happened way to often today for all of us.

uNiTy - il35 - droogs - dark reign

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

P.S. Buff PE stealth so that it lasts long enough to be used to sync from UG and try to move away from it after sync.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    P.S. Buff PE stealth so that it lasts long enough to be used to sync from UG and try to move away from it after sync.
    Eh, it's the UG system in general that needs rework.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by onero S View Post
    Eh, it's the UG system in general that needs rework.
    True it does, but I was thinking more than if it takes 2 seconds to activate your stealth and you're on a PE were your stealth only 3 seconds it's almost completely pointless even trying to use it.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    True it does, but I was thinking more than if it takes 2 seconds to activate your stealth and you're on a PE were your stealth only 3 seconds it's almost completely pointless even trying to use it.
    Fair enough, If stealth is changed to have a delay by design, I'll grant that 5 seconds may be somewhat pointless. That being said, I'd like to see some more ways to counter stealth (first and foremost true sight sanctum seems like it needs a fix, people apparently are running through it successfully without being seen).

Its not the first stealth that is the problem. Spies need the first burst to get them out of the shit and stand a chance of healing off somewhere safe. It is the people who use it constantly to take a shot and wear down their opponent and then stealth away before he has a chance to retaliate fairly that are the problem.

If the stealth had a cool down on it then those players would have to go toe to toe finally with their opponent and actually risk their setups and skills vs their opponents or face death the same as a tank/pe/monk does.

Spies who abuse stealth are the reason it needs to be changed, not the people who use it for reconnaissance/evasion of others.

Stealth is a defence mechanism but it should not be used as a get out of jail free card every 2 seconds with no penalty. If there was a 5 second (for example) recharge time between uses then the spy would have the opportunity to use it once and get the fuck out of the way of his opponent and THEN decide if he wants to reattack or leave the area. If he wants to go back he should know that he has 5 seconds then to restealth or hope he kills his opponent first.

This is a much fairer (in my opinion) way of dealing with spies and stealth.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

True, though you also have a situation where people use it as a quit button if they are loosing, an option that other classes don't have.

Frankly I'm not sure what would be best, a delay, a cooldown or something else.

A 1 second cast time delay and a 5 second cool down in my opinion.

Stealth on a spy is an absolute must when fighting multiple people though, get in do some damage then stealth out before everyone shoots you at once.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    A 1 second cast time delay and a 5 second cool down in my opinion.
    Make it a 10 second cooldown, and I approve
    I doubt 5 secs would change much ::: One burst into target -> stealth -> one or two bursts into target -> stealth -> etc.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

5 seconds is a long time when youre rapping that button and praying though my friend

However those sort of details are what the test server is for!

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    5 seconds is a long time when youre rapping that button and praying though my friend

However those sort of details are what the test server is for!
    I know, but I dont think a 5sec cooldown will change much from how it is now

That is very true though! Hope (if its even possible) that we will see this change at some point on the testserver
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Default [R#181] Stealth Lag

This seems to be getting worse especially of late.

OP fighting I activate stealth (stealth II), on my screen I am in stealth but i am continuing to get shot, other people in my team tell me I am still visible. I have the stealth effect counter on the bottom right of my screen. I eventually disappear off other peoples screens a good 5-10 seconds after I activated stealth. This wasnt a 1-2 second delay it was significant.

This has happened multiple times at multiple fights and it has happened to other clanmates as well. Someone will say on TS "Faid stealth you're getting hit", to witch I reply "I am stealthed", to witch they reply "I can still see you".

If I were frapsing the fight yesterday, you would have thought the other team was using an aimbot. Which obviously they weren't because my own team could still see me.

This problem is getting to the point where people are starting to leave. Due to the ridiculous overpowered dissy or AK you absolutely need to be able to stealth quickly. With the speed nerf in effect you die so fast now to dissy/AK stealth is essential and when it's not working it's pointless to even fight.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...e-stealth-ends

Last post on there as well
    Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    Does the same go for things like med kits and stuff as well. Might be interesting to see as i have seen many people try to stealth or say they have but were still visable, or went stealth for a second or 2 then popped out without using a stealth breaker or having a True Sight up near them.

On another point however I did find out that 1 person who frequently complained that his stealth never ever seemed to work, but showed him stealthed on his screen actually had a problem that he didnt noticed and for some reason couldnt see. This was that his stealth tool had broken, and much like some implants that break but then cant be poked in when in your processor but when you inspect them show 4-5% left or whatever his was showing to him 5-10% and could be left in the quick slot and worked and continued to work even after relogging and posibly being like this for weeks. but on trading the item to me to test i saw that the item was on 0%.
    So little piece of advice is get your tool checked (hehehe, getting your tool checked by someone else...) to see if its broken but not showing.
    Might be an idea to check if your stealth tool is busted, or buy a new one anyway just incase its a buggy one.

It's not just me though, this happens with multiple people. Although all day today it worked fine at the op fights. Dunno maybe its just server lag but when it happens it's crushing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast