NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    IMO MC5's should just have lowered their current requirements. I would hate not being able to use a Herc on a HC tank, or a DIP on a pistol character.
    But this is quite off-topic isnt it?
    I'm going to create a separate topic to discuss this.

Im against a WEP cap though.
    I like how its hard'ish to reach aiming cap with some weapons (some weapons aim% cap should be made easier to achieve though).

I have used a WEP implant on my tanks for about 2 years now, so I can cap Dev aim. And on Terra my AK spy was pure WEP for added damage (although that had nothing to do with aim% ).
    I kinda agree and disagree with your point there. I would like to see some kind of realistic aim cap put in for weapons, however I do agree that it should be hard to cap some weapons.

E.g. I should be able to cap a Paineaser relatively easily, however an TL113 AK should be something that if I want to cap aiming on it will require specialization to do it.

I think the point I'm trying to say is that higher TL weapons should be harder to aim/cap aim, as a trade off for their increased damage potential. Would hopefully allow people to trade some damage for a weapon that is easier to aim/cap aiming on, adding possible variety.

I still think aiming on the whole seems messed up since 2.2. It seems very much based on the range of the weapon and not your aiming % on that weapon (assuming the target is in range ofcourse).
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    E.g. I should be able to cap a Paineaser relatively easily, however an TL113 AK should be something that if I want to cap aiming on it will require specialization to do it.

I think the point I'm trying to say is that higher TL weapons should be harder to aim/cap aim, as a trade off for their increased damage potential. Would hopefully allow people to trade some damage for a weapon that is easier to aim/cap aiming on, adding possible variety.
    In a perfect World, this is how it should be yeah.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

So having this cap on low tech and thus uncomplicated weaponry would be feasible then?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    So having this cap on low tech and thus uncomplicated weaponry would be feasible then?
    Nah, Dev would get way too powerfull then
    WEP implant, Drug and PPU buff is needed to cap aim on it now. I would like to keep it that way.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Nah, Dev would get way too powerfull then
    WEP implant, Drug and PPU buff is needed to cap aim on it now. I would like to keep it that way.
    No, Dev is TL108 thus due to it's high TL would still require a lot of weapon lore to cap, same as it is now.

A comparable weapon to the Dev would be the IAR-47 (tl108), it should require the same amount of Weapon Lore to cap.

Paineaser is only TL93 therefore should require much less weapon lore to cap aiming on. The weapon required to cap each weapon should be based on their Tech Level and possibly Weapon Class (pistols, rifles, Heavy etc.), though each class of weapon already has different aiming characteristics.
    TERRA:

I like this idea. As far as dev, that's not an issue, specific guns will obviously need balancing changes down the road.

If a hard cap is introduced it should be different for all weapons. Pistols would obviously be a lot lower than rifles etc. If there was then some extra benefit to PSU then we might even be able to balance up low tech pes!

The REAL Walker

If a hard cap is introduced it should be different for all weapons. Pistols would obviously be a lot lower than rifles etc. If there was then some extra benefit to PSU then we might even be able to balance up low tech pes!
    As long as it would only be a hard cap to AIM%. I would hate to not being able to overspec for a bit of extra damage.
    Sadly I do fear that it would be more Work for the devs, than it is worth..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

It would be a hard cap to aiming in order to set in concrete the reticle close speed in any given conditions yes. I would rather see overcapped wpl have some bonus to ROF however.

The REAL Walker

It would be a hard cap to aiming in order to set in concrete the reticle close speed in any given conditions yes. I would rather see overcapped wpl have some bonus to ROF however.
    But ROF is hardcapped on weapons, just like Aim% is, isnt it? With a high damage setup, you will reach that cap. Thats why I would rather see WEP boost damage
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Last edited by SilentEye; 27-03-13 at 16:22. Reason: Forget I said anything :)

But ROF is hardcapped on weapons, just like Aim% is, isnt it? With a high damage setup, you will reach that cap. Thats why I would rather see WEP boost damage
    As far as I know yes but you cant cap it on many weapons that I know of. I would rather see clearly defined (and reachable) caps on all weapons to promote diversity with the "spare" points.

Looking at what spedcap did to dex/con setups, i would most definitly be in favor of the same for WEP and aiming.

Basically make the reticule behave the same way it does now at 250% aiming, but with lower WEP needed.

As far as I know yes but you cant cap it on many weapons that I know of. I would rather see clearly defined (and reachable) caps on all weapons to promote diversity with the "spare" points.
    ^ This. I don't mind if the caps for high TL weapons are difficult to attain and require 'specialization'.

For example, with 200 R-C and 154 Wep lore you only get 172% DMG and 154% FRQ on a full Artifact Pain Easer (that is only a TL 93 weapon).
    On a full Artifact Ray of God with the same r-c, wep lore and 108 t-c you only get 170% DMG and 136% FRQ and that's still not a very high end TL weapon (TL 98).

Capping rifles at the minute simply isn't realistic/possible for any PE to achieve and isn't a realistic target for Spy either.
    Pistol's as far as I can tell are the same.

I will need to log onto the TS to get the AIM % of those weapons with that setup on full arti weapons.
    TERRA:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12