Default Resurrection should cause Synaptic Impairment

People are self killing to get rid of their drug flashes.

In my opinion (as convenient as it is to use this method) this should be considered unfair and an exploit.

I find that being resurrected should take you out of the fight for a little bit. It may still fix your drug flash but you would trade this off for SI.

It seems only fair.

This also creates an additional opportunity for various quality of resurrection spells. Higher quality means less SI.

Try looking at the wider angle and not just your own OP play style before you comment

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    Try looking at the wider angle and not just your own OP play style before you comment
    If I understand this right, you have an issue with the possibility of evading the drug flash.
    With your last sentence, you already point out why addressing this issue by altering the resurrection is not a feasible solution.
    Twisting this into a master plan for adding value to build quality and the different variants of resurrection modules is not going to change that. The resurrection time and the health pool regained are good differentiators.

The problem is that people can evade the full malus of drug use, but still make use of the full bonus.
    The way resurrection works is not the problem imho.

This would highly effect OP fights. Or was that what you wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    This would highly effect OP fights. Or was that what you wanted?
    It's not my goal, but I realize it has an impact. Feel free to discuss away on if this is good or not. I'm throwing this in here for the devs to check where people stand with their perspectives.

My initial comment to look out of the box is meant so that people don't react with their initial panic: "THIS AFFECTS MY OP WAR GAME PLAY!!"

The obvious solution would be to simply track drug status and flash through death... makes sense from an rp point too, drugs are still in your system as are toxins.

Dying (both via GRing out and being rezzed) would have no effect on drugs or drug flash. While dead timers would pause (some bs about hearts not beating... w/e).

Quote Originally Posted by onero S View Post
    The obvious solution would be to simply track drug status and flash through death... makes sense from an rp point too, drugs are still in your system as are toxins.
    It wouldn't still be in your system, you're a clone of your DNA.

I agree that avoiding drugflash should be addressed though. This is not what was intended with drugs and the rez spell. Drugs should have a drawback so avoiding it is an exploit in my opinion.
    I don't think adding SI to rez is the answer though. Perhaps the drugflash timer should continue counting down through death and you can't be rezzed until it's finished? I dunno. I don't think rez should be punished with SI though.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Am I missing something or when did this become an issue?

SI from Res at OP fights would simply make it not at all worth the risk for the PPU to res anyone until all fighting is over.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

The REAL Walker

Leave drugflashes as they are tbh..
    Drugs could use a slight nerf though, since the stats they give are crazy..
    NOT a main stat nerf though! A subskill nerf only - And thats a fucking important detail, since it would nerf PE's even more into oblivion than they already are..

And the "Rez give SI" idea is just horrible..
    As it has already been said, it would have a major effect on opfights.
    If a PPU can get a rez off durring a opfight, its deserved (unless zerging, but thats another story).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    It wouldn't still be in your system, you're a clone of your DNA.

I agree that avoiding drugflash should be addressed though. This is not what was intended with drugs and the rez spell. Drugs should have a drawback so avoiding it is an exploit in my opinion.
    I don't think adding SI to rez is the answer though. Perhaps the drugflash timer should continue counting down through death and you can't be rezzed until it's finished? I dunno. I don't think rez should be punished with SI though.
    You're not simply cloned, your status is coppied by the GR as well (I mean, even your haircut is maintained lol). Anyway, these RP details aren't quite the point...

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Leave drugflashes as they are tbh..
    Drugs could use a slight nerf though, since the stats they give are crazy..
    NOT a main stat nerf though! A subskill nerf only - And thats a fucking important detail, since it would nerf PE's even more into oblivion than they already are..

And the "Rez give SI" idea is just horrible..
    As it has already been said, it would have a major effect on opfights.
    If a PPU can get a rez off durring a opfight, its deserved (unless zerging, but thats another story).
    The issue with avoiding drugflash isn't so much that people are doing anything wrong, but that drugs seem like they are too good. Drugging should not be a necessity, part of the issue is the massive subskill bonuses granted, I agree here for sure.

I am against the idea. Drugs are one of the few cash sinks in the game. We need to encourage drug use in nc not punish it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I am against the idea. Drugs are one of the few cash sinks in the game. We need to encourage drug use in nc not punish it.
    I agree 100 percent that we need more cash sinks, but drugs aren't the answer, heck most of the commonly spammed ones are recyclable anyway.

Appreciate people are against the idea. Please try and provide an alternate solution to people exploiting methods to get rid of the drug flash. That was my initial intend anyway

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by onero S View Post
    I agree 100 percent that we need more cash sinks, but drugs aren't the answer, heck most of the commonly spammed ones are recyclable anyway.
    If anything the drug flash should be reduced/more like it was in nc1. The drug flash now after just 1 drug can sometimes be cripplingly crazy.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

It really depends on whether you consider dying as an exceptable means of getting rid of df. I mean redrugging will get rid of the flash, you van go for 30 mins doing this without any flash. Maybe limit the amount of drugs you can take to one.

I don't consider it unfair to kill yourself to get rid of the drugflash. Especially in fighting. Since doing that cancels out a fighter and forces a PPU to ressurect that player, and that is very risky for a PPU. So yes, the player itself avoids the consequences of the drug flash but the team stands in for him. And since that happens in a team situation I'm perfectly ok with this.

In PvE I rarely see drug ressourections and in single PvP or P2 PvP i don't see a problem either. Or do you want to wait while your opponents are sitting yout their drug flash, SI or any other punishment?

And it's not that they avoid a downtime completly, they have to wait at least 30 sec till the ressourection succeded. Sometimes even more till the PPU is ready.

And to the RP thing. Druges are purged out of the system, like every other bad thing. If it weren't and you died from poison, you'd simply die again, and again, and again, and again,.... Heck the spell even puts together a corpse encounterd by a melee tank. So drugs shouldn't be the Problem.
    ‘Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.’

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast