Default Put a timer on the self_kill command

Opposed to my previous suggestion to put SI on resurrection, please further discuss the possibility of putting a timer on the self_kill command.

Do you like the idea? How long would the timer be? Would you like to see it differently?

For anyone that has not read the previous thread. I suggested to put SI on resurrection to avoid people cheating their way out of drug flash.

This was criticized to be too harsh and therefor it was suggested to place a timer on self_kill. This would reduce the effectiveness of self killing to avoid drug flash while not causing as much of a penalty as SI would.
    Last edited by SilentEye; 29-03-13 at 18:04. Reason: See italic.

I like this idea. The kill self command is abused in other ways too.

I'd say the same amount of time as the reset position command (2 mins?) is fine.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Yea 2 mins should be good.

I pretty much never use drugs anyway.. drugs r bad!

+1

Haters gonna hate, good suggestion! I like^^
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    Opposed to my previous suggestion to put SI on resurrection, please further discuss the possibility of putting a timer on the self_kill command.

Do you like the idea? How long would the timer be? Would you like to see it differently?

For anyone that has not read the previous thread. I suggested to put SI on resurrection to avoid people cheating their way out of drug flash.

This was criticized to be too harsh and therefor it was suggested to place a timer on self_kill. This would reduce the effectiveness of self killing to avoid drug flash while not causing as much of a penalty as SI would.
    Won't fix the kill self in opp fights problem because you will just get another friendly player to kill you instead what if you wanted to die would involve standing still for the whole of 5-10seconds tops even fully buffed. Nice idea though. Still prefer that the drug flash adds to your SI on being ressed. So for instance if you have a 3min drug on you, on death you get 5% SI, 6min 10%, 10min 15% per drug of that type. Capping off at say 50% SI on being ressed, maybe a bit less.

Honestly there isn't a real point. If a player wants to kill themselves it's easy. Limiting the ability to self kill is just a band-aid solution imo.

What specific problems are you trying to address? If it's drugs still I think the problem of drugflash being too harsh, coupled with dodging it being too easy (and possibly drug subskill bonuses being too good, particularly to hlt and speed) are the things that need addressing.
    Last edited by onero S; 30-03-13 at 00:19.

Completely opposed to this idea as well.

There is nothing wrong with drugs or the self kill command.

People want to use drugs then kill themselves to get rid of the drugflash? So what? It takes them out of the fight for up to two minutes (and in an OP fight, that's enough time to decide a fight).

Just because other people do something that certain others don't do which enhances certain in-game abilities does not mean it needs to be changed. They are taking the hit to their wallet and time to make their fighting time better. If they want to take those risks, it's their decision. Join them, or understand that they will be able to run faster, hit harder, and aim quicker because they are willing to make the sacrifices that using drugs brings along with them.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by braydagner View Post

People want to use drugs then kill themselves to get rid of the drugflash? So what? It takes them out of the fight for up to two minutes (and in an OP fight, that's enough time to decide a fight).

Just because other people do something that certain others don't do which enhances certain in-game abilities does not mean it needs to be changed. They are taking the hit to their wallet and time to make their fighting time better. If they want to take those risks, it's their decision. Join them, or understand that they will be able to run faster, hit harder, and aim quicker because they are willing to make the sacrifices that using drugs brings along with them.
    ^ This.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Also this ^

/thread

what bray said.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

AOEing myself to death is quicker than typing /set self_kill. Should we remove AOE?

Give me strength.

IM ok with this idea as it was mine in a previous thread Even though some of my clan mates here disagree

Make it the same amount of time as the reset position

Serves no real purpose, easily circumvented.

0.03/10

I don't agree with the OP's idea but I realize where he's coming from.
    Too many people kill_self and get rezzed in the underground to get rid of drugflash in less than a minute.
    I've done this too in the past and while it's handy, it also feels like an absolute drag to do it every 10 minutes.
    Unfortunately NC PvP is heavily influenced by drugs so most people use some (or a lot) and will suffer for it sooner or later.

Like in the other related topics I will stay true to my previous suggestion of "freezing" the drugflash time on death and restarting it upon getting rezzed.
    This will force people to find a balanced setup with 1-2 drugs (or a no drug setup) so they can PvP for an extended period of time before they have to go sit in a corner for half an hour.
    Or they can choose to drug up like crazy and hope the fight is over in max 15-20 minutes.
    TITAN
    Knight-Barter: Capped conster / repper spy
    Knight-Research: PPU poker
    This is when I realized I should stop using professions in my char names ...
    Iron-Man: HC tank
    Future char plans: Res spy, RC spy, RC PE, PC PE, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast