Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I am against the idea. Drugs are one of the few cash sinks in the game. We need to encourage drug use in nc not punish it.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by onero S View Post
    heck most of the commonly spammed ones are recyclable anyway.
    solution?
    make them not recyclable/researchable. as a money sink, it's only logical.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by braydagner View Post
    solution?
    make them not recyclable/researchable. as a money sink, it's only logical.
    See now that is a good idea.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Thanks for all the replies. I'd like tosay again though that the discussion here is in regard to drug flash and not drug effectiveness

Do you feel that cheating your way out of the drug flash by self_kill and resurrecting is fine or not? If not, what would you change?

Last edited by SilentEye; 26-03-13 at 15:46.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I'd like tosay again though that the discussion here is in regard to drug flash and not drug effectiveness

Do you feel that cheating your way out of the drug flash by self_kill and resurrecting is fine or not? If not, what would you change?

I think its perfectly fine. I even made a (low level) PPU to rez myself.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Agreed.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Personally I think it is a bit of an exploit. Especially when you think of the defending OP team. I could simply have an alt PPU in the underground dual logged. Once drugflash hits, I jump into the UG, kill myself and rez myself. No risk, no probs.

I think the solution should be clear though... Simply make drugflash stay through rez, not through GR. That way, you cant kill yourself to clear drugflash unless you want to wait for SI, but at the same time, legitimate rezzing is unaffected.

The only problem is that this would effectively kill drugs all together, they would become another unused pointless item. I think death is enough of a penalty for the removal of drug flash, personally I don't see this as a problem at all in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    The only problem is that this would effectively kill drugs all together, they would become another unused pointless item. I think death is enough of a penalty for the removal of drug flash, personally I don't see this as a problem at all in game.
    Drugs are awesome, and should not be killed off. I think the issue I have with them however is the penalty for using them is in some ways too harsh. Drug flash is so debilitating that people are forced to die to get rid of them. I would much rather have penalties for drugging that you can't escape, but that don't make you useless. Something like withdrawal will slowly kill you (unless healed by a PPU (takes a rezz ammout of time) or for cash in medicare). You can avoid withdrawal indefinitely by taking more drugs, but each time after the first you take drugs, it reduces some con element by some amount (doesn't have to be the same for all drugs, but say hlt, or resists, or something). In this way, you're never going to suddenly be unable to fight, but drugging over and over becomes unfeasible. Withdrawal also isn't crippling, if you've only drugged once or twice it's just a mild malus to healing, but if you've drugged like 5 times, healing would work at a snails pace until you were cured or waited it out.

Part of the issue I have with drugs now is that there is no differentiation between mild and heavy drug use. It would be awesome if using one performance enhancing drug sparingly wasn't an issue at all and provided almost no negatives (this would be realistic), but using drugs heavily becomes a tradeoff. It would also hopefully make the shorter duration drugs more viable since a little bit if drug flash or a little bit of dependence isn't a huge deal (and in fact taking more drugs can temporarily offset the dependence hits if you take the right ones ).

I would rather just remove drug flash altogether.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I would rather just remove drug flash altogether.
    It would be silly, might as well just give people extra points to spend in their char sheet. Trade-offs are what make neocron fun.

Well the problem here is that the current system favours people who have easy access to a safe rez. To me this needs to be made fair, so if removal of the ability to rez out of drugflash would put them at risk of becoming useless, then drugflash needs to be removed altogether, that way its fair for both sides.

At the moment, the ability for defenders to get an easy safe rez means that attackers are at an automatic disadvantage. Because an alt rezzer can be used, doing this doesn't even take an active PPU out of combat for the defending team. It's no wonder attackers often resort to AFK hacking or AOE on the UG with this level of disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post
    Personally I think it is a bit of an exploit. Especially when you think of the defending OP team. I could simply have an alt PPU in the underground dual logged. Once drugflash hits, I jump into the UG, kill myself and rez myself. No risk, no probs.

I think the solution should be clear though... Simply make drugflash stay through rez, not through GR. That way, you cant kill yourself to clear drugflash unless you want to wait for SI, but at the same time, legitimate rezzing is unaffected.
    I agree with this completely.

I think death is enough of a penalty for the removal of drug flash, personally I don't see this as a problem at all in game.

But there is no penalty if people are getting rezzed.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    But there is no penalty if people are getting rezzed.
    The penalty is having to get rezzed. Then rebuffed and then redrugged. It takes some amount of time and it takes the cooperation of another player. That, to me, is enough of a penalty. If you have DF persistant through death then you will have no one ever use drugs essentially rendering them another pointless unused item.

The penalty is having to get rezzed. Then rebuffed and then redrugged. It takes some amount of time and it takes the cooperation of another player. That, to me, is enough of a penalty. If you have DF persistant through death then you will have no one ever use drugs essentially rendering them another pointless unused item.
    If there is such an issue with drugflash then why not propose changes in the brainport instead of exploiting? Either the drugflash is fine and people shouldn't be using "loopholes" or the drugflash should be altered thus rendering the "loophole" pointless. As it stands this is not the way the game was meant to be played and imo shouldn't be played.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

But another player doesn't have to be involved. Like I've stated previously, as a defending player, you can simply have an alt char in the UG ready to rez and rebuff. What Jodo is saying is right. The system should be designed in such a way that killing yourself to get around drugflash should not be required and is a loophole that should be closed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast