Long OP fights are a good thing...

It's certainly not impossible to kill, or at the very least, stop a PPU from rezzing.

That comes down to player skill and is nothing to do with game mechanics. You cannot change game mechanics due to player skill. At least I hope that they dont do that. WOW dumbed down its operating system and many of the hardcore fans cried out that it had been made too easy and they hated it.

People like a challenge. Making things too easy leads to boredom.

However balancing things to make them more fair - risk vs reward - is a thing that I think NC needs to do better.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Skimmed through it.

I like the idea a lot. If you're ressed in a fight, you can't just jump back into the fight. Nothing like GR SI, but enough where you're out for 2-3 minutes.

To handle drug ressing, it'd be nice to see kill_self on a timer, and not give SI on res.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

SI from being ressed would be preposterous in anything other than a pve situation. No thanks.

To keep things clear, feel free to discuss the timer on self_kill on the newly created thread.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...f_kill-command

Timer for kill_self I don't think could fix the problem in opp fights problem because you will just get another friendly player to kill you instead what if you wanted to die would involve standing still for the whole of 5-10seconds tops even fully buffed. Nice idea though.
    Still prefer that the drug flash adds to your SI on being ressed. So for instance if you have a 3min drug on you, on death you get 5% SI, 6min 10%, 10min 15% per drug of that type. Capping off at say 50% SI on being ressed, maybe a bit less.

As someone offered as an option to have intoxication put a small damage over time effect on the user why the drugs are active with the more drugs you are on the worse it gets. I like the idea of this but sense it may also cause a prob. Even with something like 3min drug = 3hp/3sec, 6min drug = 6hp/3sec, 10min drug =10hp/3sec. Characters like PEs who tend to require 2-3 drugs min to just keep up with other classes or to get the stats needed to use items you could be losing 26hp per 3sec tick. Spys of course not having the potential HP of a PE could be in even more trouble, though require less drugs to compete. In a game that is still currently very tank dominated this would no doubt tip the balance even more in their favour.
    Last edited by demonssword; 29-03-13 at 20:10.

No demonsword. You just said you liked my idea then completely made up your own interpretation of it. That's not how I described it at all. I said when drug flash hits it should become a body health nerf. Not a hp nerf and not until after the 20 mins of drugging we get now.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    Timer for kill_self I don't think could fix the problem in opp fights problem because you will just get another friendly player to kill you instead what if you wanted to die would involve standing still for the whole of 5-10seconds tops even fully buffed. Nice idea though.
    Still prefer that the drug flash adds to your SI on being ressed. So for instance if you have a 3min drug on you, on death you get 5% SI, 6min 10%, 10min 15% per drug of that type. Capping off at say 50% SI on being ressed, maybe a bit less.

As someone offered as an option to have intoxication put a small damage over time effect on the user why the drugs are active with the more drugs you are on the worse it gets. I like the idea of this but sense it may also cause a prob. Even with something like 3min drug = 3hp/3sec, 6min drug = 6hp/3sec, 10min drug =10hp/3sec. Characters like PEs who tend to require 2-3 drugs min to just keep up with other classes or to get the stats needed to use items you could be losing 26hp per 3sec tick. Spys of course not having the potential HP of a PE could be in even more trouble, though require less drugs to compete. In a game that is still currently very tank dominated this would no doubt tip the balance even more in their favour.

sorry but i think this idea is massively shit. its overcomplicating and incredible in its ability to nerf the shit out of classes who decide to use drugs.

Drugs are part of the cyberpunk atmosphere. Combat drugs are there to make the best better. Lance armstrong will tell you this if he ever gives another interview. Do not fucking ruin them.

I hate to say it but i despair at some of the ideas in threads like this and worry that the community is sometimes just spouting off ideas to get some kind of recognition from its peers and will actually be detrimental to the game.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234