limiting the number of OPs any clan can hold is easily hacked as well (see assimilators post).

why dont you just solve this problem ingame? hack your OPs back in the morning (local time), attack any multi-op-holding clans continuously. if you and your friends cant, you simply dont deserve to own an OP. i dont see the problem. anyone?

From a "not so much NC PVP experience" point of view, I agree with Torg

The REAL Walker

Making it so that a certain number of runners need to be online in the clan that owns the output, before the other clan could attempt to hack. This is only for the first layer (that way people can't just see the first layer go down, then log off to block the rest of the layers being hacked).
    ^This in addition with
    control decay, ie if a clan doesn't get attacked for say 5 days, the "ninja hack protection" decays off the outpost that has not been attacked
    ^That would be a great idea. Say, you would need to have 3 runners online, to get attacked. You would still be able to be zerged, but if you are good, most zergers are rather easy kills.

I do not like the idea of limiting the amount of OP's a Clan can own. Exept for Ninja hackers, a Clan that can take and hold several OP's deserve it IMO.
    Hell I have been in a Clan that had the entire map for more than a month, with Clans working together to take some back - we would just split up, and defend. And this was not a insanely big Clan either - 10-15 players if everyone was online IIRC.
    It wasent untill the Clan was disbanded that we lost control of the map, since that obviously makes the OP's neutral.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    why dont you just solve this problem ingame? hack your OPs back in the morning (local time), attack any multi-op-holding clans continuously. if you and your friends cant, you simply dont deserve to own an OP. i dont see the problem. anyone?
    So everyday when my clanmates and I log in we should attack and take all the op's the other multi-op owning clans have? We could do that easily, we play in the US primetime most of the big clans have few or no members online. So I guess since they can't defend when we are on then they dont deserve the OP's.

Do you see the problem here? This behaviour creates a cycle of pointless ninja hacking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast