Default APU spells are bugged. Please fix it.

I have a level 6 apu, and just trying to use the psi spells is a huge pain, since they seem to be bugged, and they don't aim and fire properly. i have to keep on waiting and holding down the weapons to try to fire the psi spells. In neocron 2.0, the spells worked fine, but since 2.2, they seem to be bugged.

I think it needs to be fixed, so the psi spells work well the way they intend to, with the weapons firing properly, and not having to go right up to the mob to damage them.

It would make leveling easier, and less painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshotx7 View Post
    I have a level 6 apu, and just trying to use the psi spells is a huge pain, since they seem to be bugged, and they don't aim and fire properly. i have to keep on waiting and holding down the weapons to try to fire the psi spells. In neocron 2.0, the spells worked fine, but since 2.2, they seem to be bugged.

I think it needs to be fixed, so the psi spells work well the way they intend to, with the weapons firing properly, and not having to go right up to the mob to damage them.

Yea... it's annoying. The issues you're having stem from two different problems:

1) APU range is too low at all levels. This is especially comically apparent on a lower level monk however as your beginning range is basically spitting distance.

2) APU spells bug at higher frequencies, that's part of the reason that APU rares cap out at such a low frequency, as spells fire faster they stop working correctly at times. A fix for this would be amazing and perhaps enable a faster rof for some spells (I love the idea of having multiple rares with different styles. Let there be a rare halo that is fast and a rare beam that is slow for instance).

Monk leveling to PSI 27 ( first barrel ) is so broken that i cannot be even described. Spells fizzle and biggest issue is the damage. Low lvl spells ( even cst'ed ) do insanely low dmg. Basically nothing. Then multibolt does huge damage ( once acquired ) to multiple mobs. There's huge cap. Until that point ( where you get multibolt or barrel ), you are better knifing rats. And this is not a joke.

After APU is in mid levels and gets his barrels running its fast leveling. Barrels have over 100 meters range and can be casted in chaos cave from one end to other.

Broken and need's to be adressed. New players are not staying in game, if they start as Monk. God help the nib, who starts as PPU...
    Finnish Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshotx7 View Post

One of the better things patch 2.2 introduced was the need for Monks to aim and to have a Line-of-sight. Therefore thewy introduced the aiming circle for spells and the need for a LOS.

But the balancing of the spells embedded in the whole damage context maybe bad for some spell types. They never improved or corrected it after the Neocron 2.2 patch. Same was valid for some drone functions/ damage, too.

Reed

Default So you should stick to melee combat till psi 27?

Quote Originally Posted by CritiNator View Post
    Monk leveling to PSI 27 ( first barrel ) is so broken that i cannot be even described. Spells fizzle and biggest issue is the damage. Low lvl spells ( even cst'ed ) do insanely low dmg. Basically nothing. Then multibolt does huge damage ( once acquired ) to multiple mobs. There's huge cap. Until that point ( where you get multibolt or barrel ), you are better knifing rats. And this is not a joke.

After APU is in mid levels and gets his barrels running its fast leveling. Barrels have over 100 meters range and can be casted in chaos cave from one end to other.

Broken and need's to be adressed. New players are not staying in game, if they start as Monk. God help the nib, who starts as PPU...
    So untill you reach psi 27, you should use melee weapons? but you have low strength, and do even less damage.

They really need to fix it, so its as easy to aim as pistols and rifles, and do as much damage as rifles or pistols. Make it so that leveling in the low levels is not a bear.

Honestly, hitting those rats with knife gives better xp than using spells on mobs. It's ridiculous how low the damage is.
    Finnish Gimp