Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    What else in Tech Haven would make it relevant? What type of areas would you like to see? How could the space be used? Would you consider Tech Haven to have a "unique selling point" which could be used to draw people in?
    Beyond my suggestions above I'd probably have to spend a bit more time there before I can think of anything else. I'll probably try and level a character there if the starter apartments are moved. I should note that I plan to try to make TH more relevant regardless of any programming changes by offering trades and services there, because even if did every change and more that doesn't guarantee a relevant Tech Haven without the support of the players as well.

A return to Tech Haven has been suggested many, many times. What else would make it special and not just another empty zone?
    To the majority of Fallen Angels it is already a special zone, it is far more a part of their identity than the other wasteland factions. To make it anything more than an empty zone the runners offering trade skill services need to be enticed to get outside of the safety of P1 and P1 apartments. I believe that steps 1,3,4,5 in my original post are a good place to start. Are there serious programming obstacles to moving starter apartments to TH? Is a skill bonus in the wasteland outposts even possible?

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

I've always remembered TH as the place for anti traders to congregate and ply their wares. I remember going to TH on my then CA gentank and having a feel of unease and paranoia that I'd either get scammed or ganked as soon as I left a safe zone. I miss those feelings.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

What else in Tech Haven would make it relevant? What type of areas would you like to see? How could the space be used? Would you consider Tech Haven to have a "unique selling point" which could be used to draw people in?

A return to Tech Haven has been suggested many, many times. What else would make it special and not just another empty zone?
    It is our home! Its where we live!
    Thats what makes it special, nothing else needed.

Well you asked for that one ;-)

To be more productive:

1) What Tech Haven really needs are basic supplies. I listed them up a while ago, but the most important ones are: Access to an All Buyer (very high priority), and access to ammunitions and weapons (very high priority). Also needed, but maybe more tolerated than invited, is a seller of beginner PSI equipment for those that start as Monks in Tech Haven.
    The area most suited for it would be Tech Haven 3, as it already has the necessary niches (that were sealed off) for a few shops to pop up. Maybe emphasize a bit mor on energy weapons (it would be enough that their shop looks nicer, more professional) to underline Tech Haven as high tech center.

2) Tech Haven needs areas to level in. At the momen it is barely possible, with much hacking in between in most tubes. Hacking takes level time. Either the hacking of doors is worth it in terms of reward or it should be taken out (as sad as I would find that. By the way that counts for Military Base too).

3) One "unique selling point" could be that there is an area wich offers a mob size not easily encountered elsewhere (CR 40 or 60 comes to mind). If it would be an inside area that one would have to be made carefully, it could on the other hand be around Tech Haven (in the two sectors with entrances.) Since TH would offer supplies and selling opportunities then, it would be easily used as base of operations for that areas, for all that can easily interact with Tech Haven (Fallen Angels have enemies too, and I guess those wouldn't really be welcomed (thinking of the entrance laser cannons for example).
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Tech Haven should provide a buff to all trade skills while you are in the zone This would make it a key area for trade skillers to visit

I'll leave the specific details up for debate but I like the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    1) What Tech Haven really needs are basic supplies.
    I'm not sure if I am just terrible at searching but I couldn't even find research substance in TH outside of being an FSM. I thought there where a bunch of shops in the middle hallway of TH3 but it looks like just a bunch of faction representations and elevators that do nothing. Does this place have a purpose? If not you could easily put 3-4 shops in there.

2) Tech Haven needs areas to level in. At the momen it is barely possible, with much hacking in between in most tubes. Hacking takes level time. Either the hacking of doors is worth it in terms of reward or it should be taken out (as sad as I would find that. By the way that counts for Military Base too).
    I remember leveling against those spiderish bots back in the day but I haven't found the zone yet. There definitely needs to be some equivalent sewers and cellars there.

3) One "unique selling point" could be that there is an area which offers a mob size not easily encountered elsewhere
    I like it. That was partially what I was intending with my post on new bone enforcements. To give some life to zones and mobs that don't get much attention. As it stands 90% of players at any given time can probably be found in 10 zones tops.

When I played before and we had DoY techhaven was a good neutral meeting zone for pro/anti factions.

Now we can all go to plaz 1 so there is no need for a neutral meeting zone especially when its not even a safe zone.

As a tradeskiller if you have the choice of lots of work in plaz 1 in safety or little work in tech haven and you may get killed which would you choose?

Small bonuses are a nice idea but they won't attract any tradeskillers since for general tradeskilling it will make no difference (235 cst rather than 230 cst when your making a tl 19 cannon for someone won't do much) and when you do want a bonus for making rares/ressing tl 150's etc you'll still go to the OP for the larger bonus.

I've been thinking much of the same when it comes to the skills bonuses. The more time I spend in TH the more of an impossible task it seems to get individuals there again.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    I'm not sure if I am just terrible at searching but I couldn't even find research substance in TH outside of being an FSM. I thought there where a bunch of shops in the middle hallway of TH3 but it looks like just a bunch of faction representations and elevators that do nothing. Does this place have a purpose? If not you could easily put 3-4 shops in there.
    There were lots of shops there once, but they got removed in the transit of the new faction system, which is one reason its this empty there. And yes, thats the space I meant, were shops could be again, too.
    Also i don't think you are terrible at searching, I couldn't find research substances and the like too, I had thought its on the appropiate vendors, but neither those in TH2, nor those in TH 1 have some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    I remember leveling against those spiderish bots back in the day but I haven't found the zone yet. There definitely needs to be some equivalent sewers and cellars there.
    Those a re still there, but to kill more than a few of them you need to have hacking at your disposal, and you have to use is quite frequently.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

TH is so cool!
    Make some "unique" shops in TH, maybe for furniture, turrets (when they work), HN Software, whatever..

Or, to be slightly absurd, a branch of the Traderunion (maybe joinable^^) - would be pretty cool, I think

Or use it for some events (Auctions, PvP Arena).. Let's start brainstorming :P
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12