Thread: Whats to come?

Default Whats to come?

I will be the first one to say that I love Neocron...I was into way back in the day and only left NC because I was playing a game called Tabula Rasa that was similar. I am wondering---What big things are in the works for Neocron? I understand its free and you really cant expect every little thing to be exactly as you want, but there are some pretty gaping holes in the gameplay...I hope this isn't seen as complaint list, but its just the things that I think should be addressed before a lot of other stuff that I see being worked on in patches....Don't get me wrong its nice when a patch comes out and fixes stuff, but there are WAY bigger things wrong with the game:

1. Spells (when you switch to them with the quick wheel) often times will not start to cast for about 3-5 seconds no matter how many times you keep hitting the mouse button.
    2. CONSTANT kickoffs or never ending SYNC screens.
    3. The health bar will often times go in reverse while you are healing and not being hit and sometimes will hit zero for several seconds but you wont die
    4. The trade window CONSTANTLY gets stuck open when tipping pokers
    5. If you click on the "?" next to the "X" on the skills window, it will suddenly get cut off and not explain all of the skills (which really need to be explained better by the developers so players can fully understand them and not have to come up with guesstimate calculations)
    6. Pretty much unless you have someone guiding you or you've spent weeks and months figuring it out yourself, MOST of the item descriptions and stats are unclear, missing vital information, or have no description or an invalid description. Case in Point: The Creature Focus spell....unless you go on the forums or ask someone, there is no way to figure out how it works. This applies to probably MOST spells..

Look I could go on and on forever, and Im sure we could all make a list like this, but honestly, Id like to at least know that at some point a lot of the gaping holes and gameplay issues are going to be resolved at some point before I invest hundreds of game hours into a game that is never going to reach its potential...I mean, for example, in no official Neocron documentation does it state what spells can be cast by or on LE'ed and non LE'd players...A PPU or AP could play for months and not know that there spells are not being cast. There are just so many things that are wayyyyy more PITA than 90% of the minor minor patch fixes that keep coming out....Why not leave all the minor bugs be (since they are just that-minor) and slowly start working on BIG stuff...Like Patch 182 instead of fixing 19 small things, just release one giant fix like updating all of the item descriptions and functionality verbiage...That would be way better than fixing a sync error in quadrant J06 that only happens from 7am to 8am on Tuesdays or something like that which is the jist of most of the patch fixes...They are just fixes for super minor stuff that doesn't actually really affect gameplay..I mean just the fact that if a new player signs up and clicks on the "?" button on any screen, his information is cut off! It turns people away from the game and ultimately its because of these gaping issues that only 50 or 100 or 200 are on the server at any given time....No one really cares about a stupid bug that happens once in a blue moon but they do care about the fact they get booted constantly and have info screens with no info!

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

No, the devs are right on track.

Bug Reports. If we don't know about it, we can't fix it.

Brainport. If you have a suggestion for what should be worked on, please share it.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Hi Moze,

Can I suggest that you read the developer updated? There is a lot of information there on where they are trying to go, also explaining how they are trying to get there.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...opment-Updates

For example it has been explained that they want to bring in small updates 1 by 1 since it's easier to track if everything is going alright or not.

They have stated that often they have released large updated, with insufficient testing, resulting in more broken stuff.

I could explain it all here but I feel that reading the developer updates will answer your questions.

On a last note I want to say that I experience all the same bugs as you, I think they are highly annoying and deserve to be resolved. But we have to stay patient and faithful

I'm sure that they are well aware of the issues and working at them 1 by 1! We are still dealing with a voluntary crew that have other real life jobs too

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    I'm sure that they are well aware of the issues and working at them 1 by 1! We are still dealing with a voluntary crew that have other real life jobs too
    Please, never assume we're aware of a bug or issue. The best thing you can ever do is report the issue you're encountering. If a report exists, post with further details or steps to reproduce it. Never stay silent!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Please, never assume we're aware of a bug or issue. The best thing you can ever do is report the issue you're encountering. If a report exists, post with further details or steps to reproduce it. Never stay silent!
    Yes sir, sorry sir