People should implant a moveon cpu in their heads and this should make them immune to drugflash.

Personally i would rather see DF removed and the person start to take damage over time from too many drugs/toxins/poisons in the body. Coupled with some kind of anti-toxin to kill off that poison which will take time to inject (thinking nanite style) would be a good one.

This works in multiple ways.

1. no df. keep fighting.
    2. still limits drug intake.
    3. nanite cleanser stops player getting heals etc from friendly ppu so forces them to figure out at what point its more beneficial to remove stacks of drug "debuff" or get a heal to ride out damage taken.

Sorry if this is a hijack but im in one of my genius moods today.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    People should implant a moveon cpu in their heads and this should make them immune to drugflash.

Personally i would rather see DF removed and the person start to take damage over time from too many drugs/toxins/poisons in the body. Coupled with some kind of anti-toxin to kill off that poison which will take time to inject (thinking nanite style) would be a good one.

This works in multiple ways.

1. no df. keep fighting.
    2. still limits drug intake.
    3. nanite cleanser stops player getting heals etc from friendly ppu so forces them to figure out at what point its more beneficial to remove stacks of drug "debuff" or get a heal to ride out damage taken.

Sorry if this is a hijack but im in one of my genius moods today.

Hmmmmmmm, This is actually pretty intriguing.

Or you can make the drug flash become a toxin which slowly kills the person. Lowering their body health permanently for the duration of the timer. So then their HP max will go lower all the time making it easier for them to be killed. The player can still receive healing up to the the max hp so they are not totally at risk but they need to either remove the toxins (with Doc's Nannite tool) OR they go down to 5 body health minimum (for example) and can be killed in one shot. Death would remove the toxin automatically. You can still get a rez to remove it however as this part does not need to be changed.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

William, would this toxin stay upon death/ress?

If we're talking about death as a loophole then simply remove the kill-self command, or better yet make the kill-self command take longer, maybe 1-2 minutes much like resetting position.

The problem is not drugrez; its the debilitating drugflash status.

It's basically impossible to PVP while DF, movements are crippled and you can't see shit.

If the DF was something that didn't render a runner completely useless, than I bet most people would simply fight trough it.

Making it impossible to move/see/use items is totally overkill when considering drug use in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    If we're talking about death as a loophole then simply remove the kill-self command, or better yet make the kill-self command take longer, maybe 1-2 minutes much like resetting position.
    I like this!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    William, would this toxin stay upon death/ress?
    reread the other post. It is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    The problem is not drugrez; its the debilitating drugflash status.

It's basically impossible to PVP while DF, movements are crippled and you can't see shit.

If the DF was something that didn't render a runner completely useless, than I bet most people would simply fight trough it.

Making it impossible to move/see/use items is totally overkill when considering drug use in NC.
    yes hence why I said have a toxin that temporarily reduces body health (and thus overall hp) for a period of time. You can still fight but you are now easier to kill - less HP. Maybe even less resists too? Have it work in the same was as synaptic impairment even if you need to but only affecting the constitution of the individual - not his weapon skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Do you even think before posting Faid ?

Removing kill_self is a bandaid solution, and one that can easily be avoided, simply by having clanmate kill you. Even for P2, just get dev'd by someone, zone, and go die next to PPU.

Theres nothing wrong with the kill_self, the source of the problem is the drugflash maluses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Do you even think before posting Faid ?

Removing kill_self is a bandaid solution, and one that can easily be avoided, simply by having clanmate kill you. Even for P2, just get dev'd by someone, zone, and go die next to PPU.

Theres nothing wrong with the kill_self, the source of the problem is the drugflash maluses.
    Do you even think before you post Kame?
    Jesus Christ m8 read my post, I was referring to the comments people have made about Killing yourself being a loophole to rid you of DF. This idea would be a solution to that particular loophole. I don't even think it's a problem, but i offered up a solution for it anyway.

I happen to agree with you that DF is the problem, in many cases DF = Death anyway.
    [ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 27-03-13 at 20:13. Reason: Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    reread the other post. It is in there.

yes hence why I said have a toxin that temporarily reduces body health (and thus overall hp) for a period of time. You can still fight but you are now easier to kill - less HP. Maybe even less resists too? Have it work in the same was as synaptic impairment even if you need to but only affecting the constitution of the individual - not his weapon skills.
    Yea... this idea is good, or some variation of it. I like the idea that drugging will slowly hurt your surviveability, via max hp, resists, reduced healing, or some combo of the above. As far dying goes, I second the proposal that GRing removes the penalties, but a rezz simply restores you to the status you had when you died as far as drug effects go.

Edit: Also, come on people, let's keep it civil. Everyone in this thread is here because they want to improve neocron (I hope). Let's try to refrain from attacking each other; we're all on the same side: trying to help make NC better.

No, rez should clear any ill effects on the body what ever form they take. Dying should cleanse the soul. I am dead against any persistent effects through death. (pardon the pun).

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

OK. This is SI after rez is a crap idea. SI on rezzing impedes game play and offers no benefit.

SI on rezzing is a good idea for a multitude of reasons. It does not impede gameplay, and adds to tactics. It could help finally bring an end to endless op wars where people keep rezzing over and over again. It would make you think about how much ammo you have to take, drugs, weight, etc etc. Let's be honest... right now, in op wars, rezzing is a complete joke. It effectively stalemates an attack because PPUs are so hard to kill.

Let's not forget that most Cyberpunk games and even in some literature...they don't allow you to do any alteration of your clone, or gene replication, while under the influence of any toxin/drug/etc, or you come out with a rotten pumpkin shaped head and you're then retarded.

SI on rez
    Drugs should clear on rez

Pretty much good on that. Every other game/pen and paper/cyberpunk has SI/temporary malus on ressurect.

Stalemating the op fights has been fucking lame as of late. The SI time would at least aid and give a little bit of time for hackers/fighters instead of REZ FIGHT REZ FIGHT REZ FIGHT. Right off the rez and ready to fight? That's jackassery, at best, and ruins gameplay for the attackers when the defenders already have an underground they can go hide in and buff/heal/drug/drug rez. This would aid in attacking and defending, and stave off the ridiculousness that is the neverending op fight.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

I can imagine why people wouldn't want SI on resurrection and I'm willing to accept that. But I still feel drugs should have a lasting effect.

I'm all for changing the drug flash into something else, like a toxic like suggested by William, I really liked that idea.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast